- Next TESO Update Might Include Scaling Dungeons A bit more replayability for The Elder Scrolls Online’s dungeons is something fans have been asking for since launch, and it looks like they might be getting it.
In response to a thread on Reddit criticizing ESO and asking for cross-faction grouping, the game’s creative director, Paul Sage, said ZeniMax is looking at some changes for the next game update.
Just wanted to chime in with what is hopefully good news. First, we aren’t opposed to cross-faction grouping for dungeons, but it is something that will take a while to accomplish. However, what you are seeing may be a result of the ...
- Watch The First Episode of ESO Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sce1q6h-KQg
The Elder Scrolls Online team at ZeniMax has started a new livestream to keep you up to date on happenings with the game. The first episode has already aired, but yesterday it was archived on YouTube so you can watch it in the video above if you missed it. Here’s the episode description:
In this episode, Community Manager Jessica Folsom and Assistant Community Manager Gina Bruno chat with Lead Writer Wynne McLaughlin, Assistant Art Director Mike Phillips, and fan-favorite artist SlayerSyrena. We also catch up with the guild leader of the Blue Skooma Roleplayers group, Ri’sari, and explore Dragonstar Arena with ...
- Create a ‘Tale of the Dead’ to Win TESO Swag How do you think this feller died?
If you have an active imagination and some decent writing skills, you can win some swag by telling ZeniMax your theory. The company is holding a second “Tale of the Dead” screenshot contest for The Elder Scrolls Online.
Instructions on how to submit your 500-word-or-less entry describing what led to the is sad screenshot from The Elder Scrolls Online are here. You’re encouraged to be creative and put your story in any form you wish. Three winners will get a $25 Bethesda store coupon and an ESO t-shirt.
Now, let’s see, he was on a picnic ...
- TESO Update Four Adds Dragonstar Arena https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd3p7E7Awso
The fourth major update for The Elder Scrolls Online is out now. It adds a considerable amount of new content to the game, including the Dragonstar Arena, which ZeniMax has released a trailer for above.
Dragonstar Arena is a wave-based arena experience designed for four players. It has ten arena challenges in both normal and veteran modes featuring progressively tougher enemies.
The update also adds a new territory, Upper Craglorn, which features new settlement Dragonstar (home of the arena), six new group delves and three new group instances as your group goes up against the Scale Empire.
The fight against the Scale Empire ...
- These TESO Dancing Fools Are Perfectly in Sync https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2cZskUqv8
Here’s a fun video of some creative types delighting/annoying other The Elder Scrolls Online players with synchronized dance and comedy routines. The routines in this video from Mezza Mort start off small, but they eventually get more elaborate and even draw a crowd.
The perfectly coordinated timing is made possible by a mod called SyncMotes, with synchronizes various players’ e-motes. You can check it out here. Scroll down for English.
- Layoffs at The Elder Scrolls Online Developer ZeniMax Online Studios, the developer behind The Elder Scrolls Online, announced a round of layoffs this morning.
TESO publisher Bethesda’s VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines gave a statement about the layoffs to Joystiq about ramping down the number of people working on the game.
“As is the norm for games of this type, we had ramped up a large workforce to develop a game of vast scale, and ramped up our customer service to handle the expected questions and community needs of The Elder Scrolls Online at launch. Now that we are nearly 6 months post launch, we have a thriving online community in a ...
- It’s One PVP Player Verus the World in This TESO Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIt6fbSlP_8
Here’s a The Elder Scrolls Online PVP video that manages to be impressive despite the fact that the player in question is buffed to the gills and arguably abusing some holes in the game mechanics, such as one that allows players to essentially block with their backs turned. Sure, he’s exploiting as much as he can, but he’s exploiting with style.
The video starts with a hardboiled line from Taken, then follows Sypher’s Dragonknight through lots of Sypher-versus-everyone-else PVP. On Reddit Sypher was unapologetic about his buffs and exploitation of the quirks of PVP, saying they are built into the game ...
- TESO Loyalty Rewards Start Next Month With High Hrothgar Wraith Pet It’s fair to say that The Elder Scrolls Online has received mixed reaction from both the Elder Scrolls and MMORPG communities. People either love it, hate it, or think it’s just okay.
If you’re one of the people who liked it enough to pay to play it for three months, ZeniMax wants to say thank you, and will be rolling out loyalty rewards in September. One caveat is that the three months has to be paid game time. The free month included in your purchase and any other free time doesn’t count.
The first loyalty reward is a High Hrothgar Wraith vanity pet. ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online v1.3.3 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online’s third major content update, version 1.3.3, is now available for download. Lots of bug fixes and you can now dye your characters armor to look like Wolverine if you want.
According to ZeniMax in the patch notes:
“In this update, we’ve added armor dye stations where you can change the color of your armor with dyes you unlock through achievements. We’ve also added and improved many guild features including the addition of guild heraldry, guild traders, and improved guild management.”
“Another exciting change is the updates to our campaigns in Cyrodiil. We’ve implemented new campaign options, each with their ...
- Five Reasons to Play The Elder Scrolls Online
There’s a lot of negativity about The Elder Scrolls Online at times, so it’s nice to see this positive take from GamesBrained.
Reasons given are:
Interesting crafting and economy.
Vampires and werewolves.
Any class can use any armor or any weapon.
It doesn’t waste your time.
So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Discuss the pros and cons of the game in our forums.