- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta NDA Has Been Lifted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtVnQsUCAc
Hold your tongues no longer. Over the weekend the NDA which had bound The Elder Scrolls Online beta testers was lifted by Zenimax and users have already started giving their impressions and sharing media they had prerecorded, like this long player video above.
The real action, however, will come during the next beta event, where users will be prepared to freely record, screencap, even livestream gameplay.
“There isn’t a beta event taking place now, but we’ll hold another soon–watch for invites. You’ll be free to capture and share footage and screenshots, stream your gameplay, and talk about the game wherever you’d like ...
- A Look at Some of The Elder Scrolls Online’s Group Dungeons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4GVM1kCnA&feature=youtu.be
Before you click play, be warned, this video includes some spoilers from the level 13-15 content.
There are tons of press impressions out there at this point for The Elder Scrolls Online, but a lot of them focus on the initial few hours of the solo experience. What’s it like when you get a few levels under you and get a good group together?
This video from Tamriel Foundry gives a hint. It shows some of the low-level instanced dungeons including Spindleclutch, Banished Cells, and Fungal Grotto. Starring experienced players from the guild Entropy Rising, it gives a good look at how ...
- Reminder, No Open Beta for The Elder Scrolls Online If you haven’t signed up for The Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, content in your certainty that there will be an open beta before the game launches, I have the unfortunate task of disillusioning you. There will be no open beta.
From the game’s support FAQ, updated last week:
We will not be holding a traditional open beta, but if you sign up to participate in the ESO beta prior to launch and are eligible per our Terms of Service, you will get an invite to a future beta event. We will be holding several very large beta sessions that include beta ...
- Designing The Dark Anchors of The Elder Scrolls Online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMthHs4BPw
In The Elder Scrolls Online, the Dark Anchors are Molag Bal’s attempt to yank Tamriel to his Oblivion Plane Coldharbour. And also a chance for players to team up and kick some Daedric ass.
Theelderscrollsonline.com has a new developer diary talking about what went into designing the Dark Anchors and what they mean to the The Elder Scrolls Online world.
“When we set out to create the Dark Anchor encounters, we had specific goals in mind. We wanted them to be an immediate, obvious reminder that Tamriel is in danger—something you could see in the world to make you realize just how ...
- Spend 15 Minutes Exploring Tamriel in This The Elder Scrolls Online Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szyV_raXB24
Many of the Elder Scrolls Online previews that are showing up focus on the combat or the gameplay or the quests, but in this delightful video from Dan Bull, the first priority is seeing as much as Tamriel as possible.
“One of the main reasons I love the Elder Scrolls games is the adventuring and exploring, so that’s what we’re going to do today,” Bull says before attempting to run from the northwest to the northeast of the map, ignoring quests and running away from crocodiles and other baddies. He doesn’t make it, but he finds a lot to see along ...
- Hands On Previews for The Elder Scrolls Online Coming In http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9srNawmfA
Gaming press impressions of the The Elder Scrolls Online are now popping up all over the place.
The impressions are all over the place, too, ranging from “boring” to a “a lot of fun.”
One of the more positive previews comes from The Game Fanatics, which also posted the 10 minute preview video you see above. The Game Fanatics call The Elder Scrolls Online “better than Skyrim” and praised the combat.
“The best part of TESO is that the combat is vastly improved over Skyrim. This is largely because you can finally have more than just two things equipped at a time. You have your ...
- Devs Say Rolling Imperial Won’t Give Players an Unfair Advantage in The Elder Scrolls Online Worried that those who put down the cash to buy the Imperial Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online will have an advantage over those that go for the cheaper editions? Don’t be, according to a post on theelderscrollsonline.com.
According to the post, playing as an Imperial is a primarily an opportunity to set yourself “visually apart” in the game.
“Gameplay benefits within this edition have been designed to avoid bestowing unfair advantages over players who do not purchase this special edition. This is cool content designed for some of our biggest fans who wish to have something different from other collector’s editions ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition Unboxing Video Released http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqiEvH4iC0M#
If simply reading about the “Imperial Edition” of The Elder Scrolls Online isn’t enough to get you to pre-order it, theelderscrollsonline.com just released an unboxing video in the hope seeing all the goodies will change your mind. Wow, either the box is huge or Lead Loremaster Lawrence Schick, who does the unboxing, is a tiny, tiny man.
In the video, Schick confirms a couple of key points. The Imperial Edition will in fact be the only way to play as an Imperial. And the physical version will be very limited.
“You need to nab this sucker while you can, because we’re only going ...
- TESO Imperial Editions and Pre-Order Bonuses Officially Announced Along with New Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVMNQozxqos
Today Bethesda Softworks made it official. That snazzy “Imperial Edition” of The Elder Scrolls Online that you’ve been seeing pictures of is real, it costs $99.99, and you can pre-order it now for your platform of choice.
Various retailers are already taking pre-orders for the standard and Imperial editions of the game, and Bethesda also announced the opening of an online store where one can pre-order the digital versions of the standard and Imperial editions.
According to Bethesda’s release, your hundred bucks gets you these extras in the “extremely limited” physical edition.
Molag Bal Statue. A 12” statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of ...
- Amazon Leak Shows “Imperial Edition” of TESO With Playable Imperial Race
God bless Amazon.com. Its tendency to jump the gun when posting product images is an unending source of interesting leaks. The latest seems to show a The Elder Scrolls Online special edition with some cool swag and some gameplay additions that might be even more sought after.
As you can see for yourself by clicking on the above image, the “Imperial Edition” has a fancy box, a wicked foot-tall statue of Molag Bal, a map of Tamriel, and a 224-page guidebook. Cool stuff, but the digital content includes the chance to “play as an Imperial in any Alliance.” Imperials are not ...