- Got a Gravelly Voice? The Skywind Mod Wants You, Maybe
This new video for the Skywind Mod, an ambitious mod that seeks to recreate Morrowind in the Skyrim engine, lists lots of ways for people to help the mod to completion.
The main thing the modders are seeking is for people to preview voice acting performances to serve as a filter to keep from overwhelming the mod’s sole voice acting editor.
But the sexiest bullet point is the chance to play a dark elf. If you sound kind of like your grandma who has smoked Camels every day of her life since she was 12, you might have a shot at filling ...
- ‘Faces of Skyrim’ Exhibition Captures the Most Lifelike Skyrim Portraits These faces are so realistic looking, you’d be forgiven for thinking some of them are altered photos. Not bad for a nearly three year old game.
The gallery was chosen by Andrew Cull, with help from YourAverageGrunt, and Being-In-The-World, to put together what they felt was the best examples of Skyrim portraiture.
Of course these aren’t vanilla Skyrim images, but it’s a good example of what can be done with mods.
Check out all 18 images from the gallery in high resolution here. The gallery got so many submissions that Cull says he will post a second one soon.
- Skywind Alpha Coming Soon
Here’s a nice new progress video for Skywind, the project that seeks to reboot Morrowind in the Skyrim engine.
The video is filled with impressive visuals, but perhaps the most tantalizing part is white text on a black background at the end, which teases a “Public Developer Alpha” coming soon. Details to come
What that means exactly is the “to come” part, I guess. It doesn’t not sound like it’s a straightforward alpha for bug testing, it may only be available to those who have resources or skills to put toward the project.
You can go to http://tesrenewal.com/ to keep up with the latest news ...
- Couch Co-op For Skyrim? There’s a Mod in the Works Exploring Skyrim can be a beautiful, but lonely experience. Sure you’ve got followers and pets, but they’re more like pack mules and shields than other people.
Some people feel that the loneliness adds to the beauty.
But if you don’t, there’s a mod that will allow you to let a friend tag along.
Couch Co-Op Companion is in alpha and nowhere near finished. It allows your friend to essentially plug in a controller and start controlling a companion on the same screen. And yeah, you can keep your AI companion if you need Lydia to carry stuff and complain.
The modder Nenilai Xilodel explains the ...
- Teeny Tiny Skyrim Helmet for the Cutest Dovahkiin Russian artist Alisa Maskaeva made this cute Dovahkiin helmet from polymer clay. As you can see, it’s very small, about one inch at its widest.
What could happen with a teeny little Dragonborn helmet? Teeny little Dragonborn adventures, of course. Imagine the Dragonborn getting shrunk, taking a mouse for a mount, and fighting off all the evil cats, fairies, and frogs in the land. To him a mudbcrab fight would be like an amazing dragon battle.
Get on this, modders.
Alisa is very prolific and has done a lot of other great modeling work, a lot of it in the more geeky genres. ...
- Skyrim Just Keeps Getting Prettier, Thanks to Modders
This latest version of the Skyrim RealVision ENB is pure porn. The graphics have been tuned up so much by this series of modifications that it looks almost like a new game. If people want to keep shining up Skyrim indefinitely, I’m down for it.
This new trailer for the ENB does a brilliant job of showing off how lifelike and beautiful everything can be.
I am a little thrown by the fact that this Skyrim video features a voiceover by Leliana of the Dragon Age series, as part of a cover version of “Leliana’s Song” from that series. But it is ...
- Funny Skyrim Glitch: Bizarre Twisted Manwolf
The YouTuber here must have really, really pissed off Hircine. He tried to become a Werewolf, but got trapped in this freakish, glitchy form that’s a little more man than werewolf.
The glitched form can use weapons, although not very well, do shouts, and can wear armor if you don’t mind some nightmare fuel. One leg appears to be mostly human. It also can’t die, as is the case will all truly unholy things.
The model is extremely glitched and contorted, but it kind of makes sense if you’re roleplaying the character as horribly cursed.
- The Final Blood-Soaked Episode of COPS: Skyrim
The fifth and final season of COPS: Skyrim comes to an end, with all suspects guilty until proven innocent in a court of law. Not that it matters, as you’ll see by the end.
Officer Jenkins, the star of the show, was fired and has been on a murdering spree this season. And it only escalates here. Will anyone be spared from his madness? Maybe his dog.
Also, guest appearance by one of the worst stripper mods ever.
This series by Bryan Basham and Jeff Hatz has been a hilarious ride. It’s sad to see it come to an end, but at least ...
- Skyrim Piano Medley Will Brighten Your Day
Are there pianos in Skyrim? I’ve never seen one. If not, that’s sad, because Skyrim citizens will never get to hear this lovely piano medley of Skyrim music by Thomas Klungland.
Skyrim music is one of the things that most evokes the emotion of the game for me, and Klungland has captured it here, albeit in a lighter form.
Klungland says that for a limited time he’ll have the music available for download.
- Mod Turns Skyrim Into a Creepy Wasteland With Bethesda’s involvement in the Fallout series, it’s only logical that someone would take “Skyrim” and “apocalypse” and put the two together. So here’s an unusual mod that takes the vibrant and varied landscapes of Skyrim and turns them into a harsh, blighted wasteland.
The mod doesn’t transform all of Skyrim, it’s mostly focused on the eastern half. At this point the mod is mostly lighting and texture changes intended to create creepy “horror-like” effect, but the mod creator Vendayn eventually plans to add ruins to complete the effect.
“My goal is to add a lot of destruction to the world…in part, to ...