PC 1.6 light source strobe effect?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dasma

The Thane of Whiterun
Once I had gotten 1.6 whenever I get near a torch, fire pit or use fire spells I get this flashing yellow light that takes the entire screen and hurts my eyes pretty bad. I have been looking for a fix for a few hours now with no luck. Has anyone had this problem? If you know a fix please give me instructions on what to do. I have uninstalled the game twice now, removed all mods and fixed graphics settings. nothing seems to work. Also the strobe effect does not happen in 3rd person, only first. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• FlashingYellowLight.png
    FlashingYellowLight.png
    530.7 KB · Views: 15

TFX

Once I had gotten 1.6 whenever I get near a torch, fire pit or use fire spells I get this flashing yellow light that takes the entire screen and hurts my eyes pretty bad. I have been looking for a fix for a few hours now with no luck. Has anyone had this problem? If you know a fix please give me instructions on what to do. I have uninstalled the game twice now, removed all mods and fixed graphics settings. nothing seems to work. Also the strobe effect does not happen in 3rd person, only first. Thanks in advance.
I experienced the exact same problem yesterday. Have been playing Skyrim for 6 months without any problems at all, and now all the sudden this problem occurs out of nowhere. When I activate Healing or Fire spells while playing in first person (I always play in first person) this nasty yellow light starts flashing all over the screen (same as the picture uploaded by Dasma). It's impossible to play and it really hurts my eyes as well :eek: . The flashing yellow light is not there when playing in third person, but I really don't want to be forced to start playing in third person now.
Really hope that somebody knows what this is all about and especially knows how to fix it! :)

Inf1delity

Same thing here. Apperently, this happened before and only for people with an AMD graphic card. All the solutions that were given (Change to Application Settings, turn off AA, turn it on etc.) didn't work for me.
I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6600 on W7 Home Premium, anyone knows what to do?

baker255

This is so awful! Patch 1.5 came with glitchy grass with crazy patterns all over them and now 1.6 brings seizure inducing yellow strobe lights when ever I approach a flame or use a restoration spell. I know its a large complicated game but its pretty ridiculous that each of the last two patches has made the the game unplayable for an extended period of time. I just hope a solution arises soon.

TFX

Hi guys,
I think I found at solution (at least at first glance it seems to work for me). In the launch window (play/options/data files/tech support/exit) click on Options and set both antialiasing and anisotropic filtering to Off. At least in my case these were both set on '8 samples' and by setting them to Off I no longer experince above problem.
Hope it's a lasting solution, and hope it works for u guys as well!

Inf1delity

Hi guys,
I think I found at solution (at least at first glance it seems to work for me). In the launch window (play/options/data files/tech support/exit) click on Options and set both antialiasing and anisotropic filtering to Off. At least in my case these were both set on '8 samples' and by setting them to Off I no longer experince above problem.

Thanks mate! This did it, I can finally play in first person again.

WeiWuWei

Fixed the issue but now game runs a little slower than before. Anyone know if they're going to fix these stupid mistakes with a patch soon?

deitiphobe1

I've been having the same problem...for my system, disabling the AA was enough, you can probably keep AF. Tried AA on lowest setting, that did not work. I would definitely like ot see Skyrim regain compatibility with incredibly generic AA technology in the very near future.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I've just gone on Skyrim today and noticed the same problem. Turning off AA & AF, but I just can't play with graphics like that. I guess I'll wait until Bethesda fix it.

deitiphobe1

Again, you can leave AF on, which will keep your graphics...decently good. Have also heard (if your PC can take it) that increasing res may reduce/eliminate need for AA.

PuffyC

Hi guys,
YOU are a fluffin lifesaver!! (Excuse ma language) I LOVE U!!

DossSquach

Hey! If you guys dont want to lose out on AA, first disable it in the Skyrim Launcher and then re-enable it using CCC or an alternate graphic settings manager (i.e. ATI Tray Tools) by setting up an individual profile when the game is executed.

I am using AA at its very highest setting and see no yellow flicker. The only thing I do experience is a flicker when I interact with water, there is a small trail that follows that flickers when looking at the surface. I will look into that tho.

Good luck! PLEASE ask me if you have any questions!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts