OOC (18+) Blackest Night

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

OnlyThePie

RECRUITING OPEN

The death of the Dragonborn nearly 50 years ago did not work wonders for Skyrim. A stalemate was formed in the civil war, with Imperials holding out in Solitude, while the rest of Skyrim bowed to Ulfric Stormcloak. The Mages guild was a mess, with several failed Archmages in a row leaving it a shred of it's last glory. The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood ran amok throughout the kingdom. The few unslain dragons made messes of towns, and the ever more bold Draugr made father journeys from their tombs. Aldmeri Elves were either attacked or made into tiny lords of Fiefs. Orcish strongholds barred their doors from all travelers.

But a Nord going only by Hrodar suddenly appeared, stronger than any other in magic. He forged his power into metal, a sword, a shield, and a crown. When he wore all three, none could stand against him. He siezed control of Falkreath Hold, and suddenly all the problems plaguing the rest of Skyrim vanished from the land. At first, the people of Skyrim and especially Falkreath hailed him as a hero. But soon he turned to shadow. Massive walls went up by Riverwood and Sunderstone Gorge, and Falkreath fell into shadow. None who enter have returned. The land is now called Hjulmor. It is a black place.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some rules to start us off:
    1. Follow all general rules of this forum (no godding, metagaming etc.)
    2. Please inform us of any absences you plan to take, we'll work around them
    3. This is an 18+, but I intend this more for Violence and Gore than sexual situations
    4. This is going to be a very grim roleplay. Please be prepared for this.
    5. Respect everyone (this should be a given)
    Our story will begin as a group of folk drawn to the outer region of Hjulmor known as the Gate of Despair (Located where Riverwood used to be, outside of Hjulmor). Upon meeting these people will agree to enter the black land to investigate its happenings. Events will occur outside in Skyrim during the story (so be prepared to return as well). Your first post should relate how you came to join the group and why.
    [Note: This is my first hosted RP, so there may be a few bumps, bear with me please]
    Cast:
    OnlyThePie as Murvor "Mur" Bannermist (a Nord Heavy Warrior)
    PuffTuff as Vladier (a Breton Vampire)
    DeathInstigator as Velle Druayn (a Dunmer Assassin)
    Please use the following CC:
    Name:
    Preferred Chat Color:
    Class:
    Weight:
    Build:
    Laterality:
    Sexuality:
    Marital Status:
    Properties:
    Affiliations:
    Afflictions:
    Habits:
    Positive traits:
    Negative Traits:
    Likes/Loves:
    Dislikes/Hates:
    Fears:

Appearance
    Hair Length:
    Hair Color:
    Facial Hair:
    Eye Color:
    Skin Color:
    Casual Attire:
    Armour:

Skills
    Master:
    Expert:
    Adept:
    Apprentice:
    Novice:

Gear:

History:

Last edited:

OnlyThePie

Name: Murvor "Mur" Bannermist
    Race: Nord
    Preferred Chat Color: Orange
    Class: Heavy Warrior
    Height: 5' 11"
    Weight: 240 lbs
    Build: Large, particularly in the arms and torso
    Laterality: Right Handed
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Marital Status: Single
    Properties: Morthal Home
    Affiliations: Ex. Contract Soldier, paid by Stormcloaks.
    Afflictions: None at present time
    Habits: Smoking (pipe), Humming, Drinking, Drumming Fingers
    Positive traits: Strong, Tough, Quick-Witted, Funny, Excellent Architectural Eye
    Negative Traits: Brusque, A Drunk (sometimes), Agressive, Easily-Angered
    Likes/Loves: Weapons (particularly swords), Combat, Horses, Alcohol
    Dislikes/Hates: Thieves/Assassins (Cowards), Needless killing, People who tell him to stop doing things
    Fears: The Death of his Sister, A true peace (Deep inside, he needs to fight)

Appearance
    Hair Length: Shoulder
    Hair Color: Black
    Facial Hair: Short Beard
    Eye Color: Gray
    Skin Color: Light Tan
    Casual Attire: Leather tunic and pants
    Armour: Steel Plate, with the exception of a Carved Nordic Helmet

Skills
    Master:
    Expert: Two Handed, Heavy Armor
    Adept: Archery
    Apprentice: Smithing, Alchemy
    Novice: Lockpicking

Gear: A single Nordic steel greatsword

History: Orphaned at age 14, Mur and his little sister, Miran, journeyed from town to town earning money as varying jobs, as long as they were legal. When Miran left to become a priest of Arkay, when Mur was 16, Mur took up fighting. Fight he did. He spent the next 4 years as a contract soldier, protecting caravans, killing bandits, etc. The Stormcloaks finally bought him to help them in their last siege attempt of Solitude when he was 22. He served with them for 3 years, before leaving when he heard his sister had returned. Miran found his need for combat disgusting, and turned him away. He continued to care for her, and secretly sent her money so she could live in Morthal and continue her passion, while under his secret watch. With the sealing of Hjulmor, Mur's enquiry into the Black Land began.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Hmm, this reminds me a lot of that old gem, Hands of the Sorrowful Knight (RIP in peace). I'll say I'm interested for now, but I'll hold off on actually joining until I know I can keep up :p

OnlyThePie

Okay, thanks for the heads up Vakarian.

OnlyThePie

I'm only gonna bump this once, if nobody else responds, I'll give up on it.

Pufftuff

Name: Vladier
    Age 290
    Race: Breton/Vampire
    Preferred Chat Color: Dis?
    Class: Necromancer
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 120lbs
    Build: Thin almost decrepit looking.
    Laterality: Ambidextrous
    Sexuality: Uninterested
    Properties: Small hut in The Pale
    Affiliations: None
    Afflictions: Vampirism
    Habits: Reading, Writing, Mixing Potions and Tonics
    Positive traits: He helps those in need, curing disease
    Negative Traits: Lost his mind and delights in watching those he deems evil or lesser suffer.
    Likes/Loves: Nothing but himself truly
    Dislikes/Hates: The ignorant and the brutish. Vampires.
    Fears: Death

Appearance
    Hair Length: Long Black matted and unkempt
    Hair Color: Black
    Facial Hair: Long unempt beard to match his hair
    Eye Color: An Eire glowing yellow
    Skin Color: Pale grey
    Casual Attire: He is always in a ragged black robe, he wears a long black hood during the day.
    Armour: None

Skills
    Master: Conjuration ( Necromancy ) Illusion
    Expert: Alchemist
    Adept: Light Armor
    Apprentice: Sneaking
    Novice:

Gear: His normal Black garb he is unarmed as far as any material weapons go.

History: Vladier has seen so many winters he can't remember how old he is. He remembers the Oblivion crisis making him at least older than 200 years. As a Breton he discovered that he had a strong hand towards magic and began practicing magic at a very young age. He joined the mages guild many years ago and learned as much about Conjuration and Illusion magic as he could before the dissolution of the guild. His motives were never known to anyone, he had cut ties with his family and stayed to himself, he began to study Necromancy in private becoming obsessed with learning to control the dead and the minds of the living. In his later years around 70 he had mastered most of all there was to know about controlling the dead and the thoughts and minds of the living. He was a mad man by that point, often taking pleasure in causing groups of friends to slaughter each other and raising them again as his minions. But he realized that his time was approaching so he shifted his gaze to expanding his life, and ultimately immortality. This eventually led him to Skyrim where he hoped to study the vampires and figure a way to just extract their immortality for himself. He was immediately shunned by the college for his insane goals. He finally found a small coven of vampires to study near Dawnstar, where he had developed a friendly or tolerated relationship with the Jarl for his assistance with problems of the undead kind. While studying the vampires though they grew weary and followed him home one day assuming he was an enemy. That's when he achieved his goal.....in a manner of speaking, he was turned. And although now immortal he didn't want to sacrifice his own humanity. He has since lived in Skyrim still trying to learn how to stay alive and cure his affliction. Making his money by making and selling potions and tonics. He stayed as neutral as possible during the "Great War". Although left alone for the most part he had little love of the Thalmor and their lust for control. Having a long history with all Jarls of The Pale has aloud him to live in relative peace with the province.

Roleplaying Example:
    Vladier has been studying this coven of vampires for almost five years and nearing his end he has little to nothing to show for it. He has spent all these years trying to figure out how to harness the immortality of the vampires without losing his humanity. As he headed home hoping to be far enough away from the cave before night fall to avoid any problems with the vampires, he was writing in his journal, I have come to the conclusion that they sustain their lives by feeding on the life force of living beings. Corpses do nothing for them all though this is a small progress it is progress indeed. If I could figure out a potion to synthesize the life force of a human then I may have found the answers I seek. If only the fools at the college would help me with my research. I fear I'm not long for this world and that I may not find what I seek in time. I hope that whomever finds this journal can continue my work.

As he approached his home it was quite late, he was tired his old bones ached from the ride and the cold. He could see his home at the bottom of the hill and he felt an unnatural chill run up his spine. He stopped and threw magelight behind him, nothing he figured maybe wolves or something. He got home and spent some time messing around with some potions. Must have been about midnight he decided to retire for the evening.

"He's an old man, just grab him and lets go." Vladier woke up to three men dragging him to the floor, tying him up. He immediately recognized them it was two of the younger vampires and the master vampire of the coven he knew him as Festisius. He tried to escape but he was a frail old man and they were much stronger than he was. They sat him up in the main hall of his house in a chair. Festisius spoke angrily, "I have to hand it to you. I had no idea how long you've been watching us, I wasn't alerted until weeks ago." his voice dropped to a normal tone. "We have been watching you as well you are clearly interested in how we stay alive," he spoke as he thumbed through Vladiers journals. "my my my....you have been busy haven't you." Vladier spoke up, "I meant you and yours no harm I only wished to learn from you." Nodding Festisius responded. "Yet you refer to us as monsters, strong words coming from a mad man in the hills of The Pale." Vladier began to sweat this was the night he would die. Little did he know that it would be a fate far worse than death.

Pacing back and forth Festisius had an evil grin come across his face. "I will give you what you seek old man. Immortality will be yours," his deep red eyes staring straight at the old man. "But you will become one of the monsters you despise so very much." Vladier spoke hiding the fear in his voice. "I'll die before I let that happen. What I was working on could have changed the world!" as he spoke Vladier looked to the two vampires standing on either side of him he cast a bound dagger into his hands. Watching to make sure they weren't looking he cut his binds. "I'm not as helpless as I may seem." He said standing up casting a sword into each hand and decapitating the two vampires flanking him. As he swung toward Festisius. He stopped and his swords disappeared, he was paralyzed. Festisius laughed maniacally, he then sank his fangs and drained the old man until he passed out.

Waking in the morning to a burning sensation from the sun coming through his windows. Vladier knew instantly what had happened. It was done......

OnlyThePie

I accept your application. I'm interested to see how a Vampire will survive in the black land. Though I advise you don't go feasting on any of our party, though it might be interesting.

DeathInstigator

Name: Velle Druayn
    Race: Dunmer
    Preferred Chat Color: Green
    Class: Assassin
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 105lbs
    Build: Lithe, very thin, with muscle
    Laterality: Left-handed
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Properties: A bed in the Dawnstar Sanctuary
    Affiliations: Dark Brotherhood
    Afflictions: None
    Habits: Drinking, checking her back, sneaking everywhere
    Positive traits: Quick reflexes, ability to adapt to almost any situation,
    Negative Traits: Silent and generally doesn't express emotions,
    Likes/Loves: The smell of freshly-spilt blood, darkness, the night, being in control of another's life; killing in general. Forests, and climbing trees.
    Dislikes/Hates: Thieves, being against stronger opponents who are aware of her location. Horses, being surrounded by people she doesn't know. Losing, and being under somebody else's control.
    Fears: Fire, zombies.

Appearance:
    dothasi_by_drawanon-d5jncb1.jpg

Hair Length: Shaved on right side, other side long enough to reach her jaw
    Hair Color: Silver, dyed a dark grey
    Facial Hair: None
    Eye Color: Crimson, as most Dunmer's are
    Skin Color: Ash, but a more lighter tone than most of her kind
    Casual Attire: Usually a dark leather tunic and pants, with a dark cloak.
    Armour:
    upf_20111218darkbro.jpg

Skills
    Master: Sneak
    Expert: One-handed, light armour
    Adept: Lockpicking
    Apprentice: Archery
    Novice:

Gear:
    5777755_orig.jpg

Along with a hunting bow and elven arrows.

History: Velle was the offspring of an assassin and her contract. Gabriella of the Dark Brotherhood was her mother, her father some Dunmer who lived in Windhelm. She was an accident, and unexpected, the Sanctuary of Falkreath definitely not prepared for a child. But she wasn't neglected when she was born, far from it. All Dark Brothers and Sisters were her family, and all loved her. She was taught to use a dagger from the first time she could pick the weapon up, and taught how to use a bow as soon as she could draw the string back. When the Penitus Occulatus invaded their home, her legs and chest were horribly burnt, the fire got her neck, but her face remained free from burns. Dawnstar was where she took her first kill at 15, a local man with a contract. Velle is the assassinator of Maven Black-Briar and the recent Guildmaster, and the woman who reduced the ties between the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood to dust, something she is relatively proud of. Earned her facial scars in another near-death experience with a Thieves Guild member who wanted to take revenge for the killing of their leader, as well as a nasty scar down the centre of her chest.

OnlyThePie

Accepted, Be warned, fire and zombies will be abound in the Black Land, as will thieves and open plains.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts