PC 1.3 Hits Steam

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Khazrihl

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/07/skyrim-update-1-3-now-on-steam/

Soon my fellow console-ers... soon.

(In a nutshell, taken from link, I highlighted items relevant to my interests)

Update 1.3 for Skyrim is now available on Steam and is being submitted to Sony and Microsoft. As soon as we have more information on the update hitting PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we’ll let everyone know. Below are the release notes for the update:
Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)
  • General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
hope the game randomly crashes less -.- It makes me so paranoid, I quick-save every 3 minutes.

SaveVsBedWet

Does the fact that for the first time in my house (last night) I got a prompt to activate my bookshelf and weapon rack mean that I was auto-updated to 1.3 when I started? I have Steam start up with Windows so it is in the tray as soon as I finish booting. I would remember receiving those prompts if I had gotten them when facing those furniture items prior to last night. Were they always there?

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
That's all they fixed? Hmm, well at least those couldn't be the only major fixes. Books on bookshelves, yep that's a biggie. o_O
This is happened to me today. First glitch that was actually fustrating.

PunWisp

War Mage
Its so annoying how the game freezes so I have to restart console.. It actually happens often.

Khazrihl

How was magic resistance not stacking properly? And was that including elemental resistance?

From what I heard, resistances were not working AT ALL. Not sure though, only evidence I actually saw in game was a fire atronach that I killed with a fire trap, rather quickly, at that. It died almost instantaneously.

Edit: For clarification, actual fire trap, not a fire rune trap.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Its so annoying how the game freezes so I have to restart console.. It actually happens often.
If your on XBOX, install to harddrive. Thats what I had to do & it runs perfect now.

PunWisp

War Mage
What do you mean install to harddrive? All my saves and stuff are on it. Unless you mean literally install it on there. but how?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
You can install any game on the xbox to the HDD by pressing Y before selecting start game. It will take you to a screen that gives you details about the game and a choice to install to the HDD.

PunWisp

War Mage
Hmm, tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe because of the 360 interface update?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Yea more than likely. If you can find anywhere that gives you a choice to see details about the game then that's where you should be able to choose installing to the HDD.

Sakura

Update 1.3 for Skyrim is now available on Steam and is being submitted to Sony and Microsoft. As soon as we have more information on the update hitting PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we’ll let everyone know. Below are the release notes for the update:

yea my man tried putting his books on his bookshelf in breeze home and the books just dissapeared.

bosspatrone

Does the fact that for the first time in my house (last night) I got a prompt to activate my bookshelf and weapon rack mean that I was auto-updated to 1.3 when I started? I have Steam start up with Windows so it is in the tray as soon as I finish booting. I would remember receiving those prompts if I had gotten them when facing those furniture items prior to last night. Were they always there?

I found the bookshelf sorting feature by accident sometime very near Skyrim's launch date, so it seems it was an initial release feature. I haven't used it since I immediately filled all bookshelves in my Breezehome, but I believe the prompt only displayed when you put your cursor on the lip of the shelf that you wanted to populate, which is quite narrow and easy to miss.

Emmmmz

Better than Sliced bread!

So has anyone actually noticed a difference since the patch? I checked yesterday and still my bookshelves are being all kinds of gay!! Haven't checked magic resistances yet, Has anyones bookshelves been fixed?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts