Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!Dismiss Notice
Azrael Volaire Jul 25, 2017Azrael: The Malicious Inquisitor
- Name: Azrael Volaire
- Alias: The Inquisitor, Lord Ambassador
- Race: Altmer/High Elf [100%]
- Gender: Male
- Age: 221 (Around late 20s / Early 30s in human years)
- Birthdate: 13th of Frostfall, 3E 413
- Birthsign: The Serpent
- Birthplace: Dusk, Summerset Isles
- Class/Occupation: Thalmor 1st Emissary/Ambassador to High Rock
- Affiliations: Aldmeri Dominion, Inquisitor of The New Order (elite, secretive sect within the Thalmor)
- Religion/Patron Deity: Claims to worship Auri-El
- Laterality: Right-Handed
- Sexuality: Heterosexual
- Relationship Status: Single (Widower)
- Family: Azrael's parents are blood-related siblings, and were both high ranking Aldmeri Dominion officials. Both were eventually imprisoned by Azrael after he had surpassed them in rank. Azrael's wife Naminyl was a cleric who lost her life in a skirmish during the Great War.
- Height: 6'4"
- Eyes: Golden
- Skin: Greenish-Yellow
- Hair: Platinum Blonde (almost white), Hair flows to his shoulders
- Build: Lean, a bit more muscle than the average Altmer but not by much
- Scars: Minor scrapes from a few skirmishes during his time as a Justiciar. After taking office, he has had little to no scars obtained since.
- Tattoos/Piercings: n/a
- Armor: In battle, Azrael dons his Inquisitor's Armor, a dark, elven-plated chest piece adorned with gold accents. It is worn over the standard Thalmor Justiciar robes. He typically wears a black long coat over this with armored shoulder/armguards. The coat has golden, elvish designs etched throughout. Pants and boots are the same as the standard Thalmor set.
- Casual Clothing: Azrael removes the armor and long coat, thus only leaving the standard Thalmor robes. In bad weather conditions he will occasionally put his hood up (like the High Elf loading screen).
- Formal Clothing: For meetings with other politicians and social gatherings, Azrael will default to an ornate, Summerset Isles-inspired robe. It is black on the outside and yellow within, with gold trimmings on the ends. It is accompanied with a yellow sash and fine leather boots.
- Weapons: Although Azrael will more often resort to magic as opposed to melee-based offense when confronted, he has been known to be a fairly skilled duelist. If the need arises, he wields a ceremonial Altmer blade into combat. Forged with elven steel, the pristine blade has an almost round-ish tip, meant for slicing as opposed to stabbing. The hilt is decorated with two golden lion heads and the Aldmeri Dominion emblem on the centerpiece. Since he is not traditionally a warrior, his swings are not very impactful, as such, he typically uses telekinesis to manipulate his sword in the heat of battle instead of swinging it himself.
- Accessories: At all times Azrael sports his signature pendant, the Purest Blood Amulet. It is a necklace made of ebony with a reddish glow within, and is intended to resemble a drop of blood. It is an artifact obtained by Azrael while he served only as a Justiciar, before he rose up the ranks. It belonged to a young, adolescent vampire girl in Valenwood, whom he killed along with her non-infected family who were trying to seek out a cure for her. The infamous incident became known as "Bloody Sundas". Though the amulet helped the girl stave off her bloodlust, it gives Azrael manipulative access to his blood and the blood of others, also known as the dark, forgotten art of hemomancy.
- Magic: Very few rival Azrael in terms of raw magical skill. His most powerful art is one he uses in secret. Hemomancy, or blood magic, is used by Azrael on only the strongest of foes. He manipulates the opponent's blood and even his own with terrifying ease to kill or seriously maim. The magics Azrael DOES use in public include Destruction (Shock-based spells), Alteration (Flesh spells, Paralysis, Telekinesis), and Illusion (Compliance and Rage-inducing spells). The two schools he isn't as talented with are Conjuration and Restoration.
- Skills: Despite being an incredibly talented mage, Azrael shines brightest behind the scenes. Countless royal families and established governments within the Empire have lost power and even fallen thanks to Azrael's meddling in their politics. The charismatic Altmer sometimes gets favored over Elenwen to consult with negotiations and treaties due to his charm and ability to coerce. He is incredibly indirect when dealing with pressing matters the require a physical presence, and will typically rely on underlings and lower ranked members of his New Order to represent him or deal with a troublesome individual. His ability to shift the blame and cover his tracks has allowed him to go undetected in his political conquest.
- Fighting Style: As stated, Azrael will most likely have others fight his battles for him, but on the rare occasion he takes up arms himself, he makes his opponent regret dragging him into the fight. Magic is his go to, and he will likely approach combat by shooting a volley of lightning or using Illusion spells to mentally throw off his enemy. If he feels the need, he can also use his blade in more personal combat, which he can manipulate using his telekinesis. Only the strongest of foes have seen him use his hemomancy abilities, none of which are alive to tell the tale.
- Weaknesses: Though he wields a blade, a half-decent swordsman could easily overpower him if he's not using magic. Since he is not a warrior, Azrael has VERY little stamina, and can get winded the longer a fight goes on. It is at this point he must begin using his hemomancy, which although makes him significantly stronger, it also makes him a glass cannon. One major interruption of a blood mage spell can yield disastrous results for the magic user. Without his amulet, Azrael cannot even access his blood abilities.
- Personality: Azrael is a snake-tongued Altmer, able to coerce and manipulate others into giving into his best interests. He is cold and calculating, and rarely ever makes mistakes. He has become a master at 'the Game" and is considered by most to be the best diplomat in the Aldmeri Dominion (he is quite literally Elenwen's counterpart). As such, he is VERY sociable, more so than the average Altmer. He is also more flamboyant, as he mixes up his choice of attire depending on the situation, where as the other members of the Thalmor strictly wear the robes for both work and leisure. Because of his psychopathic tendencies, he makes little to no friends, as he simply views others as a means to an end, including all of the members and agents in his New Order. What he truly lives for these days is the lust for power, and very little else.
- Morality: Lawful Evil
- Positive Traits: Charismatic, Persuasive, Photographic Memory, Highly Intelligent
- Negative Traits: Manipulative, Under-Handed, Narcissistic, Power Hungry, God Complex
- Likes: High Elves, Summerset Isles (Alinor), Politics, Verbal Jousting, Intelligent People, Order, Red Wine
- Dislikes: Nords (and to a lesser extent the other human races), Death, Illness/Weakness, Dimwitted/Uncivilized People, Ale and Mead
- Afflictions/Fears: Dying before he carries out what he believes to be his "destiny", Falling out of political relevance
- Habits: Tapping his index finger on a flat surface when he isn't amused, Sliding himself into conversations/discussions that do not even involve him, Not directly looking at someone whilst talking to them if he lacks respect for said person.
- Voice: Albert Wesker - Resident Evil
- Goals: Azrael truthfully believes mankind isn't fit to govern itself. At the same time, he longs to be in a seat of major power. So he aims to crumble the Empire from within by either using diplomacy (done by himself) or forcefully removing key leaders/individuals (done by his 'New Order' faction, at Azrael's behest)
- Childhood: Azrael was born in the latter years of the 3rd Era, in Dusk of the Summerset Isles. His conception was the result of Azroth and Aelith Volaire, two high ranking Aldmeri Dominion officials, mating for the purpose of giving birth to a powerful purebred Altmer who could become a major asset to the Dominion in the future. He is an only child, as the parents tried twice to conceive to no avail, until Azrael himself was born. His family's status provided him with a lavish, luxury childhood.
- Teenager: Azrael would grow up surrounded by his network of wealthy contacts and family servants, and would grow accustomed to the pomp and circumstance. He was home schooled in history and in magic studies to hone his knowledge and abilities. He would also pick up swordplay from the guards that served his family. His parents were very detached from him, as he had a plethora of teachers and servants to help "raise" him. By the time he had finished his schooling, Azrael was already quite cold due to neglect, but still determined to make his family proud.
- Early Adulthood: After coming of age, Azrael enlists with the Dominion as an offensive magic user. He participates in skirmishes and small campaigns for the Dominion in Valenwood and Elsweyr. It is in Valenwood where he is ambushed and separated from his unit. He is nursed to health by a young High Elf-Wood Elf hybrid girl named Naminyl. She is a travelling cleric, and came across the dying Azrael in the forest. The two become close, and eventually marry not long after. Azrael contemplates running away with her and leaving the Dominion behind. This plan is brought to a halt when she is killed in Cyrodiil while tending to the wounded by Imperial officers, having mistaken her for a Dominion soldier. Azrael is determined more than ever to extract his personal vengeance, lashing out at the Empire and being a major asset to the Dominion during the Great War.
- Present Day: Following the Great War, Azrael is promoted due to his contributions on the battlefield. Instead of remaining on the battlefield however, the now hardened, vindictive Azrael climbs his way up the Dominion's ladder of politics. He outranks his parents eventually, and makes an example to those beneath him by imprisoning the two indefinitely. His political maneuvering and wit earn him the title of ambassador, and he leaves for High Rock to serve as its 1st Emissary. While in High Rock, he forms his shadow sect of the Thalmor which he calls the "New Order", and serves as its Inquisitor. Like a spider, Azrael entangles the Thalmor's web of contacts and agents throughout High Rock's kingdoms.
Inspired Music: "Shadowlord" Composed by Keiichi Okabe
You need to be logged in to comment