- Big Bethesda Blowout Sale Includes Fallout, Skyrim And More Both Steam and Humble Bundle are hosting a big sale this week on all Bethesda-published titles, aka the titles readers of this site are presumed to be most interested in. This is the week of QuakeCon, so to celebrate, the company that makes that game is offering its wares at reduced prices.
Fallout 4 is $30, Doom is $30, and The Elder Scrolls Online is $20. The original Skyrim, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and The Evil Within are less than the price of a night out ($10). Skyrim’s Legendary Edition has also been deeply discounted and costs ...
- New Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Gameplay Video Released Today at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con, Infinity Ward unveiled some more information about the newest installment in the Call of Duty series, Infinite Warfare. Specifically, the studio unveiled 12 minutes of gameplay from the campaign mode, titled “Black Sky”.
You can watch the video below:
Additionally, Infinity Ward revealed that the popular Modern Warfare 2 map Terminal will resurface in the new installment, albeit with a few changes. The map now reflects the new game’s science fiction theme, with a space shuttle replacing the passenger jet, among other things.
- New Trailer For The PS4’s “Fairy Fencer F” Never heard of Fairy Fencer F? You have now. The official trailer for the action-JRPG was released this morning by Idea Factory, the company localizing and publishing the game. Actual gameplay doesn’t show up in the trailer until a minute in, due to a lengthy backstory. If you prefer, the backstory is faster to get through in text:
Long ago, a war was waged between the Vile God and the Goddess.
The battle was fierce; the two were equally matched. Finally, both sides unleashed special weapons that contained fairies imbued with their power. Using this power, each god sealed away the other ...
- Is Bethesda Working On Elder Scrolls 6? ….No Sorry to pass on disappointment to everyone who has been assuming Bethesda Games is hard at work on the sixth Elder Scrolls game, but….they’re not. Marketing executive Pete Hines was asked two days ago on Twitter if the studio was hard at work on the next game, and he replied. To put the question being asked in context, Fallout 4 and Skyrim director Todd Howard made a recent comment that Bethesda was working on “three big and crazy projects.”
“Are those big games gonna take away the focus from ES6?” asked Twitter-er Hot Shame.
Hines replied, “We aren’t working on ES6 at ...
- Enderal, The Biggest Skyrim Mod Of Them All, Comes This July There are mods, and then there’s Enderal, which promises to be the closest thing you can get to an actual Skyrim sequel without being one. It’s going to feature a new overworld and story, as well as new gameplay mechanics — all unique. The mod, first announced in 2013, took over three years to create.
It’s being brought into existence by developer SureAI, famous for their previous gargantuan mod Nehrim: At Fate’s Edge. SureAI is promising you’ll get around 30 to 100 extra hours of gameplay from Skyrim with Enderal.
Enderal couldn’t have come at a better time, now that a remastered ...
- According to Bethesda, All Existing Mods Will Work With Skyrim Remastered E3 broke the news that Skyrim was coming to current-gen consoles, and that mods would be allowed. Presumably, all existing mods would have to be ported or reconfigured to work with the new versions, right? …Wrong. Bethesda says they should all work with no modifications. Pete Hines, who works for the company, was asked this question on Twitter and replied “Basically, yes.”
Quite the feat if they can pull it off. But does the mod community agree it could happen? For the most part they do.
“The only thing that will need porting/updating is Skyrim Script Extender,” says MichaGhost, who’s working on ...
- E3 2016: Skyrim Coming To PS4 And XBox One It’s been a long time since we’ve been able to report on news relating to this site’s namesake, but today’s the day.
Bethesda revealed the news during their E3 press conference tonight: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is coming to current-gen consoles! Of course it’ll be remastered, polished and pretty, but you’ll be able to make it prettier (or weirder, depending)….because mods will be allowed as well! Also coming for the ride is the entirety of downloadable content released to date.
Here’s the footage Bethesda showed everyone. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition is coming to Playstation 4 and XBox One on October ...
- I Am Setsuna’s E3 Trailer Is Out Today Perhaps Square’s most anticipated upcoming title among its biggest fans is I Am Setsuna. Final Fantasy XV may have louder hype, but Setsuna is promising a revival of old-school, Chrono Trigger-style combo RPG gameplay. And today, the official E3 trailer for the game went up on Youtube.
Was there a leak? No….Square put the trailer out voluntarily, ahead of schedule. Is this the same thing they’re going to show on stage at E3? I guess so.
As you can see, practically everything about it takes the classic approach: turn-based battles, an overhead view, an overworld map, an eventual airship, and a dramatic ...
- New Details To Fog Of War In Civilization VI! The “Fog of War” reference to areas of a map in certain games where the player can’t see details. Often times being “blacked out” until explored. This has happened many times for the Civilization series. Though with Civ VI, it’s going to be altered a bit.
“The big difference in our Fog of War from Civ 5 is that Civ 5 had the clouds. Now we’re treating the totally unexplored areas as a blank parchment with longitude and latitude lines on it,” says Brian Busatti to IGN. “But as you explore that you start to open things up. The mid-fog, instead ...
- What The Mobile Version Of Final Fantasy XI Will Look Like Will Final Fantasy XI ever die? It seemed that way when the PS2 version of the game was finally shut off earlier this month, but Square is now preparing to launch a new version in its place: a FFXI port for mobile devices. Given Japan’s current gaming market, it makes sense….though perhaps not as much as porting their much fresher MMO, FFXIV.
Square showed off the first-ever released screenshots of the mobile FFXI during the Nexon Developer Conference in South Korea today. They lie below:
Note that Square already announced it had made all the additional worlds and updates to ...