- TESO Loyalty Rewards Start Next Month With High Hrothgar Wraith Pet It’s fair to say that The Elder Scrolls Online has received mixed reaction from both the Elder Scrolls and MMORPG communities. People either love it, hate it, or think it’s just okay.
If you’re one of the people who liked it enough to pay to play it for three months, ZeniMax wants to say thank you, and will be rolling out loyalty rewards in September. One caveat is that the three months has to be paid game time. The free month included in your purchase and any other free time doesn’t count.
The first loyalty reward is a High Hrothgar Wraith vanity pet. ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online v1.3.3 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online’s third major content update, version 1.3.3, is now available for download. Lots of bug fixes and you can now dye your characters armor to look like Wolverine if you want.
According to ZeniMax in the patch notes:
“In this update, we’ve added armor dye stations where you can change the color of your armor with dyes you unlock through achievements. We’ve also added and improved many guild features including the addition of guild heraldry, guild traders, and improved guild management.”
“Another exciting change is the updates to our campaigns in Cyrodiil. We’ve implemented new campaign options, each with their ...
- Five Reasons to Play The Elder Scrolls Online
There’s a lot of negativity about The Elder Scrolls Online at times, so it’s nice to see this positive take from GamesBrained.
Reasons given are:
Interesting crafting and economy.
Vampires and werewolves.
Any class can use any armor or any weapon.
It doesn’t waste your time.
So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Discuss the pros and cons of the game in our forums.
- Plan Your Trip to The Elder Scrolls’ Nirn With This Interactive Map You know how sometimes you’ll find something you didn’t even know you needed in your life? That’s how I feel about this amazing map by Mlendia Horatiu.
The map tries to show all of Nirn, the world where the Elder Scrolls games take place, in Google Maps fashion. That includes areas that we haven’t visited. The map’s creator is even adding some images of the cities as sort of a street-view effect.
The Elder Scrolls fans could argue indefinitely about the map’s accuracy, and they already have been arguing, because some elements of Nirn aren’t quite so nailed down. But it’s still an ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online European Megaserver Moving, To Europe Yeah, The Elder Scrolls Online’s European megaserver has actually been in North America this whole time. Which I’m sure is something that our European friends know, as they’ve lived with the trans-continental lag and all.
But no more. On July 30th the Megaserver will be moving to a shiny new datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany.
Today Zenimax posted an update about the move, saying European players can expect significant downtime, from about 8:00AM EDT to 5:00PM EDT that day. The North American server will be unaffected.
European player characters will be unaffected by the move and there will be no patch or update to download ...
- New Zones, Armors, and Gameplay Tweaks Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online
We’ve already talked about the new crime and punishment system coming to The Elder Scrolls Online, but more was announced at last week’s Future of The Elder Scrolls Online QuakeCon panel.
Dulfy.net was there, and took obsessively complete notes. Some highlights:
The Imperial City : You can see the zone in the video embedded above. This is a big PVP zone you’ll enter through the sewers, in an homage to Oblivion. You’ll be able to clear out enemy players and nasty Daedra bosses and minibosses infesting the city. The Arena, Aboretum, Market, and Temple Districts are represented, each with their own ...
- Crime Must Pay The Penalty in Upcoming TESO Update
The Elder Scrolls Online Team showed off a new crime and punishment system coming to the game, a system that will feel pleasantly familiar to Skyrim players.
At this point in the game Tamriel is a bit of a socialist hippy commune. There are items lying around that just anyone can take, apparently community owned.
But, as shown in this video from “The Future of TESO,” panel at last week’s QuakeCon, under the criminal system being introduced those items will now be listed as stolen. And if you get caught stealing them you’ll be accosted by a guard and can pay your ...
- New Guar Plush is Cute, Sturdy Bethesda recently showed off this bit of cuteness, a guar plush based off the version of Morrowind’s favorite pack animal from The Elder Scrolls Online.
The plush guar is being made by Gaming Heads. It’ll set you back $20.
As a bonus, the guar also comes with a code for The Elder Scrolls Online that can be used to get your a digital guar pet in the game.
I guess you could also make a wild guar equivalent with some scissors, if you wanted. The white guar might take some more customization.
- The Elder Scrolls Online is Now Available on Steam Kicking off QuakeCon, this week’s celebration of all things id and also ZeniMax, is the announcement that The Elder Scrolls Online will finally be available on Steam, the popular digital games platform.
Both the standard and Imperial editions will be available through Steam. To celebrate the addition the game will be 50 percent off through July 21, 10 a.m. PT.
The game’s Steam page is here.
Expect more TESO news as QuakeCon rolls on. A panel called The Future of TESO is scheduled for 5 p.m. CDT tomorrow, and TESO developers will give some insight into where the ame is going. You can ...
- TESO Takes On QuakeCon QuakeCon starts tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. Now, although you might reason that this is a con for people to sit around play Quake, and only the original Quake (it’s not called Quake 2 con after all), it’s not.
ZeniMax now owns Quake creator Id software and QuakeCon, so expecting to see Elder Scrolls stuff there is like expecting to see Big Macs at McDonald’s.
The QuakeCon The Elder Scrolls Online events will include a panel on the future of the game, and there may be some juicy announcements. You can watch the panel and some of the other events live on Twitch.tv/bethesda.
Here is ...