- The Elder Scrolls Online Enlists Malukah For Beautiful Bard Songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPPNJCPHDY
Theelderscrollsonline.com has a nice long post about the music in The Elder Scrolls Online, which is particularly relevant since it was promised that there will be more music in this weekend’s beta.
There’s lots of info in the post about the music design, including live music elements that will eventually be added to the final game. The highlight for me, though, is the bard song video “Three Hearts as One” featuring Mexican singer, composer, and video game fan Malukah posted above. Less annoying than “Ragnar the Red” for the hundreth time, certainly, and easier on the eyes.
Malukah, known to Skyrim fans for ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend, Comes With Free Monkey Yep, as many suspected, The Elder Scrolls Online Beta is back on for this weekend. And as a special twist you can invite a friend to join in the fun.
If you’ve signed up for the beta check your inboxes for invites. According to a post on theelderscrollsonline.com you might find one not just for yourself, but an extra beta code you can send to a friend. And if you didn’t get one, but you’ve got a friend you know is in the beta, now is the time to start dropping some broad hints.
This will be the first beta event where ...
- Next Beta Coming ‘Very Soon,’ With Tons of Updates If you haven’t signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, now might be a good time. This weekend the official The Elder Scrolls Online Twitter account announced the next beta event will be announced “very soon.”
And when it comes back, it’ll come back with a huge list of updates, bugfixes, and improvements for the 0.18 version, according to a list of patch notes shared on Reddit. Highlights include:
• Thousands of fixes for quest issues across the entire game.
• Now after the tutorial completion, new characters will go directly to first alliance city where you will then have the choice to ...
- A Crash Course in The Elder Scrolls Online Smithing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNvh7c0MkM
Does this image get a laugh of familiarity out of you?
Then you’re going to love The Elder Scrolls Online team’s latest development video. It’s everything you ever wanted to know about smithing in The Elder Scrolls Online, with hints and tips to make your projects better.
If you want to get to hammering out the epic gear, sign up for the beta at https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/beta.
The Elder Scrolls Online releases to the PC and Mac on April 4, 2014 and to the Xbox One and PS4 in June of 2014.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta NDA Has Been Lifted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtVnQsUCAc
Hold your tongues no longer. Over the weekend the NDA which had bound The Elder Scrolls Online beta testers was lifted by Zenimax and users have already started giving their impressions and sharing media they had prerecorded, like this long player video above.
The real action, however, will come during the next beta event, where users will be prepared to freely record, screencap, even livestream gameplay.
“There isn’t a beta event taking place now, but we’ll hold another soon–watch for invites. You’ll be free to capture and share footage and screenshots, stream your gameplay, and talk about the game wherever you’d like ...
- A Look at Some of The Elder Scrolls Online’s Group Dungeons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4GVM1kCnA&feature=youtu.be
Before you click play, be warned, this video includes some spoilers from the level 13-15 content.
There are tons of press impressions out there at this point for The Elder Scrolls Online, but a lot of them focus on the initial few hours of the solo experience. What’s it like when you get a few levels under you and get a good group together?
This video from Tamriel Foundry gives a hint. It shows some of the low-level instanced dungeons including Spindleclutch, Banished Cells, and Fungal Grotto. Starring experienced players from the guild Entropy Rising, it gives a good look at how ...
- Reminder, No Open Beta for The Elder Scrolls Online If you haven’t signed up for The Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, content in your certainty that there will be an open beta before the game launches, I have the unfortunate task of disillusioning you. There will be no open beta.
From the game’s support FAQ, updated last week:
We will not be holding a traditional open beta, but if you sign up to participate in the ESO beta prior to launch and are eligible per our Terms of Service, you will get an invite to a future beta event. We will be holding several very large beta sessions that include beta ...
- Designing The Dark Anchors of The Elder Scrolls Online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMthHs4BPw
In The Elder Scrolls Online, the Dark Anchors are Molag Bal’s attempt to yank Tamriel to his Oblivion Plane Coldharbour. And also a chance for players to team up and kick some Daedric ass.
Theelderscrollsonline.com has a new developer diary talking about what went into designing the Dark Anchors and what they mean to the The Elder Scrolls Online world.
“When we set out to create the Dark Anchor encounters, we had specific goals in mind. We wanted them to be an immediate, obvious reminder that Tamriel is in danger—something you could see in the world to make you realize just how ...
- Spend 15 Minutes Exploring Tamriel in This The Elder Scrolls Online Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szyV_raXB24
Many of the Elder Scrolls Online previews that are showing up focus on the combat or the gameplay or the quests, but in this delightful video from Dan Bull, the first priority is seeing as much as Tamriel as possible.
“One of the main reasons I love the Elder Scrolls games is the adventuring and exploring, so that’s what we’re going to do today,” Bull says before attempting to run from the northwest to the northeast of the map, ignoring quests and running away from crocodiles and other baddies. He doesn’t make it, but he finds a lot to see along ...
- Hands On Previews for The Elder Scrolls Online Coming In http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9srNawmfA
Gaming press impressions of the The Elder Scrolls Online are now popping up all over the place.
The impressions are all over the place, too, ranging from “boring” to a “a lot of fun.”
One of the more positive previews comes from The Game Fanatics, which also posted the 10 minute preview video you see above. The Game Fanatics call The Elder Scrolls Online “better than Skyrim” and praised the combat.
“The best part of TESO is that the combat is vastly improved over Skyrim. This is largely because you can finally have more than just two things equipped at a time. You have your ...