- The Elder Scrolls Online’s First Emperor Speaks
Theelderscrollsonline.com has an interview with the first player to be crowned “Emperor” in the game, an impressive feat that requires dominating the Alliance War and the leaderboards, but at least you get a sweet set of custom armor.
The first Emperor is Morkulth, an Altmer sorcerer from the Entropy Rising guild. Morkulth’s strategy for becoming an Emperor involved lots of help from Entropy Rising and PRX, lots of time invested, and lots of trail mix to get him through long gaming sessions.
“I prepared by having lots of trail mix at hand if the fight was to go into the late hours ...
- The Three Elder Scrolls Online Cinematic Trailers Make One Awesome Short Film The guys at Kotaku point out that if you watch all three The Elder Scrolls Online Trailers in a row, they make a longer-form 15-minute animated movie. So, let’s do that.
That’s was interesting. It’s certainly not seamless, but any excuse to check out these beautiful trailers by Blur Studio again is worth making.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Lore, In Compressed Form
Got a minute? Then that’s enough time to catch up on the lore of The Elder Scrolls Online with this cool video. Relive all the shenanigans that led up to you losing your soul, and why you, and about a million other like you, are the only hope to stop Molag Bal.
- Messing Around With The Elder Scrolls Online Emotes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzWOT0frX8
If you’re playing around with Emotes in an MMORPG you, almost by definition, have nothing better to do. But they can be occasionally useful, and at least fun to try out when you’re waiting for a guildmate or something. The Elder Scrolls Online has 172 for you to try.
Here’s a look at some of the more fun ones from IGN. Bonus points for featuring a kitty, uh, I mean Khajiit.
If you want to check out the Emotes in animated form, there’s a huge list here:
- Bethesda Endorses Player-Created Trading Solution for TESO As you might have noticed, The Elder Scrolls Online has no auction house. But that’s not going to stop players who want to trade, so a fan solution has sprung up.
The fansite TESO Elite has established a marketplace and set of rules for safe trading. Well, safer trading. Nothing is guaranteed in MMO trading. I learned this the hard way, as a young noob, the first time I tried to trade in Everquest 14 years ago and got ripped off.
But the guidelines set up by the fans seem sensible and there’s a promise of community moderation and feedback, so it ...
- Are You Willing to Pay Separate Subscription Fees For Each Version of The Elder Scrolls Online? Unless you’re some kind of bling-covered Richie Rich gamer, looks like you’re going to have to pick a version and stick with it when it comes to The Elder Scrolls Online.
According to Crave Online, each version of The Elder Scrolls Online will require a separate subscription fee, so those that are playing it on PC will have to pay more to check it out on consoles and vice-versa. If this is the case when the console versions launch in June, it’ll be kind of a bummer for PC gamers that have friends that only play on those.
The info comes from ...
- Harry Partridge Goes Back to Tamriel in Funny New Animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMRSRyYZtuk
Animator Harry Partridge has focused on The Elder Scrolls before, with videos like The Adventures of the Dovahkids, so fans were clamoring for him to take on The Elder Scrolls Online. And now he has, with a new video that pokes mostly affectionate fun at the melding of Elder Scrolls lore and MMORPG mechanics.
- Waste Your Time Fishing in The Elder Scrolls Online
I don’t understand why fishing in MMOs has always been so appealing to me. I don’t like fishing in real life, but when I fired up my first MMO, EverQuest, a fishing pole was one of the first items I obtained. As others were joining guilds and going on epic quests I stood by myself, happily catching virtual fish.
Fishing in The Elder Scrolls Online is, at least at the moment, a near complete waste of time. The rewards for it are just not enough to make it worth the effort. But there is still a whole guild dedicated directly to ...
- Take a Look at Craglorn, TESO’s First Big Content Update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PddwLiYQs
Even as players are just starting to dive into The Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax is showing off its first big content update, Craglorn.
Craglorn is an adventure zone that’s described by TESO Creative Director Paul Sage as “the next piece of the veteran gameplay pie.” It’s designed to provide challenging quests for four players veteran groups.
It also introduces Trials, the game’s large group veteran PVE system designed for 12 players. The twist with Trials is not just tougher mobs, but a timer, limited resurrections, and resurrections that count against the timer. The groups that post the best times to the leaderboards ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates Launch Day With New Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySC13H_2cE
This celebratory trailer for today’s official The Elder Scrolls Online PC and Mac launch doesn’t contain gameplay. But it does look awesome, so it’s worth checking out.
In addition to the trailer Game Director Matt Firor released this note to players:
Welcome to April 4, 2014! Today’s worldwide release of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC and Mac is a landmark day for our many fans and all of us here at ZeniMax Online Studios. I am incredibly proud of the team that has been working hard to bring Tamriel to life online and am extremely grateful for everyone in the ever-growing ...