Atlus is bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse to North America in the summer of 2016, the company announced today. They also revealed a special giveaway for those who preorder or manage to get a copy first-day: the first shipment of copies will contain three custom pins from out of the game. One depicts the symbol of Dagda (a god character from the game’s storyline) and the other two are self-explanatory Peace and Anarchy symbols. The pins are metal and .75″ in diameter each.
We’re told by Atlus you don’t need to be familiar with SMT IV to understand the plot of this game, though it’s kind of out there on its own.
Overlapping the story of the original SMT IV, the upcoming game focuses on a Hunter cadet protagonist who gets killed by one of the demons treating post-apocalyptic Tokyo as their personal playground. However, the mysterious god Dagda resurrects the protagonist in exchange for his fealty, and sets him on a perilous path that treads a fine line between peace and anarchy. Is Dagda simply an opportunistic lesser god or is he part of something much bigger? Find out when Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse arrives on Nintendo 3DS systems in the Americas this summer. Available physically and digitally for $49.99/CA$64.99.
- Divine Intrigue – Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners – Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons – Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
- Revamped Demon Fusion – Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat – Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.
There’s also a trailer for the new game as of now. Check it out below, and keep a lookout for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse on 3DS this summer.