1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

100K Gold Achievement

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by zane2453, Dec 10, 2011.

1. zane2453 The Bill Gates of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Hi. Does anyone here have the achievement that you get when you have 100,000 gold? I just want to know if anyone else does besides me.
  2. renswic Member

Message Count:
    I'd have it if I stopped buying houses and what not. As is I'm just under 40k and saving for it.

Tips I can think of, get married, your spouse will cut you in on their store profits., Become the Thief's Guild master, lots of loot earned that way plus a cut back as well. Steal anything that is 100g+, get the speech perks that net better prices, that let you sell stolen items to any vender and let you sell any item to any merchant.
  3. zane2453 The Bill Gates of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Lol nice tips. I also have 2 houses btw :)
  4. FattieFantasy Khajiit Archer

Message Count:
    o_O i barely make 10k :/ .... .. .. thats nice tho
  5. shelder Member

Message Count:
    Ya, the 100k achievement wasnt that hard to get since its easy to make money (Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild = EASY money) :p make money murdering people while selling all the items u stole along the way (kill person then rob their whole house LOL)
  6. LordTalos Member

Message Count:
    I have done every quest, side quest, favours in the game, looted every location with my 100 picklocking and now have a total of 89k lol
  7. Wolf Hello, is it tea you're looking for?

Message Count:
    Wow, 100K gold?!

I would never think about reaching that ._.

I guess I should do more Thieves Guild Quests for money, then.
  8. renswic Member

Message Count:
    Sadly 95% of my moneys came from doing every thing but the Thieves Guild those were(and still are) worth small change.
  9. Metallipath Premium Member

Message Count:
    When I started selling potions I was creating my gold shot through the roof, very abruptly. So yes, I do have the achievement as well. Smithing, Alchemy and Enchanting all make the achievement very obtainable when you perk into them.
  10. SussMofo New Member

Message Count:
    smithing,enchanting and alchemy are the money makers, personally smithing for me, i have over 100k and nothing but levels to spend it on now
  11. xSuoiveDx Dave, The Quiet One.

Message Count:
    Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
    I got the 100k Achievement early ( 2am ) yesterday morning on my last character. I hadn't done any quests for the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild. I simply made & sold Ebony Armour & Weapons, I enchanted a few of them to increase profits more quickly. I had heaps of Ebony Ore & Ingots from mining. I only sold them at the merchants in Whiterun, Solitude & the Trader at Riverwood.
  12. AlimuMC New Member

Message Count:
    You must own every house/upgrade too then. I doubt I'm halfway through the content, 1house, I hoard a ton of stuff, and have 40k or so on hand. I even spent all my db earnings in fixing up my sanctuary. The achievement isn't hard to obtain if you set out to do it.
  13. renswic Member

Message Count:
    Well I managed it today. Started with my 50k in savings(stashed at Dawnstar DB place due to it being 90% stolen :p) Picked it up and spend 30 mins selling every non needed potion I had, then 5 or 6 pieces of higher gold armor I had sitting around :)
  14. A.Castaneda Member

Message Count:
    I got this achievement with my warrior tank. When you spec for high health, armor rating and weapon damage, clearing out giant camps and forsworn camps gets you a lot of sell-able items. Granted its grinding it out but that's the fun of it.
  15. brandon Active Member

Message Count:
    do you have to have the 100k on your person or just make that much. if you just have to make that much then i did it a long time ago. if you have to have it on your person then i dont have it yet. i keep seeing houses i just have to have and weapons i want to display in said houses.
  16. zane2453 The Bill Gates of Skyrim

Message Count:
    ^^ You have to have 100K on you.. lol

Also I made all my money by selling my enchanted items (getting my enchanting to lvl 100), Selling my smithing gear (getting my smithing to lvl 100), Selling pretty much everything that is worth money, also I never really buy stuff.. ever.