- Rumor: Elder Scrolls Online Pulled From Retail Store in Australia Rumors that The Elder Scrolls Online will soon go free-to-play keep getting additional fuel. A report says a major Australian retailer is pulling it from its shelves entirely.
EB Games says this move is part of a normal stock recall, but it’s pretty weird to pull an online game that’s still selling and functioning. Kotaku Australia says its sources show that other games being recalled are only having excess stock removed, but everything related to ESO will be completely wiped from the store by Aug. 14.
This is definitely in the rumor category, of course, and so far there’s been no confirmation ...
- Elder Scrolls Online Wins ‘Great MMO Faceoff’ I’m aware that much of our fanbase really hasn’t jumped on The Elder Scrolls Online, but apparently the people who are playing really like it. Their votes were enough to push ESO to victory in a recent online poll, naming it the best MMORPG of the year.
ESO triumphed over The Lord of the Rings Online in MMORPG.com’s “Great MMO Face-Off.” It took 54.3 percent of the vote to LOTR Online’s 45.7.
Earlier in the contest previously won the newbie category, beating supernatural MMO The Secret World.
Does this intrigue you enough to give the game a second look? Discuss on our ...
- Here’s a Strong Hint The Elder Scrolls Online Might Go Free-To-Play Is free-to-play the future of MMORPGs? After experiencing some free-to-play MMORPGs that get dangerously close to a “pay-to-win” model, I’m not so sure.
But some people certainly think so. And The Elder Scrolls Online was heavily criticized by those people when it launched last year with a traditional subscription model instead of a free-to-play scheme. Those people may get their wish soon.
As PC Gamer reports, ZeniMax has pulled its six month subscription option from its site. All that are left are options up to 90 days.
That’s a familiar pattern, as other MMORPGs have yanked longer subs before going free-to-play. It’s also ...
- ESO Wins ‘Great MMO Faceoff’ Newbie Category ESO has had a rockier year than many anticipated, with a lot of early players jumping ship and the promised console version being delayed until 2015.
But here’s some good news. The game still managed to eke out a win as the best new MMO in an online poll.
ESO beat Funcom’s The Secret World in the “Newbies” category of MMORPG.com’s “The Great MMO Faceoff” poll semi-finals. ESO just squeaked out a victory, beating the more obscure horror MMO game 51.3 to 48.7 percent. That means that along the way it was also judged better than other new entries like ArcheAge, Wildstar ...
- ESO Live Reveals Champion System https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74RNVpzXbA8
Hey, we can’t all be at our computers whenever a live-stream is on. That’s why nice people like Shawn Brunelle capture important streams like ESO Live, ZeniMax’s regular livestream of what’s coming up in ESO.
This ESO Live Livestream breaks down the new Champion System that will be coming to the game soon in the 1.6 update, a signficant update the team teases as “almost like ESO 2.0.”
If watching a two hour video is too much, other nice people at Tamriel Foundry have a transcript of the whole thing prepared. Here’s how ZeniMax developer Maria Aliprando describes the genesis of ...
- Details about ESO’s Champion System Coming Friday One of the most anticipated new changes in The Elder Scrolls Online’s upcoming sixth update is the new Champion System, and you can find out more about it soon.
This new system is a post level 50 veteran system that will allow players to continue leveling their characters with new Champion passives and upgrades. Zenimax has announced that more details about the system will be revealed during tomorrow’s ESO Live stream on Twitch. Here’s a rundown of what will be discussed in the stream.
Removal of Overcharge
- ZeniMax Encourages ESO Players to Try Undaunted Daily Quests If all you know about Undaunted quests in ESO is that some players get scary monster masks from them, ZeniMax wants to change that. It has produced a guide to help those who haven’t tried the undaunted quests jump in.
The guide explains how to sign up for the Undaunted quests, only available to level 45 and up characters, which involves signing a pledge to take on tough foes. There are two ranks for the pledges, the standard that open up at level 45 and the Veteran Rank pledges that are only available at Veteran Rank I.
And it also goes into ...
- Zenimax Says It Will Have News About ESO on Consoles Next Year Working for this site, I check for Elder Scrolls Online news every day. And just about every day, I see one or more sites promoting fake release dates for ESO on consoles. It’s like a cottage industry of lies.
Well, here we finally have some real news. ESO won’t be out this year on consoles. ZeniMax doesn’t even plan to make more major announcements about it until 2015. Yes, that is way past the six months they promised they’d have to wait after the PS4 and Xbox One versions missed their June launch date.
This official announcement comes from Matt Firor’s The ...
- Watch a Group Beat ESO’s Toughest Encounter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzMabKVMC1w
This Veteran Dragonstar Arena run from Deltia of Deltia’s Gaming shows his group finishing off what he ranks as the hardest four-player encounter in the game.
Deltia’s tank gets the final kill of the encounter. He’s muted the audio with music because he admits he swore for a solid three minutes during the tough fight.
What do you think? Is their a harder challenge for a four-player group? What’s the toughest challenge in the game overall? Let us know in our forum.
- ZeniMax Spruces Up ESO With New Patch The Elder Scrolls Online has a new incremental patch out now. For such a big game, however, even an incremental patch is a monster.
It shouldn’t, however, be a 12 GB monster. There was a bug that pushed it out in that large size. Instructions for dealing with that are here.
The patch primarily fixes quests, adjusts monsters and makes audio improvements. The full patch notes are below.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.5.6 is an incremental patch that has addressed issues in Cyrodiil and a number of quests. We have also adjusted the health and power of monsters in dungeons scaled to at ...