- Skyrim Modders Remaking Beloved PS Platformer MediEvil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2mY9EQy04
MediEvil was one of the high points of the original PlayStation, where it seemed like innovative platformers were popping onto the shelves every time you went to the video. The 1998 game put you in armor of Sir Daniel Fortesque, a skeletal knight reanimated to fight an evil sorcerer named Zarok.
It’s well-remembered and much-beloved, so it’s not a huge surprise the first four levels are being remade in Skyrim, where every game will eventually be remade before the sad, slow heat death of our universe.
The project, MediEvil: Hero of Gallimore, is the work of modder KorinOo and is looking very nice so ...
- This Nightingale Statue is Fact, Not Fiction This very detailed Nightingale statue from Gaming Heads will let you show your love for things thieving and Daedric.
The statue is about 16 inches tall and comes in two types, a standard edition limited to 1,000 copies and an exclusive edition limited to 500 copies. The exclusive edition has a light-up base that gives a water current effect under the Nightingale’s feet.
It’s a little bit disappointing that they only offer the male Nightingale and not the female Nightingale, but it’s still quite an impressive piece. And it comes with an impressive price, $299 for the standard edition and $329 for ...
- Your TESO Armor is to Dye For: a Look at Armor Dyes
Here’s a video that shows off the new armor dyes added in the latest The Elder Scrolls Online update and the process of obtaining those dyes.
Dyes can be applied at various dying stations and are unlocked by achievements, so if you want to be the best dressed in Cyrodiil, get to work on those.
From the looks of the video dying is a a popular activity, at least until the novelty of the relatively frivolous feature wears off. The video creator, ChimneySwift11 can barely get to a dying station because of the rush
- RuneSky Mod Brings RuneScape to Skyrim
Are you one of those people who spent untold hours exploring the free browser-based MMORPG RuneScape? Then here’s a mod that will feel like coming home.
As seen in the video above RuneSky attempts to pay tribute to the free-form RuneScape experience, and to make it more immersive by bringing the 2D game into Skyrim’s 3D engine.
“This project is our way of paying homage to Runescape, as fans, for fans. This mod can in no way replace Runescape, or the last decade of wonderful gaming with Jagex LTD,” modder TripleSixes writes in the mod description.
It looks good so far, although it’s ...
- Plan Your Trip to The Elder Scrolls’ Nirn With This Interactive Map You know how sometimes you’ll find something you didn’t even know you needed in your life? That’s how I feel about this amazing map by Mlendia Horatiu.
The map tries to show all of Nirn, the world where the Elder Scrolls games take place, in Google Maps fashion. That includes areas that we haven’t visited. The map’s creator is even adding some images of the cities as sort of a street-view effect.
The Elder Scrolls fans could argue indefinitely about the map’s accuracy, and they already have been arguing, because some elements of Nirn aren’t quite so nailed down. But it’s still an ...
- Argonian Cosplay is Maybe a Little Too Good This Argonian cosplay is the work of a Russian cosplayer named Elena Nerium Olender. It’s almost a little too realistic. Like, I’m kind of scared for that dog.
Elena is a Russian makeup artist and costume designer. She’s a prolific cosplayer, and she doesn’t shy away from scary or shocking. Her deviantART page is filled with nightmare-inducing Silent Hill nurses, vampire ladies, and Sci-Fi inspired things I’m not sure I understand. On the other hand there are some nice pretty elves to soothe your brain.
Check out more pics of Elena as an Argonian in the gallery below. And check out her page ...
- New Guar Plush is Cute, Sturdy Bethesda recently showed off this bit of cuteness, a guar plush based off the version of Morrowind’s favorite pack animal from The Elder Scrolls Online.
The plush guar is being made by Gaming Heads. It’ll set you back $20.
As a bonus, the guar also comes with a code for The Elder Scrolls Online that can be used to get your a digital guar pet in the game.
I guess you could also make a wild guar equivalent with some scissors, if you wanted. The white guar might take some more customization.
- Got a Gravelly Voice? The Skywind Mod Wants You, Maybe
This new video for the Skywind Mod, an ambitious mod that seeks to recreate Morrowind in the Skyrim engine, lists lots of ways for people to help the mod to completion.
The main thing the modders are seeking is for people to preview voice acting performances to serve as a filter to keep from overwhelming the mod’s sole voice acting editor.
But the sexiest bullet point is the chance to play a dark elf. If you sound kind of like your grandma who has smoked Camels every day of her life since she was 12, you might have a shot at filling ...
- ‘Faces of Skyrim’ Exhibition Captures the Most Lifelike Skyrim Portraits These faces are so realistic looking, you’d be forgiven for thinking some of them are altered photos. Not bad for a nearly three year old game.
The gallery was chosen by Andrew Cull, with help from YourAverageGrunt, and Being-In-The-World, to put together what they felt was the best examples of Skyrim portraiture.
Of course these aren’t vanilla Skyrim images, but it’s a good example of what can be done with mods.
Check out all 18 images from the gallery in high resolution here. The gallery got so many submissions that Cull says he will post a second one soon.
- Skywind Alpha Coming Soon
Here’s a nice new progress video for Skywind, the project that seeks to reboot Morrowind in the Skyrim engine.
The video is filled with impressive visuals, but perhaps the most tantalizing part is white text on a black background at the end, which teases a “Public Developer Alpha” coming soon. Details to come
What that means exactly is the “to come” part, I guess. It doesn’t not sound like it’s a straightforward alpha for bug testing, it may only be available to those who have resources or skills to put toward the project.
You can go to http://tesrenewal.com/ to keep up with the latest news ...