Today The Elder Scrolls Online Game Director Matt Firor posted a new “Road Ahead” update blog letting us know what to expect with The Elder Scrolls Online’s fifth update and asking players to test and provide feedback on the update.
Firor said the fifth update to the game is now being tested on its Public Testing Server and features these changes:
- A new Veteran Dungeon: City of Ash continues the dungeon’s story and introduces dangerous new challenges for your group.
- The new facial animation system makes NPCs far more lifelike during conversations.
- Repeatable Pledges: The Undaunted now reward players once a day for specific dungeon runs with special loot and trophies.
- Repeatable Writs: You’ll be able to obtain certification in your crafting skills and then complete Writs for inspiration, materials, and special Survey Reports that will lead you to high-yield harvesting nodes.
- Dungeon level scaling: Dungeons’ enemies and rewards will scale to the level of the group leader, giving you more chances to group up, experience a challenge, and get appropriate rewards.
- More player separation fixes: More quests will be streamlined so you aren’t separated from your group members as often while adventuring.
North American players can transfer copies of their characters from their server to the PTS. To get a wider range of feedback, ZeniMax Online is also working to allow players from the European Megaserver to play their characters on the PTS as well.
Firor also said: ZeniMax is sorting through feedback on the game from a recent Guild Summit, in which representatives from ESO guilds were invited to talk with the developers; that the company will reveal details about its six month loyalty program soon; that ZeniMax is working on stability and performance improvements for Cyrodiil and is also seeking to squash some exploits; and reminded players that there will be an ESO Live livestream every other Friday on ZeniMax’s Twitch channel.
Check out the full blog post here.