- Bethesda Endorses Player-Created Trading Solution for TESO As you might have noticed, The Elder Scrolls Online has no auction house. But that’s not going to stop players who want to trade, so a fan solution has sprung up.
The fansite TESO Elite has established a marketplace and set of rules for safe trading. Well, safer trading. Nothing is guaranteed in MMO trading. I learned this the hard way, as a young noob, the first time I tried to trade in Everquest 14 years ago and got ripped off.
But the guidelines set up by the fans seem sensible and there’s a promise of community moderation and feedback, so it ...
- Are You Willing to Pay Separate Subscription Fees For Each Version of The Elder Scrolls Online? Unless you’re some kind of bling-covered Richie Rich gamer, looks like you’re going to have to pick a version and stick with it when it comes to The Elder Scrolls Online.
According to Crave Online, each version of The Elder Scrolls Online will require a separate subscription fee, so those that are playing it on PC will have to pay more to check it out on consoles and vice-versa. If this is the case when the console versions launch in June, it’ll be kind of a bummer for PC gamers that have friends that only play on those.
The info comes from ...
- Harry Partridge Goes Back to Tamriel in Funny New Animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMRSRyYZtuk
Animator Harry Partridge has focused on The Elder Scrolls before, with videos like The Adventures of the Dovahkids, so fans were clamoring for him to take on The Elder Scrolls Online. And now he has, with a new video that pokes mostly affectionate fun at the melding of Elder Scrolls lore and MMORPG mechanics.
- Waste Your Time Fishing in The Elder Scrolls Online
I don’t understand why fishing in MMOs has always been so appealing to me. I don’t like fishing in real life, but when I fired up my first MMO, EverQuest, a fishing pole was one of the first items I obtained. As others were joining guilds and going on epic quests I stood by myself, happily catching virtual fish.
Fishing in The Elder Scrolls Online is, at least at the moment, a near complete waste of time. The rewards for it are just not enough to make it worth the effort. But there is still a whole guild dedicated directly to ...
- Take a Look at Craglorn, TESO’s First Big Content Update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PddwLiYQs
Even as players are just starting to dive into The Elder Scrolls Online, Zenimax is showing off its first big content update, Craglorn.
Craglorn is an adventure zone that’s described by TESO Creative Director Paul Sage as “the next piece of the veteran gameplay pie.” It’s designed to provide challenging quests for four players veteran groups.
It also introduces Trials, the game’s large group veteran PVE system designed for 12 players. The twist with Trials is not just tougher mobs, but a timer, limited resurrections, and resurrections that count against the timer. The groups that post the best times to the leaderboards ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates Launch Day With New Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySC13H_2cE
This celebratory trailer for today’s official The Elder Scrolls Online PC and Mac launch doesn’t contain gameplay. But it does look awesome, so it’s worth checking out.
In addition to the trailer Game Director Matt Firor released this note to players:
Welcome to April 4, 2014! Today’s worldwide release of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC and Mac is a landmark day for our many fans and all of us here at ZeniMax Online Studios. I am incredibly proud of the team that has been working hard to bring Tamriel to life online and am extremely grateful for everyone in the ever-growing ...
- Someone Offered Their First-Born Child For a Beta Key, and Other Weird TESO Facts So how many mudcrabs would you have to kill to reach level 50 in The Elder Scrolls Online? Fortunately, Bethesda has helpfully provided the answer, as well as lots of other weird and funny trivia bits, in this huge infographic to celebrate the game’s impending PC and Mac launch. 32 hours to read all the books? I’d better get crackin.’
As a reminder, here are the launch times. Console players will have to wait until June.
North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd–
UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Thursday, April 4th–
Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Thursday, April 4th–
Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, ...
- Will The Elder Scrolls Online Be Worth the Money? The Elder Scrolls Online is only a few days away from the official launch April 4, and that’s the question people are still asking. Bethesda is still defending its choice to go with a subscription model.
Bethesda’s Global Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations, Pete Hines, recently told Games.On.Net that the decision to charge a $15-a-month subscription fee was a mutual Bethesda and Zenimax decision.
“It would be fair to say it was a mutual decision,” said Hines. “It wasn’t like they decided it, and we didn’t mandate it. There was a lot of conversation around it.”
“I worry about it,” admits ...
- Choose Your The Elder Scrolls Online Campaign Now Ahead of this weekend’s early access launch, Zenimax has released the names of the campaigns for The Elder Scrolls Online so players can make their picks and start planning early for the Alliance War PVP. It’s kind of like a late March Madness, but with siege weapons.
There are two campaigns for each name, one on the North American megaserver and one on the European megaserver. You need to level to 10 to participate in the Alliance War, but that shouldn’t take long. Then you can pick your home campaign. Coordinate with your friends and guild carefully, you don’t ...
- Skyrim Vs. The Elder Scrolls Online Round 2, Windhelm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJqQMk1vjyU
If you’re interested in how the locations from Skyrim look in The Elder Scrolls Online, this new video from IGN is well worth checking out. They take a side-by side look at Windhelm.
Personally, the original version simply looks more grander and more full of character to me, but it’s easy to see that some of the changes, like larger areas, were made to better suit the needs of an MMORPG.
The Elder Scrolls Online launches:
For 5 day early access:
North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Sunday March 30th–
UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Sunday March 30th–
Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Sunday March 30th–
Sydney, Australia: ...