- Catch ‘Em All With Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvQ3SCbs_4
Have you ever been playing Skyrim and thought, “You know, this game is just not enough like Pokémon ?”
No? All right, just me then.
And the people that brought you the mod Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II, which lets you take any beast in Skyrim as a pet, level them up, and have them help you fight.
More than just a simple mod that makes animals follow you around, Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II adds complex systems where it’s important to keep the animals happy, you can keep a whole stable of critters, and you can breed them. Yeah, starting to ...
- Why The Elder Scrolls Online Was Rated M by the ESRB
The earlier announcement of the rating was probably no surprise as it’s the same rating as Skyrim, but it’s interesting to see the justification for such things. According to the Entertainment Software Ratins Board’s recently released official synopsis, it looks as if violence, drunkenness, and some really awkward sexual innuendo sealed the deal.
This is a multiplayer online role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior in the fantastical world of Nirn. As players explore open-world environments, they can perform various quests and complete tasks. Characters use swords, arrows, axes, and magic attacks (e.g., lightning, fire attacks) to kill ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta is Streaming Now Watch live video from Towelliee on www.twitch.tv
If you aren’t in The Elder Scrolls Online beta, or just aren’t sure you’re ready to commit to trying it yet, you can still watch it, because now that the NDA is down various livestreams planned for the weekend.
Towelliee’s attempt is worth checking out. Tamriel Foundry also plans 24 hours of streaming at its site this weekend, which according to the site will be ” ranging from questing in areas not previously seen, high level content, veteran dungeons, group PvP, and more!”
If those don’t work for you, The Elder Scrolls Online has a big list ...
- Do Mages Have Less Fun in Skyrim? Does Bethesda hate mages? A recent article, where The Escapist’s Shamus Young makes just that point, is worth reading and discussing.
Young lists several points to support his theory, from mage robes being “stupid and boring,” to destruction skills not scaling with skill level.
“I’ve leveled numerous mages and numerous fighters. There’s no comparison. Melee isn’t just slightly ahead of magic. It’s massively, outrageously more powerful, safer, more expedient, more thrilling, and more profitable. Going from fighter to mage has a bigger impact on difficulty than the actual difficulty slider. As a fighter you’ll kill faster, have less between-fight downtime, see more ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend, Comes With Free Monkey Yep, as many suspected, The Elder Scrolls Online Beta is back on for this weekend. And as a special twist you can invite a friend to join in the fun.
If you’ve signed up for the beta check your inboxes for invites. According to a post on theelderscrollsonline.com you might find one not just for yourself, but an extra beta code you can send to a friend. And if you didn’t get one, but you’ve got a friend you know is in the beta, now is the time to start dropping some broad hints.
This will be the first beta event where ...
- Next Beta Coming ‘Very Soon,’ With Tons of Updates If you haven’t signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, now might be a good time. This weekend the official The Elder Scrolls Online Twitter account announced the next beta event will be announced “very soon.”
And when it comes back, it’ll come back with a huge list of updates, bugfixes, and improvements for the 0.18 version, according to a list of patch notes shared on Reddit. Highlights include:
• Thousands of fixes for quest issues across the entire game.
• Now after the tutorial completion, new characters will go directly to first alliance city where you will then have the choice to ...
- Fallout 4? Don’t Hold Your Breath If you love Skyrim, there’s a chance you might have sampled Bethesda’s other first-person RPG series and are hungry for more modern Fallout. Rock Paper Shotgun’s Nathan Grayson, showing some admirable pluck, recently tried to pin down Bethesda game Director Todd Howard, and it looks like your belly is going to rumble a little while longer.
“We don’t ,” Howard tokd Grayson, “but I think it’s gonna be a while.”
“We’ve gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we’re just trying to figure out which ...
- Soar Through the Northern Ashlands in New Skywind Mod Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSj00dDCrw
I’ve been following the Skywind mod for a while now, and I don’t think any of the videos released so far have shown its potential better than this nearly finished look at the revamped Northern Ashlands. It’s just gorgeous, and it promises to get even better as the mod advances.
“Still a work in progress, and everything is subject to change. Keep in mind, many models are place holders and the ash will be darkened. I was also experimenting with the Dragonborn weather types, they too are not final,” wrote SquallyDaBeanz, the Skywind mod team member who uploaded the video.
The mod ...
- Is it Real? Or is it Skyrim?
Look at that beautiful hillside. Wouldn’t you just like to climb it? Have a picnic at the top?
If you did, you’d better be ready to fight a Blood Dragon before digging out the egg salad sandwiches, because this is a screenshot from Skyrim, with some heavy modding by Unreal.
Unreal has provided a guide to the mods to make Skyrim look this good. Check it out if you want to try some of them for yourself, or just drool over the tons of screenshots and videos available on the site.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta NDA Has Been Lifted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtVnQsUCAc
Hold your tongues no longer. Over the weekend the NDA which had bound The Elder Scrolls Online beta testers was lifted by Zenimax and users have already started giving their impressions and sharing media they had prerecorded, like this long player video above.
The real action, however, will come during the next beta event, where users will be prepared to freely record, screencap, even livestream gameplay.
“There isn’t a beta event taking place now, but we’ll hold another soon–watch for invites. You’ll be free to capture and share footage and screenshots, stream your gameplay, and talk about the game wherever you’d like ...