• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ritterkreuz

What's 1 little thing that you think Skyrim is missing? Something that wouldn't take much effort at all to add to the game, but would just make it feel a tad bit more real. I'll start the list.

1) Crows. Even just the sound of crows would add to the game. Imagine looking out across the cold lands of the Pale or the Autumn like leaves of the reach and hearing that old familiar sound.

2) Coffee. Increased Stamina in the morning hours!!!!

3) Bacon. What kind of hellish world doesn't have Bacon!?!

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
more easter eggs

scarey

Festivals. There are no festivals / carnivals / fairs etc...
Except the burning of that chappie by the bards.
Turn up in a town on the right date and it's party day!

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
I always thought it would be nice to have packs. Like, fur backpacks or something. You see people wandering around with their magical TARDIS pockets and I just think it would look better if they had a pack slung over one shoulder. It would give a more weatherworn adventurer look I think. I know there's a mod that does something like this but as an Xbox player it's always been something I've missed.

Another thing I would love to see (not sure if it's little enough or not) would be scars. So as your character progresses more scars show up on their face or arms etc. It would just be a nice touch I think, though I would want it to be optional as I'm sure there would be people out there who would want to be able to opt out of scarring.

Bobby12many

The thing that bothers me most s the fact that you cant get an Arcane Enchanter in Breezehome. Literally a perfect location/vicinity to EVERYTHING, aside from having to go to Dragonsreach to enchant.

Minor annoyance, but seems silly that there isnt one

Cazimir

I hate that room in the basement of Proudspire Manor with all the crates and a single bed roll for the Housecarl. Would it have taken that much effort to put in an actual bed or decorate the room? I'd download a mod, but there don't seem to be any that specifically target just that room. And followers are the only thing I've managed to make in the Creation Kit.

Finnsson

Prince of Denmark
There is nothing that can top the OP's mention of bacon, especially since the inclusion of boar meat in Dragonborn (all that swine, and no bacon?), but...

I'd like different ways to interact with NPC's. A pat on the shoulder or back, a friendly wave, a flip of the bird, a curt "screw you" in response to some of the snide remarks you occasionally receive around town - all of these would make me happy. As far as your relationship with your family, well, how tremendously sweet would it be to put an arm around your spouse's shoulder, or to tousle your kid's hair when you get back from a long quest? How about a quick kiss on the cheek, and a sincere "I love you"? Really!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Brothels. Would love to see them as it is the oldest profession known to man. Also, would love to see Goblins and Dire Wolves. Werebears too and Werecrocodiles.

I know you said Ritter 1 little thing, and a lot of these things are added for PC users by way of mods (backpacks, etc.) but still, would be nice to have some Brothels for some quick-paid-for-lovin'

Saozig

Hippy
Being able to sit anywhere, like on the ground, or by the riverside.

Being able to set of a little camp in the wilds. I'd be Ok if there was limits to where you could camp, like if you tried to sit up camp to close to Riverwood, the guards come chase you off: "No camping! No lollygaggni' either!"

Option to have not have the landmark synbols show up on your compass, just cardian directions.

NPC's inventories could respawn after you pickpocket them. Cos I'm greedy like that.

As I said the marriage thread: divorce. Also more marriage candidate options.

Kind of like scarey said--festivals. Holidays. Things that mark the Tamriel calender. They went to this trouble of making a calender and TES lore has holidays. Why doesn't anyone in Skyrim appear to observe them? (this might be a bitproblmatic programming-wise but it would enrich the game expreince, I think. Certainly break up the montony in the cities.)

I'm all for brothels, just as long as it's a service for everyone. fl*ff androcentrism and heteronormativity. It's the 21st century. We all should be getting pretty tired of games catering to the most neurotically insecure straight (or perhaps not) dudes who can't handle ideas that don't fit their tiny, tiny worldviews. That pl*ps's old.

Speaking of the 21st centruy, fl*ff all this transphobic gender binary bullarky in games like this that forces you to make and play characters that conform to narrow gender norms. If my female Bosmer wants to wear pants or soemthing othee than girly-girly clothes, she shouldn't have to resort to dirty miner's clothes. If my male Breton wants to have smoky eyeshadow and wear Alva's tavern get-up, who's going to be hurt by it?

Yet again, Spears. Not just the overgrown Riekling arrows, but I mean player wieldable 2 handed Spears with Stabbing attacks, and a block. Now that I mention it, why can't we Block/bash with Staffs? Oh yeah, because they're 1 handed, but even if you wield them with nothing in the other hand, you can't. You have to equip a shield, or at least a Torch for that capability.

But back to Spears, I know Swords are cool, and all, but I'm getting kind of sick of them eclypsing Spears in every Historical/Fantasy game there is. The spear was the common man's weapon from the Sharpened sticks of prehistoric hominids to the Pike &Musket battle tactics of the Napoleonic Era of massed battle. For the vast majority of our existence as tool users, THE weapon of humanity wasn't the Gun, nor even the Sword, but the Spear. Some other pole-arms would be nice, I love me a good steel Halberd, and that at least could use the standard Battleaxe animation. Also, a 1H Javelin to take advantage of the Archery Tree. If they could just make the Reikling's throwable instead of fired from a bow, I'd be happy. Even with the severely nerfed range, it compensates for having the other hand free for a weapon, or spell. I'd give it an instant short range throw, without using stamina, and a longer (maybe double range?) throw as a Power Attack. Simple, right?

This is the one thing I think this game is missing most. It's downright shameful, I can't imagine any humanoid race of this technological level surviving, and waging war without Spears.

Ritterkreuz

Argonian & Khajiit children. Also, options to marry both of those races.

There is one Argonian Male you can marry, I forget his name but he can be found in Windhelm at the docks.

Ritterkreuz

Actually, there's two. Scouts-Many-Marshes is the one I mentioned earlier, but I also forgot about the female Argonian Shahvee, who also works down at the Windhelm docks.

Pretty situational, but it's a little thing: I hate having to equip armor, weapons, and ring after changing back to normal form after being a werewolf. I don't have to strip naked before becoming a werewolf, so having it magically appear on my character when I change back wouldn't be any stranger than having it magically disappearing when I first transform. Haha I'd imagine carrying heavy armor in the loin cloth wouldn't be too comfortable....
I can favorite my armor and weapons to equip them quick enough, but because transforming takes off the Ring of Hircine, I can't keep the power equipped and I can't even favorite it because taking off the ring removes the power from the menu and it won't be marked as a favorite again when the ring is equipped. So every time I transform into a werewolf I have to re equip all my armor and weapons and open up the power menu to equip or favorite my Ring of Hircine power when I change back.
It's a little thing, but when you end up having to do it a few times in a short amount of play time it gets pretty old and it basically brings the flow of the game to a halt.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
1) Joining the Forsworn. (that is kinda big)
2) skooma actually being like a drug.
3) More Bretons (girls) to marry i mean only two and both can't come on a bandit raid with me.
4) easter eggs
5) parties you can go to
There are a lot of 1 things i would put in the game and i'd be happy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts