OOC λsнεs τσ λsнεs ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    This is the OOC version of the “λsнεs τσ λsнεs” roleplay thread. Here, we will discuss:

Plot ideas, development, and details.
    Introducing new characters, or reintroducing old ones.
    Really anything else that can be included within an OOC thread.

I would prefer for this thread to remain focused only on the λsнεs τσ λsнεs” roleplay thread. Casual discussion can be achieved through PM group discussions.

This first post acts as a reference for current going-ons in the roleplay as far as OOC planning and preparation goes. When the time calls for it, I will edit this first post with a new Status. The newest status update will always be at the top on the list of statuses. The list of statuses are below. There is/are currently 1 status update.

FEB 02 2015

No current plot is in process. One character is present:

⁌balomew⁍ Lesli Wallace

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
    Out of curiosity I read the RP you made and I gotta say it was pretty interesting. However I'm not quite sure where you're planning to go with it. Instead of a RP it sounds more like a fanfic. Is that what you're going for?

Gregor Moon Fang Not really. I'm not looking to build a large, popular roleplay thread, either. I simply want at least one member to join Lesli on her first true adventure in Skyrim. This is the first time in about two years - more or less - that I've roleplayed. I know that Lesli's background is not fantastic, and just this morning I was thinking of rebuilding her background from scratch. From there, I would destroy the roleplay thread and this one and ... well ... built another pair of hopefully better threads from the ashes. It's really taken me this long to realize the irony of that!

Sorry. Anyways, no, I wasn't planning on making a fanfiction out of this. Adventures in life are random and spring from often dire situations. I intent, whether with this thread or another, to start such an adventure. Whether it's epic with many difficult battles and plot twists or not so grande, it is an adventure nonetheless that I want. I'm not giving the thread until the end of February anymore. I was going to re-write the background today and, unfortunately or, perhaps fortunately, that would mean tearing down this thread and the roleplay one. If you're interested in joining the existing thread for whatever reason, let me know. I might change it into a fanfic in the future, that it's not on my mind right now. Anyways, I've written this response for far too long ... either it starts soon or is burned and rebuilt.

I'm going to re-write the background section of Lesli's character card. Within a few hours, the “λsнεs τσ λsнεs” threads will be rendered inactive. The new threads will look like these ones; the only different thing will be the IC section on the first post of the new roleplay thread. I will link to it before deleting these existing threads.

Lesli's character bio has been altered and can still be viewed by clicking on the link in my signature. The history section has changed to:

⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓

A minor house in High Rock (Wayrest), the Jealhard family deals with foreign trade. High Rock tradition demands that all houses remain politically active. A proud native Breton, Mhairi's father worked her and her family hard to ensure that this remains so. For nineteen years, she was pushed to uphold the standards of her well-to-do father. He was a stern man, kind at times. She could not look at him and call him father as would a pampered Imperial child. High Rock looks down upon weakness in the family. The houses have no time for smiles and sweetcakes. He talked down to his children and often yelled, but he never physically harmed Mhairi or her younger brother. Her father fought battles with words, not violence.

Her brother did not always see eye-to-eye with his father's means of action, but he always approved of the reasons for action. His patience underranked his father's, but they shared in Breton pride and ambition. Her brother acted much like their father, but he was not a bad man. Like the Altmeri racial pride, her father and brother believed that manmeri were the best of the races, destined to fight for dominance. The Aldmeri Dominion were violent in their mission; this is why they will fail, and the more subtle approaches of the Bretons will succeed. Her father was quieter about his beliefs, less bold about them than her brother was. Mhairi did not follow their beliefs. The races were created to be separate and peaceful, not cooped into an Empire. She dislikes practically everything about the Imperials, from their customs to the Empire itself. Nonetheless, where her father and brother believed that war leads to prosperity for High Rock, she believed that peace benefits all races.

Their mother worked on trade ships at the main harbor to deliver and retrieve foreign shipments. She spent most of her time at home. Mhairi treasured the time that her mother was home; it was a breath of fresh air, up until her father coops her in their bedroom. She could hear them whispering beyond the door.

Like most native Bretons, Lesli was schooled privately. At a young age, she showed interest in magical theory. Where her brother treasured competition, Mhairi preferred progressing at her own rate without a win-lose chance. She was not particularly popular amongst the lesser houses, nor was she disliked.

When she was nineteen (19) years old, Mhairi was separated from her family and removed from High Rock. It was no secret that she was interested in the magical structure of Nirn and, in this case, the magical functions of the afterlife. Her father had gone to a council meeting and left her and her brother at the family home. Her mother was bound to be home in a few hours, and her brother had locked himself into his bedroom. Unable to stay within the house and tempted by the clear outside weather, she left the house and headed towards the town square.

She wandered around the neighborhood marketplace, browsing wares. Several hours later, she began to return home, hoping that her mother might be there when she returns. Upon returning home, she found her mother speaking to three guards at the front door. Mhairi does not like speaking of this. She was framed for the murder of a male Nord. His name was Haldir, and he had been here long enough to be considered part of Wayrest culture. His corpse had been found on a street corner that she had passed on the way home but did not pass through. Somebody had to take the blame. Her father was furious, and for once Mhairi truly feared for her safety at his hands. Her brother was silent; her mother could not keep silent. Two days later, Mhairi was moved from a temporary cell in Wayrest to a boat to Anvil, Cyrodiil. Most criminals were kept at the prison, but it was currently going under reconstruction. To provide herself the hope of starting life anew away from her family and High Rock, she changed her name to something more Imperial - to Lesli Wallace.

Lesli hated Cyrodiil, although the land itself held a certain charm. She avoided large Imperial settlements and settled in at a small northwestern town. She received her facial scar when travelling from Anvil to Chorrol; the mage that wielded the knife, desperate as she was and garbed in a black robe, fell to a gut wound. Like many things, Lesli did not question the reason for the attack. Why bother? Chorrol became what Wayrest could not be for her. She found work as a tavern wench and had an interest in becoming a bard. She trained from time to time at the local Fighter's Guild, as bards need to be able to handle themselves legitimately in combat. She had been trained in High Rock; techniques in Cyrodiil with a blade and small blunt weapons were vastly different than they were in High Rock. She adapted to the Cyrodiilic fighting style, although she was never truly comfortable.

She spent much time at the local Mage's Guild, spending most of three years covering her homesickness with work on understanding magical theory. As much a home as Chorrol had been for her, she was still unhappy in Cyrodiil. She sold the house, gathered her notes, and attempted to legally cross the border to the province Chorrol was closest to: Hammerfell. She was caught by Imperial authorities. There were apparently some lasting conflicts between Redguard rebels and Imperial soldiers defending the White-Gold Concordat; despite the Hammerfell treaty, some were still unhappy.

Lesli then attempted to cross the border to Skyrim. Oddly enough, there were no Imperial patrols here. She had not heard of the new civil war in Skyrim. Mhairi did not have the misfortune of being ambushed with Stormcloak rebels. Technically, she was an illegal foreigner, but she did not see things this way. She was now in Skyrim, and interested to see what it can offer her.

It seemed to be either too cold or too hot. The smaller towns held nothing of interest to her, and the majority of large settlements were just not befitting. Word of dragons began to circulate; she pushed it off as stupid Nordic superstition. Recently, Lesli was informed that Solitude was a more Imperial settlement in Skyrim, where the sun shines warmly, most of the time. It was expensive, though. Figuring that expensive was better than cold or covered in mosquitos, she is currently preparing for a trek to Solitude.

⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑ ⇑

View the new roleplay thread here: Tʜᴇ Rᴏᴀᴅ Bᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᶳᵉᵐᶤᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ

View the new ooc thread here: Tʜᴇ Rᴏᴀᴅ Bᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᶳᵉᵐᶤᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts