- PAX East: Pyre Developer Supergiant Talks Games Story And Combat In the RPG Pyre, the game features not only an in-depth story, but also a combat system that plays more like a sports game rather than an RPG. This uniqueness is what makes Supergiant games a popular developer. And at PAX East, they talked about how this came about:
“We like the idea of a high stakes competition where it isn’t just about life and death, that’s a very common thing in video games,” Supergiant Games creative director Greg Kasayin said to Polygon. “You just try and try and try until you win. Death isn’t usually much of a setback.
“We like ...
- Skyrim City Mod Took Over Three Years To Craft There are Skyrim mods that expand the game, and then there’s Holds: The City Overhaul, one mammoth effort nearly four years in the making that’s available starting today.
Holds vastly increases the size of many of Skyrim’s cities, most notably Falkreath, Winterhold and Dawnstar, and even adds a few smaller settlements of its own. Interiors of buildings have also been redone. It was a ton of work and creator Galandil has been at it since 2012. “Most of these new settlements have been placed far out of the way and hidden from view to not ruin the expansive wilderness theme of ...
- Fallout 4 Gets Its First Patch Time for Fallout 4’s first patch. Bethesda’s first repair job gets rid of glitches both annoying (there were reports of players becoming stuck in terminals) and actually beneficial (sometimes during the “Confidence Man” quest your health would continuously regenerate). The full patch notes are below, and they’re rather short:
Fallout 4 1.2 Patch Notes
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Zero Escape 3 Now Has Official Title Earleir this year we were pleased to report Japanese developer Chunsoft was finally going forward with the third game in the Zero Escape series of puzzle/mystery/novel titles. This week Aksys, the translation company that publishes the Zero Escape series in the West, revealed its official title: Zero Time Dilemma. They also showed off this artwork….
Feels reminiscent of Saw, which some people have said bears resemblance to Zero Escape thematically (but with far less torture).
The secret ending of Zero Escape 2 (Virtue’s Last Reward) was a hint at the events of the third game and suggested time travel would play a ...
- New Mod Video Merges Worlds Of Skyrim And GTA Modder Adam Pinkman used Grand Theft Auto V, and a lot of mod packages created to manipulate it, to recreate the Skyrim trailer in Los Santos. He succeeded, but not without a lot of hard work.
“It was quite challenging with the scenes,” Pinkman told Polygon in their story on the video. “I had to use other mods to accomplish these types of shots for instance. When people are panicking and rushing all over the streets, I used the Chaos Mod.”
As you might imagine, the hardest part was getting a dragon to appear in GTA V, which doesn’t have an asset ...
- New Skyrim Mod Adds Splatoon Gun Elements from Splatoon have been modded into various other games over the past few months, and now it’s Skyrim’s turn.
A Japanese modder who goes by the name Higeyoshi has developed and released “Peryitoon,” a modification that adds the Splattershot gun from Splatoon to the weapons arsenal in Skyrim. It really works and it really blankets everything it touches in ink. Have a few looks:
It also functions as a weapon. According to Higeyoshi, in the Elder Scrolls universe the Splattershot “harnesses the divine protection of Peryite and fires a powerful poison that weakens enemy health.” Plus, it’s just fun to ...
- Skyrim Turns Into Card Game With Elder Scrolls Legends Last night Bethesda Games, publishers of several popular game series, held their big E3 conference and revealed their lineup for the next year. The lion’s share of the attention was directed at Fallout 4 (more on that later). There wasn’t much in the way of new news regarding the Elder Scrolls series, except for this: something called Elder Scrolls Legends was briefly mentioned. The next title in the series has been revealed? Not exactly. This is a spinoff card game for your tablet, and maybe for your PC.
What would drive this kind of decision? A little something called Hearthstone, which ...
- This Elder Scrolls Themed Basement Cost $50,000 To Make DC Comics artist Tyler Kirkham lives in Kaysville, Utah. He likes comics, obviously, but he LOVES the Elder Scrolls series. So much so that he would spend $50,000 of his own money to have his basement remodeled into a scene right out of the series itself.
To get the look just perfect, Tyler’s finished new basement now features distressed stone walls, various helmets and horns on the walls, a bathroom with a waterfall and rock face covered in vines, crossbows and a sparring arena. And get this….a secret door activated by pulling a specific book from the bookshelf. Gotta have that!
- Elder Scrolls Online Beta For Consoles Coming Soon? Elder Scrolls has continued to prove that vast worlds to explore, plenty of customization, and hundreds of hours of content still please gamers to no end. For many an Elder Scrolls player, their eyes are now turned upon the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online for their next fix.
The massively multiplayer online RPG is currently being made by ZeniMax online, and is admittedly still a ways away from being done. However, to ensure that the game is done the right way, and done right by gamers, ZeniMax is going to be doing a Beta for the console versions of the title. It ...
- Skryim, Modded Until Reality Goes Mad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yHoSvrTss
The unofficial motto of Skyrim has become “mod it, until it breaks.” Videogamedunkey pushes that about as far as he can go in this funny video, and although he manages to do it with crashing his machine on camera, the threads of logic and sanity that hold the game together eventually pop with a quiet “ping.”
He starts small with a Sonic mod here, a Tommy Wiseau horse abomination there, and Thomas the Tank Engine as a dragon. But it ends with a battle that fills the screen with as much crazy as he can put there.
What’s your favorite crazy mod? ...