- TESO Takes On QuakeCon QuakeCon starts tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. Now, although you might reason that this is a con for people to sit around play Quake, and only the original Quake (it’s not called Quake 2 con after all), it’s not.
ZeniMax now owns Quake creator Id software and QuakeCon, so expecting to see Elder Scrolls stuff there is like expecting to see Big Macs at McDonald’s.
The QuakeCon The Elder Scrolls Online events will include a panel on the future of the game, and there may be some juicy announcements. You can watch the panel and some of the other events live on Twitch.tv/bethesda.
Here is ...
- Players Organize TESO Dueling Tournament
Fail to put a feature in your game? Players will try to find ways to add it on their own.
There’s no instanced one-on-one dueling system in The Elder Scrolls Online or a quick option to challenge players to a one-on-one duel, so the dueling guild Legend organized its own. tournament. A very hack and slashy time was had by all.
“So many people showed up and it was a great experience for everyone. I personally think a form of dueling should be incorporated into this game. Whether it’s just the simple option to challenge players to a duel or a full ...
- Dye Your Character To Look Like a Superhero, and Other Updates Coming To TESO
The Elder Scrolls Online is offering a lot of new changes in The Elder Scrolls Online’s third update, but perhaps the most visceral is the chance to infringe copyrights, uh, I mean, express your creativity, with new dyes.
The dyes allow you to change the color of your armor. Some of the examples Zenimax has shared so far look very cool, and very familiar. In MMO worlds where everyone can look a bit samey, these will be a welcome addition. The dies will come along with new, visually distinct armor sets as well.
Players will also likely welcome greater guild customization options. ...
- Character Creation Goes Completely Out of Control in This TESO Parody
OK, this is an ad. But it’s a hilarious ad. This sponsored content from The Onion hypothesizes a version of The Elder Scrolls Online where a player can design their character right down to the DNA.
Spend five hours designing a liver? Sure thing.
Of course, if your knowledge of human anatomy and the biomedical sciences isn’t comprehensive, well, your character will die. Or become a horrible mutant.
Is it weird that I actually want this? Or at least a more user-friendly version. I did spend hours trying to get my Oblivion character to look as much like Alyson Hannigan from Buffy ...
- Get the Most Out of TESO Alchemy With This Guide
Here’s a very good guide to alchemy in The Elder Scrolls Online by Odin Online.
The video shows you how to mix various waters and reagents for their maximum effects in potions and poisons. It also goes into other benefits of leveling the alchemy skill. It’s well edited and pleasantly laid out.
I know that messing around with plants and potions doesn’t seem that cool compared to running around and hitting things, but as in past Elder Scrolls games, in TESO it can be very useful. If you do it right you can make some serious gold and help you out in ...
- Craglorn and Other Updates Will Be Included When TESO Launches on Consoles When The Elder Scrolls Online finally makes it to consoles, you won’t have to wait around even longer for updates like the Craglorn adventure zone to be added to the console version.
According to a Q&A post on theelderscrollsonline.com, “most (if not all)” of the updates for PC and Mac released between now and console launch will be included on the console versions on day one. Console players are currently sitting out a six month delay from the game’s original June release date, so the news that there wont’ be any additional delays should be welcome.
The Q&A also addressed other questions ...
- TESO Shows Off 3v3 PVP at Conventions The Elder Scrolls Online is geared toward large-scale PVP. That’s it’s bread and butter, that’s how they sell the game, and hey these siege weapons aren’t going to fire themselves. But Zenimax has been previewing a more intimate PVP experience at recent conventions, and it’s getting a good reception.
According to Massively, at E3 Zenimax had demos set up that featured a 3v3 Elder Scrolls Online PVP mode. The map features king of the mountain style gameplay where players battle for control of one flag, and takes place in a map about the size of one fort.
The quickly paced mode was ...
- Zenimax Lets Go 300 Employees Irish media are reporting big layoffs at ZeniMax’s customer service center in Galway, Ireland.
According to the report more than 300 have been laid off at the center in the last two months. 200 of those employees were laid off after just three weeks with the company, and that includes their week of training. As one employee complained:
“In April, the company said it wanted 200 more workers. They went through a week of training, worked for two weeks and were let go. These would have been people taken in on two to six-week contracts.
“Four weeks ago, another 50 were let go, and ...
- New Elder Scrolls Online E3 Trailer
No Fallout 4 at E3, at least not yet, but here’s a nice new trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online.
The “Live Another Life” trailer doesn’t reveal any new information, but it does show off an impressive amount of scenarios, locations and combat designed to entice those who haven’t jumped on the TESO bandwagon yet.
Will it work? Did it work on you? Let us know in the comments.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Update Adds Crypt of Hearts, Better Lighting Zenimax recently released details of an update coming to The Elder Scrolls Online’s PTS (Public Testing Server) that includes some welcome improvements and additions to the game.
The shiniest thing is probably the new veteran content, Crypt of Hearts, which is described as so:
Veteran Crypt of Hearts is open! The lich Nerien’eth has returned to inflict endless agony on the spirits he trapped in the original Crypt of Hearts. Fight mysterious Daedra and ultimately the lich himself to free these souls in an entirely new content experience. Veteran Crypt of Hearts continues the story begun in the original dungeon. This Veteran ...