Open ωɪɴᴅᴘᴇᴀᴋ ɪɴɴ, ᴍᴏʀᴛʜᴀʟ

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Deloix

is semi-active
    [I hope this is still open, and you don't mind me popping in!]

A thin layer of frost and spruce crunched under Eponis' boots, getting louder as her legs grew more weary. Draining into her own willpower to walk alone would have been fine, though as she entered the lake town she caught a sudden stench of blood! Looking down to her feet to see the few 'missed spots' she only wanted to get into the nearest inn faster. Fortunately, Gods above showed her that mercy as she made her way into the warmth, closing the down behind her and putting her hair back to one side.

She looked around, scanning the room of individuals; she wasn't on any particular business, just passing through up to Dawnstar for trade goods. Two stood out, as nether seemed as if to be typical patrons of this place, truly not her greatest insight as she pondered who would even live here?

She toddled her way over to the bar, and with wearing breath asked "Do you have warm mead?" as she haphazardly got out her coin-purse with cold fingers.

[For my own reference - Thoughts, Eponis, others]

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    while John wait for Kishan to come back he saw a nord woman come in, sit down at the bar and order two mugs of mead *by Talos, now that's a Nord woman* he thought as the woman drank one mug before picking up the other and walking into a room, a moment later and Kishan walked out of his room "Alright, I'm ready as I'll ever be," he said as he walked up to John "right Let's get moving then" he said opening the door before walking out "lead on my good man" I said gesturing that Kishan should lead as john just got here

gracethegamergirl

Over hearing the mans conversation, Natalia took another swig of her mead, set it down on the table and left her room, heading out of the Inn towards the two men, looking very small compared to them. "As you both can see, I am quite drunk. Too drunk to do what I came her to do just yet. So where are we going and what are we killing?" She said boldly.

Character Card: http://skyrimforum.com/sf/index.php?posts/858492

Enthuz22

[The recent inactivity was mostly due to some members heeding the call of real life, in which we all must answer. Please, if any of you need to take a break from the thread for whatever reason, don't worry about it - just let us know on the thread first, please. Reasons are not terribly important, although they do help some of us ease our minds. In any case, we are going to continue the thread without sosvodir, and hopefully s/he can jump back into this thread in a few weeks without too much of a problem. Let us continue to rp!]
    [Welcome back, TheCaptain!]
    [Hello, Deloix! This thread is open now and it will remain being open unless it gets to a point where we will have to make this private. Welcome! Also, I like your characters name. I just checked out Eponis's bio and I must say that I'm truly impressed! I'm one to create many new characters at various points in my life, and since the events of my life have been nosediving currently, I've been sprouting many new characters. I see that you have a format similar to my own, especially seeing the alignment, no doubt discovered by the D&D Character Quiz. Am I right on this? In any case, welcome again! Back to the rp for real, now.]
    [Also, I'm sorry about the quality of my writing. I'm not doing very well medically, having postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. It's kicking my butt :p It will be better in a while, no doubt when I create a new character. Again. :p Baaackkk to the rp! lol]
    [ALSO - gracethegamergirl, no need to keep posting your character card :)]

The door opened once more, right in front of Kishan; he stepped to the left side of the door that he had been facing. The woman that walked through it had an expression on her face that proclaimed her general dislike of, no doubt, since it was the only thing outside (he hoped the guards had done something about the corpses, and judging from her expression he was now unsure) - the weather. The first thing he noticed were the shape of her green-hazel eyes - sleek and almost feline.
    He kept to the side, out of her way as the door closed behind this woman as she scanned the room. He flicked his eyes away from her, towards Jonna instead. The strange woman stalked up to the bar and asked Jonna if they had ... warm .... mead - a coin purse in hand. Jonna hardly seemed fazed, although her eyes flickered around the room, and Kishan was sure that she was wondering where all these people had sprouted from. He heard the barmaid affirm the woman's request, bending to grab one of the bottles from the bartable. She popped back up and set a mead on the table - as warm as it could get here.
    John grabbed Kishan's full attention. He nodded and without pause opened the door, his bow shifting on his back as his shoulder moved to do so, pushing past the door and into the dreary weather of Morthal. It seemed to be drizzling as of now.
    Just as he turned, keeping a hand on the door, politely, for John, the Nordic woman approached them. He noticed with dwindling amusement that she was quite shorter than himself. "As you both can see," she began speaking to them in a bold tone, "I am quite drunk." His lips twitched, although his eyes betrayed his growing impatience. "Too drunk to do what I came here to do just yet. So where are we going and what are we killing?"
    Kishan sighed through his nose, a long, warm current of air that made the air in front of him sparkle with fog. "We're going to the murkwoods, and we're killing something that no doubt a drunken kinswoman can aid us in," he replied. His tone was smooth and taunt. "Ma'am, please. Go back inside. Hunting is more a silent, boring art than anything else, and you need to have sure feet." He turned his head, eyes flicking at the piece of road where the vampires had been cut down. To his pleasure, he saw that the area had been mostly swept clean of both bodies and corpses, although there were still a few spots of blood on the stone - nothing to worry about.

gracethegamergirl

Natalia rolled her eyes, seeing the man was annoyed. She crossed her arms over her chest and kept her gaze locked on the mans face. "I`ll have you know, hunting is something I specialize in. But if youd rather turn away an expert than take advantage of them offering you help, you are obviously an idiot." She retorted.

Deloix

is semi-active
    [Thank you! I also wish you best in getting well, though I wouldn't have guessed it from your posts as they are fine and you needn't worry :) As for the test I'm glad you posted mostly as it was fun to do; others aren't so in-depth, either]
    A third shadow caught her eye as she turned away briefly from the barmaid, but all she could deduce was that she didn't want to get on any of these people's bad sides, all of them had bows for a start.
    Without anything to input, Eponis' ears simply twitched at the conversation that passed around the room. She gave her thanks to Jonna in the form of a brief nod, as she picked up her drink and made her way over to one of the benches at the side.
    Eponis' philosophy stands that "If it's within ear-shot, it's not ear-wigging" as she entertained a quiet chuckle at the Nord ladies protest. Pulling a book titled Mace Etiquette from her satchel she began to read, leaving her ears pricked as she became eager to know more of who she's dealing with if she choices to wait in Mortal for a while longer.
    [New characters are always fun! Don't beat-up on your own fun :')]

Enthuz22

[Ah, new characters certainly are a thrill. I think I will. I'm doing alright as of this minute. As to the post, I'm glad that I posted - I'm just waiting for a burst of sudden text to flow from my fingers. Writer's wit, that is. :D]

"You're terribly determined, aren't you?" he pointed out, his neutrality surfacing. Definitely regular prey. "Perhaps we can have a sober hunting contest in the future." He glanced at John and then looked back at this woman. "Alright, alright." She wouldn't tear her gaze from him, although it hardly bothered him. He had a more stubborn wit before the Dawnstar tragedy. He tried to deceipher how drunken she was.

TheCaptain

John holds up his hands sighing "and I'm keeping well out of this, last time I said no to a drunk woman I got punched in the face, then I felt the wrath of an angry and drunk woman and said woman is a comrade of mine, well I guess when you have drunk companions as friends these things happen" he said smiling as he look back on old memories "I can still feel it damn that Aela she's got one hell of a punch" he said laughing as he rubbed his cheek "but anyway we going or what?" He said to the both of us

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    [Well, Enthu. I posted my cards a little while ago, and I thought I'd best get on in this before I forget again. :oops: Hopefully I won't step on anyone's toes! Here goes!]

As the patrons were enjoying their mead and their company, two newcomers made their way to the Jarl's hall. They were silent, their eyes ahead, focused intently on the task at hand. The guards nodded their greeting to the monk and his cleric follower, and they bowed quietly, and made their way into the chamber.

As their eyes adjusted to the fire lit chamber, the Khajiit monk made his way to the Jarl's throne. His follower followed close behind, her eyes not leaving the broad back of the monk before her. When they reached the throne, the steward stepped forward. "Do you have business with the Jarl, today?"

The Khajiit shook his head and held out a decree. "We are here to return something to you." With his other hand, he pulled forth a stone amulet, and placed it in the hand of the steward, along with the decree. He smiled wide, and thanks rushed from him.

"Thank you sir! And you as well, madame. I must take this to my mother at once. Please take this gold for your trouble!" The monk shook his head and smiled. "No need. The destruction of that vampire den we sprung that out of was payment enough."

The steward was disappointed. "Well, may I at least know you're names? I want to thank you properly." The monk nodded and waved for the cleric to step forward.

"You may call me Do'Vassal, and the shy Nord here is Maere Soul-Singer." The Steward then made a face that showed he had come up with an idea. He dug in his pockets and pulled out a token and handed it to the Khajiit. "Give this to the woman at the inn. It should be enough for a room for the both of you." Do'Vassal was about to protest, but the man shook his head. "I insist. Please." Do'Vassal sighed and nodded with a smile. "Thank you sir. You are too kind."

The steward took off happily, and Do'Vassal turned to Maere. "Looks like we have a room for the night." She smiled to him. "Great! I haven't slept on a bed in ages." Do'Vassal chuckled and started for the door. "I know what you mean. These old legs could use a rest."

They walked out of the hall and headed straight for the Inn. They entered, hearing the tell-tale sound of merriment and the smell of mead. The pair headed straight for the counter and presented the token, and the barmaid pointed to a room on the left.

They entered the room and took a seat, one on a chair and one on the bed, and both made a sigh of relief.

[Cards for reference: Maere Character Profiles Do'Vassal Character Profiles]

gracethegamergirl

"Lets go then." She said. "Things to see, people to kill." She pulled a flask out of her bag, taking a swig of it and looked at the men expectantly. "Move it or lose it. You can fill me in on what we`re doing along the way." She shoved the dark haired man out on to the road. "Lead the way."

Enthuz22

[Welcome, CaptObvious. It's splendid to have another member roleplaying on this thread - I've especially been eagerly and curiously awaiting your arrival. Your first post is a great introduction. You seem to have seamlessly woven your way here. As there is a lot of character movement going on at the moment, please forgive me if Kishan seems a bit one-minded. He doesn't have problems with large amounts of people, but he tends to have an aversion to being around too many strangers. As do I.]

Kishan did not much heed John's words. "Let's go then," the drunk Nord woman demanded. "Things to see, people to kill." She pulled a flask out of her bag and look a large swig of it. She met their eyes in an expectant manner, which Kishan took for arrogance. Just like Ishbil, he thought. That old bastard.
    "Move it or lose it," the woman concluded. "You can fill me in on what we're doing along the way."
    She moved towards Kishan in an abrupt manner, his arm raised almost playfully or jokingly and eyes cool grey pools as she shoved him onto the road. The movement gave him cause to sweep his eyes across the road. It was then that he noticed the door closing behind a figure unexpectantly tall; a tail swept behind him, outlined by the fire in the tavern. The door closed.
    "Lead the way." Kishan struggled to remain neutral and polite to this irritating woman. It reminded him to the days when he had yet to be educated in the bow and blade. Made him want to reply likewise.
    Instead: "Not people," he corrected her, shooting her a glance and turning towards the murkwoods, starting towards the tall, lanky figures of trees that were like giants of the shadows at this time of night. "Don't mistake this for bounty hunting. In any case, most of the closest bandit hives have already been cleared."
    He glanced back at her and John and slid his hood over his head, to prevent the ruffling of his hair or glint of his eyes in the starlight from startling anything. Or anyone.
    The question Kishan was asking himself repeated again: are there more? And where are they?
    He thought of his home - his camp home in the dense trees - and found himself rather over-pleased that he had set it up at such a height. The only thing that could bring it down was a storm or another ranger daring the heights as he did.
    As he looked back briefly at these two temporary hunting allies, Kishan remembered what John had said about strangers in such matters becoming friends. He shook off the thought. Allies, not friends. Just as Ishbil had been his teacher, not his mentor.
    "Can you two climb?" he asked now, and it may have seemed like his eyes had flashed like an eager moonlit spring at the mention.

Deloix

is semi-active
    Part-way through her readings, two more figures graced the doorway, leaving a breeze as it opened. Trying to get a look as subtly as possible as they made their way to the bar. Again, the adventurous types (in this case, Eponis felt they resembled mages) that seemed to be passing through the inn right now were all a lot more equip than her; she couldn't make herself known, certainly not yet at least.

Still, what could be known is that if the people around here feel the need to gear to the Nine, that perhaps it's best to actually wait for a while. While it suggests the town had work for these types, it brings up the thought that they may be here to clear danger up to the eastern roads.

Suspecting she was going down the road of paranoia, she quickly shook her head clean - she could ask around town in the morning, but now she had to write to her Dawnstar contact with the ink well she found at the side.

Ripping a page from the journal that she many used for notes, she began:
    Hylus, I need to know about the road between Morthal and Dawnstar. I may be stuck here a while, but I'll ask around at light. I can't keep paying couriers when you're not getting back to me. I'm relying on rumor here, can't you get the goods down west to me? -EV​

Her Cyrodillic blood didn't make this any sweeter. Packing up her place at the bench, she moved to the spit to warm up the last of her bottle as well as herself before thinking of renting any room that may be left; all the while wondering how fond the Orchish bard was of his purse.

TheCaptain

after they had walked for about a mile Kishan turned to me and the drunk woman and asked "Can you two climb?" I smiled a little as I knew the answer all to well "Aye and as good as most people who can, why we doing some climbing?" I answered and then asked back a little curious as John pulled his cowl back on too so nothing would fly in his face or his mouth he hated it when that happened almost always pissed him off

Enthuz22

[Sorry I've been generally inactive, and I'm sorry also that I haven't told you guys. I've been very sick with a lousy cold for a couple of days now and it will no doubt persist. That's not much of an excuse to not write. In any case, here I am, and here is my post.]
    [TheCaptain, just saying, but one person can't do everything. Kishan, for example, has lived a little more than a year in the forest, having previously been taught the skills to do so. Therefore, he is much exercised and experienced in scaling the rotting, proud trees of the murkwood; his hunting camp is at an area where the trees begin to thicken further and there is more land than swamp - where a tree had partially fallen high above the ground, the end of it settling into a crease of branches of another tree. That is where his camp is. I know that John has his own history and skills, and I'm not saying that he can't climb. What I am saying, however, is that Kishan may be more idealistic for climbing than someone in such an armor and who was in the Companions. Correct me if I am wrong, please.]

Kishan's eyes flickered to the woman who name she had yet to admit to them. "Aye, and better than most people who can. Why, we doing some climbing?" John replied, looking at him, curiosity tainting his voice.
    "That we are." Kishan turned his gaze to John with an expression of slight amusement before he turned forward once more. "I've made camp in the heights," he explained as they delved into the beginning of the murkwoods.

Chef Umaril

(I would much like to join as well, here is my character sheet http://skyrimforum.com/sf/entries/character-sheet-alum-zei.4751/
    And I'm posting from a mobile phone, so I don't have the option to use bb code. I apologize if this is an inconvenience.)

Alum-Zei had been traveling by foot for two days, leaving Falkreath after a vampire attack had killed off most of the hunters he regularly visited. He came across some bloodstains and magic burns when he made it to Morthal. "It would seem even the swamps of Hjaalmarch aren't safe from the undead," he muttered to himself, "I think it's time to figure out what exactly is causing the undead to rise in such large numbers." Alum-Zei made his way into the tavern, passing a group of other adventurers; a rogue whose face he didn't quite see, a nord woman, and a boastful warrior. He entered the tavern and approached Jonna and ordered a flagon of Argonian Bloodwine. "What rumors have you heard lately, ma'am?" Alum-Zei inquired, hoping to receive any information on the vampire attacks.

Deloix

is semi-active
    [I felt it best you filled in Jonna's response, sorry if I'm a little shy at controllig npcs!]​

The Orc slipped her mind as a new face walked in, though she couldn't make any details quick enough. Leather armor? She pondered, wondering if they were another wanderer!
    "What rumors have you heard lately, ma'am?" sounded like the start of the conversation she needed right now. Either way, she'd need to make her way up to the counter again, rumor or no.

Eponis made her way over to the bar and took a stool, nudging her empty bottle over with nothing over a little nod for thanks. Glimpsing at the Argonian, she couldn't work out too much about them; just hoping that their place here in the Moorside Inn could be useful to her.
    "New to Morthal?" Eponis inquired.

[Her dialog didn't quite fathom worth for whole post, so I'm placing it pre-response if you don't mind c':]

Chef Umaril

Alum-Zei glanced over his shoulder at the Imperial woman when asked if he was new to the village. "Why yes, I just arrived a moment ago," he answered, his voice had the characteristic rasp of his race, "I noticed there was a battle outside. I normally spend my time in the forests of Falkreath, but they proved too treacherous as of late." He took a gulp of the Bloodwine, then added, "it would seem even Morthal isn't much better, but there is strength in numbers; as they say. I will lend a hand if you need it, and my name is Alum-Zei, yourself?" He offered a hand, introducing himself by name.

Enthuz22

[You are most welcome here, Chef Umaril! I would like to point out that the "rogue", "boastful warrior" and another woman are outside of the inn at this moment in time. Also, do not forget CaptObviously's characters. I very highly reccomend reading the posts before replying. On the contrary, you have not caused any inconvenience, especially with the URL and the fact of where you posted from. Mobile devices can be a drag, but they're useful, especially for checking up on threads, although replying is another matter entirely. I note with amusement that many others seem to be sharing in my profile format, as well! Isn't it amazing?! Not to sound anything except for happy to see a good form. I'd like to comment that Alum-Zei's history is very lore-friendly, especially to the Forums.]

[I have nothing to post as of now, sorry.]

Chef Umaril

(I had read the posts before, and noted that he had passed them, but reading over the post, I may have made it unclear that he was outside when he saw them. Unless you mean outside the village... As for CaptObvious' characters, I forgot about them. I've been a bit stressed with life events that don't keep me away from forums, but do make me a sight less observant or more forgetful. I will still be able to post, but remind me if I happen to miss anything in the future.

I appreciate the compliment on my character, I did spend a few days working on him, and did as best I could to stick with the lore. I enjoyed Oblivion a lot, and tried Daggerfall, but failed to understand the DOS emulator... Aside from all that, I appreciate your welcoming me to the thread, and I look forward to the group's future endeavors)

Deloix

is semi-active
    [I'd assumed from Cap's post that their characters fell asleep; reading it again I think I messed up a we' bit >n<]
    She took the hand; "I'm more interested in the dangers up to Dawnstar" came with reluctance as she didn't want to accept being stranded here just yet. Still, she noted the Argonian's good point about "strength in numbers" an' all.

"Eponis" giving with a shake. This Alum-Zei may know even less than her about this place, but she couldn't be picky; someone who knew there forest terrain would be handy.

"A bunch of travelers right now" she began, "It only raises eyebrows; there's even mage types back there" fainting her words to whisper as she gave a slip of her neck as a means of pointing to one of the rooms.

[This was the best work-around I could come up with, though I'm sorry it's not much]

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts