OOC [18+]Ascension (A GoT Roleplay)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    But what do we have left, once we abandon the lie? Chaos? A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all.”
    Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”

Gerald Redwyne, the leader of the mercenary band – The Sharpened Hilt, once a a bloodthirsty and greedy renegade, now works in the service of King Robert, and rules a group of over 80 more than capable solders. In order to assure a safe future for his only daughter, Geralt pledged his sword to defend the Iron Throne. After years of service to the Baratheon King, Gerald is rewarded with lands and people of his own, thus ascending to lordship. Thus, house Redwyne is born, a minor house in servitude of The Stag, away from the politics of King's Landing but close to other small houses and dangers of The Stormlands. Will house Redwyne become a real player in Westeros, with Geralt clinging to take the Iron Throne for himself? Or will it be crushed under the heavy boot of far greater players? Only time will tell.

------

This is a roleplay that takes part in the universe of “A song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R Martin, and tells a side story of a small house that reaches greatness due to schemes, plots, pacts, betrayals and warfare. In this RP, your character and (possibly) it's family become advisers to house Redwyne and share in Gerald's burdens and political intrigues. Your character will play a major role in the ascension of this new and young house. Of course there is more to the story than that, there are going to be a lot of unexpected encounters house Redwyne will face, and Gerald's opinion on how to handle certain situation will be changed according to the opinion of his advisors.

Rules
    1.All general forum, and role play rules apply, even if this is a GoT RP. Please keep that in mind.
    2.If you have not watched at least the first season of the show(or red the book counterparts) you are going to be super confused, and I would advise not applying.
    3.Make sure you have enough time to post, and remain active in the thread. Post regularly, at the very least once every other day. If you need to leave for any ammount of time please be sure to let me know. DO NOT apply if you cannot commit or think you will drop out on a later date. There are enough half-finished roleplays out there and I'd rather not add to them.
    4.No power playing/godmodding. Play a realistic character with believable flaws, don't make your character have insane combat skills and mind blowing perks. Do not make them knowledgeable of information they cannot possibly know, and If it happens your character uncovers a secret plot make sure you have a reasoning of how they found it.
    5.I don't want this RP to be full of old characters, but if you have someone young make sure he doesn't know too much or do to well for his age. I've seen roleplays in which 20 years old characters are known to use expert magical abilities as well as having a persuasive tongue as well as well as being masters of combat as well as being flawless smiths as well as being able to move around a room unseen. It takes long years of practice to learn a skill of any kind, be them fight skills, social skills or knowledge skills.
    6.In the IC make sure you do not break the 4th wall and keep to the medieval times in which this RP is set on as good as possible.
    7. In the OOC, you can go off-topic, but don't create pages of posts about unrelated stuff. If you get that settled upon a conversation, take it to PM
    8.Be nice and tolerant of everyone in the OOC. Don't start rants just because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you. Try to keep controversial subjects such as politics, religion, science, equal rights, etc at bay so you don't inevitably break rule nr7.
    9.Make sure you use good punctuation and grammar.
    10.Try not to make a magic character (faceless man/sun god sorcerer/warlock etc). If you have to, make sure your character doesn't instantly become overpowered and it's done with good taste.
    11.Have your posts at least 3 paragraphs long. If your characters are having a conversation, try working that out via messages, rather than posting one liners over and over.
    12.Don't kill or otherwise take control of someone's character without direct permission from the roleplayer. If deaths are involved, try to talk to me about it first.
    13.This is a mature thread, rated 18+. Profanity, violence, disturbing images, sexual themes and way more included(this is GoT after all).
    14. So long as any profanity or sexual themes are included both tastefully, reasonably and at the best of discretion they will be accepted.
    15. You can roleplay with more than one guy. You can RP with his entire family, maids included, but try not to open too many plot holes regarding those characters too fast.
    16.Have a good reason for your adviser to join my house(will explain more in the CC section).
    17.Depending on his role in the council, you can come up with minor to medium-sized problems that your character found out about. In fact I encourage you to be creative and come up with as many random plops as you can, as long as it feels realistic. For example, say your character is the Master of Coin, he could hear that the merchants are using false weights. Then the council decides what to do, false weights give more profit to the merchants and thus more profit to House Redwyne, but if the townsfolk find out they gon be pissed.
    18.If you have red all the rules, make sure you randomly place the logo of any of the great houses of Westeros somewhere in your CC. That proves you have red all the rules up to this one.
    19.If you want to create an epic plot twist that is focused on your advisor's past catching up to him, or something more personal about your character, PM me and we can work that out.
    20. Have fun, none of those rules matter if you don't enjoy your role and part in this RP.

CC
    If you want your CC to be accepted, follow the rules above, and try to fill in the following spaces.

Name
    Appearance(an image would be good)
    Personality
    Experience and skills
    Personal History
    Reason for Joining house Redwyne(your advisor could be sent by the king or another noble from a family that wishes good future with house Redwyne. Or he could be an old friend of Geralds, or he just wanted a job, you can think of some reasons)

Cast Slots

Important Figures(the RP cannot start without those slots filled)
    Blackdoom59 as Lord Gerald Redwyne
    OPEN Maester(the maester doesn't have to be old, he can be young. This guy is super important, and I would like if the one that took the Maester place red the books OR know a lot GoT lore. I haven't red the books myself, and it would be amazing having someone in the RP who did.)
    Blitzz as Chief Lucian Naelis
    Alexstrasza as Whisperer Adriana Sand
    OPEN Master of Coin

Lesser Figures(can be NPCs, or can be filled out by people)
    OPEN Sept High Priestess
    OPEN Godswood Keeper
    OPEN R'hllor Red Priest/Priestess

The RP will start wen all the important figure slots are filled, and in it Gerald will claim his new lands in a way you might have not expected

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I see someone's played the Crusader Kings 2 Mod ;)

Are we all going to be members of house Redwyne?

I haven't played Crusader Kings :p. No, you are all going to be advisors, like Baelish and Varys. Close to the family but theorically not part of it.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Name:Gerald Redwyne​
    Birth Place: Dragonstone​
    Religion:None, although he has knowledge and tolerance of all the others.​
    Ocupation: Lord(former mercenary)​
    Sexuality:Straight​
    Martial Status: Widdower​
    Laterality: Right Handed​
    Appearance:
    Robert_Baratheon_by_henning.jpg
    Quite like in the picture, long haired, bulky individual. He has slightly darker hair, bordering on yellowish brown.​
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral​
    Personality: Generally a very suspicious and cautious person, kind towards friends and family but cold and unforgiving towards outsiders.​
    Experience and Skills: As a former mercenary, Gerald knows to handle most weapons, from one handed to two handed to shields. Although he is new to politics, he has a silver tongue from being a mercenary.​
    Personal History: Gerald spent his childhood in Dragonstone, whom, at the time, belonged to the Targaryen family. He had two brothers, and one sister, alongside a lot of cousins, and his family was a lowborn. He wanted a greater future for himself, so at the age of 14 he started joining tourneys and taking part in military training. When he was around 20 he became a mercenary, doing missions of all kind for the right pay. During Robert's Rebellion, he committed a lot of crimes and sentenced people to their doom. In order to save his own skin he had sold and backstabed his closest friends. After the war he was rewarded by King Robert for his service against the Targaryens, and he became the leader of a merceanary band. Rewards from the Red Keep kept coming, until Gerald finaly reached lordhood.​

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I trust there's a place for me on this? Chief of the Guard is looking mighty appealing...

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
    Let me guess....GAME OF THRONES ASCENT?! :D

BTW I will be applying. Maestor seems nice but since I'm not very acquainted with the Lore, I'll try another spot.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    APPLYING FOR: CHIEF OF THE GUARD

Name: Lucian Naelis (Luke, Luca, Lucas)
    Birthplace: Griffin's Roost
    Religion: Devoted to the Old Gods
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Single
    Laterality: Right-Handed

Appearance: About 6'2" tall, muscular but slim. He has dark brown eyes and tanned skin, with reddish-brown hair that spikes up at the front. He is clean-shaven and has a very defined facial structure.

warrior.jpg

Allignment: Lawful Neutral
    Personality: A very kind-hearted and honest man. He is fiercely loyal to House Redwyne, to Gerald in particular. He is generous on occasion, but will do anything he can to see justice done. He can be offensive, but this is rare. He is reliable and trustworthy.
    Skills and Experience: An extremely talented fighter but not incredibly intelligent. As a former mercenary, he was often the brawn of the operations as opposed to the brains. He learned how to fight with most melee weapons, but favors battle-axes. He does not always say the best thing when he opens his mouth and so stays quiet in intense situations.
    Gear: Plate armor like the image above, with a pale green cape. He sometimes wears normal clothes but always has chain-mail underneath. His combat style favors a two-handed weapon, but he always has an assortment of daggers and throwing knives on hand for sticky situations.
    History: The eldest son of House Naelis, Lucian grew up with two younger brothers and an older sister. He was a trouble-maker at school, often getting into fights with fellow students and ditching class, but he always had a good heart. He had a pet cat as a child, and a dog as a teenager, and when he reached his twenties he took on a snake. His house was devoted to the Targaryens, and as a result, they were shamed and his parents were executed as traitors when Robert came to power. He joined the Sharpened Hilt mercenary group, alongside Gerald Redwyne, and fought alongside him for years, as a brave warrior and fame-seeker before Gerald came into Lordship.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    APPLYING FOR: CHIEF OF THE GUARD

Name: Lucian Naelis (Luke, Luca, Lucas)
    Birthplace: Griffin's Roost
    Religion: Devoted to the Old Gods
    Sexuality: Straight
    Marital Status: Single
    Laterality: Right-Handed

Appearance: About 6'2" tall, muscular but slim. He has dark brown eyes and tanned skin, with reddish-brown hair that spikes up at the front. He is clean-shaven and has a very defined facial structure.

View attachment 26762

Allignment: Lawful Neutral
    Personality: A very kind-hearted and honest man. He is fiercely loyal to House Redwyne, to Gerald in particular. He is generous on occasion, but will do anything he can to see justice done. He can be offensive, but this is rare. He is reliable and trustworthy.
    Skills and Experience: An extremely talented fighter but not incredibly intelligent. As a former mercenary, he was often the brawn of the operations as opposed to the brains. He learned how to fight with most melee weapons, but favors battle-axes. He does not always say the best thing when he opens his mouth and so stays quiet in intense situations.
    Gear: Plate armor like the image above, with a pale green cape. He sometimes wears normal clothes but always has chain-mail underneath. His combat style favors a two-handed weapon, but he always has an assortment of daggers and throwing knives on hand for sticky situations.
    History: The eldest son of House Naelis, Lucian grew up with two younger brothers and an older sister. He was a trouble-maker at school, often getting into fights with fellow students and ditching class, but he always had a good heart. He had a pet cat as a child, and a dog as a teenager, and when he reached his twenties he took on a snake. His house was devoted to the Targaryens, and as a result, they were shamed and his parents were executed as traitors when Robert came to power. He joined the Sharpened Hilt mercenary group, alongside Gerald Redwyne, and fought alongside him for years, as a brave warrior and fame-seeker before Gerald came into Lordship.

Nice CC, you're in. Hope more guys will join, I thought a GoT themed RP would be a more popular choice.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Sweet! :D Yeah, I'm surprised this one hasn't had loads of takers already :/ I'll take this if that's okay?

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Just a question: Do I have to sign up for one of the "Important figures"? Or can I be some sort of a bodyguard? (If thats not what Blitzz is :p)

Don't really have any problems with the roles you've set up, but the character I'm thinking about using doesn't quite fit into one of them. Can ofcourse make a new one thou :)

EDIT: Would say that the character I have in mind is more like Bronn.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Just a question: Do I have to sign up for one of the "Important figures"? Or can I be some sort of a bodyguard? (If thats not what Blitzz is :p)

Don't really have any problems with the roles you've set up, but the character I'm thinking about using doesn't quite fit into one of them. Can ofcourse make a new one thou :)

EDIT: Would say that the character I have in mind is more like Bronn.

That would be a lesser figure. And there isn't any problem with you filling out that bodyguard role, but we can't start the RP until all the important figures are filled.
    But you could play as 2 characters - that bodyguard role you're trying to fill and an adviser.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I'm willing to take on two characters if it gets the rp started faster

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I'm willing to take on two characters if it gets the rp started faster

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Well if you know someone that might like to RP in GoT send them the link to this RP. That will speed things up.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I won't be joining; too busy as it is. But I hope you can do this better than I did, at least.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts