- Spice Up Skyrim With Epic Gameplay Overhaul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0p5VvngpI
Epic Gameplay Overhaul is a collection of mods by ApolloDown, all together in one package for convenience. The overall effect of the package on Skyrim is drastic.
The collection includes:
Dragon Combat Overhaul: This mod promises any dragon you encounter will be “a fearsome beast that will do anything it can to kill you,” by changing up the AI and giving the dragon’s new abilities.
Civil War Overhaul: This mod restores cut content from Skyrim’s civil war and adds consequences to how you do in battles. You can even lose the whole war.
Fire and Ice Overhaul: More natural and dynamic fire and ice ...
- How’s The Weather In Skyrim? Beautiful, With This Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3jdeKeRxIM
This recent mod by Laast, creator of Pure Waters, pretties up the weather effects in Skyrim and adds new textures and more realistic nights.
According to the developer’s description “Pure Weather adds dozens weathers and lighting variations for every areas in Skyrim, with various sunsets and sunrises, and various rainy and snowy weathers. It uses realistic lighting, colors, and textures to enhance your experience without taking off the lore Skyrims feeling.”
It also promises that if you can run the vanilla game with the HD pack the mod won’t cause a performance hit. That might be great for people with older computers.
- Skyrim Vs. The Elder Scrolls Online Round 2, Windhelm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJqQMk1vjyU
If you’re interested in how the locations from Skyrim look in The Elder Scrolls Online, this new video from IGN is well worth checking out. They take a side-by side look at Windhelm.
Personally, the original version simply looks more grander and more full of character to me, but it’s easy to see that some of the changes, like larger areas, were made to better suit the needs of an MMORPG.
The Elder Scrolls Online launches:
For 5 day early access:
North America (East): 7:00 AM EDT, Sunday March 30th–
UK/IE: 12:00 PM WEST, Sunday March 30th–
Central Europe: 1:00 PM CEST, Sunday March 30th–
Sydney, Australia: ...
- Take a Fresh Look at Bruma in the Beyond Skyrim Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRWN2Emgbw
One of the things that seems to excite Skyrim modders the most is the idea of seeing other parts of Tamriel in Skyrim. That’s the button this Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil Bruma teaser pushes, and it pushes it hard.
The Beyond Skyrim modders at DarkCreations intend to start with Bruma and piece-by-piece bring all of Cyrodiil into the game. The mod will feature new quests, creatures, and dungeons, and a storyline about Cyrodiil set at the time of Skyrim. From the description:
“This is only a small first taste of the larger project Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil – The Seat of Sundered Kings, an ...
- Skyrim Versus The Elder Scrolls Online IGN has an intriguing article comparing the Skyrim from Skyrim to the Skyrim from The Elder Scrolls Online. As you can see in the above image, the same locations tend to look a lot less grandiose.
IGN’s Leif Johnson had a lot of favorable things to say about how The Elder Scrolls Online experience invoked the feeling of earlier Elder Scrolls games, but wrote that even its best moments “Elder Scrolls Online only makes me homesick.”
“My journeys presented an unintended consequence–they made me want to boot up Skyrim to see the differences. Several hours in ESO can make you forget how vast ...
- What Type of Skyrim Packrat Are You? Do they have the show Hoarders: Buried Alive in Skyrim? Probably not, because they don’t have TV. But if they did it would probably be popular, because a lot of Skyrim players find themselves buried under their own collections of junk. Dorkly recently published a hilarious web comic about Skyrim packrats. Which kind are you?
Man, what am I going to do with all this dragonbone?
- Catch ‘Em All With Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvQ3SCbs_4
Have you ever been playing Skyrim and thought, “You know, this game is just not enough like Pokémon ?”
No? All right, just me then.
And the people that brought you the mod Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II, which lets you take any beast in Skyrim as a pet, level them up, and have them help you fight.
More than just a simple mod that makes animals follow you around, Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II adds complex systems where it’s important to keep the animals happy, you can keep a whole stable of critters, and you can breed them. Yeah, starting to ...
- Do Mages Have Less Fun in Skyrim? Does Bethesda hate mages? A recent article, where The Escapist’s Shamus Young makes just that point, is worth reading and discussing.
Young lists several points to support his theory, from mage robes being “stupid and boring,” to destruction skills not scaling with skill level.
“I’ve leveled numerous mages and numerous fighters. There’s no comparison. Melee isn’t just slightly ahead of magic. It’s massively, outrageously more powerful, safer, more expedient, more thrilling, and more profitable. Going from fighter to mage has a bigger impact on difficulty than the actual difficulty slider. As a fighter you’ll kill faster, have less between-fight downtime, see more ...
- Soar Through the Northern Ashlands in New Skywind Mod Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSj00dDCrw
I’ve been following the Skywind mod for a while now, and I don’t think any of the videos released so far have shown its potential better than this nearly finished look at the revamped Northern Ashlands. It’s just gorgeous, and it promises to get even better as the mod advances.
“Still a work in progress, and everything is subject to change. Keep in mind, many models are place holders and the ash will be darkened. I was also experimenting with the Dragonborn weather types, they too are not final,” wrote SquallyDaBeanz, the Skywind mod team member who uploaded the video.
The mod ...
- Is it Real? Or is it Skyrim?
Look at that beautiful hillside. Wouldn’t you just like to climb it? Have a picnic at the top?
If you did, you’d better be ready to fight a Blood Dragon before digging out the egg salad sandwiches, because this is a screenshot from Skyrim, with some heavy modding by Unreal.
Unreal has provided a guide to the mods to make Skyrim look this good. Check it out if you want to try some of them for yourself, or just drool over the tons of screenshots and videos available on the site.