- Are You Willing to Pay Separate Subscription Fees For Each Version of The Elder Scrolls Online? Unless you’re some kind of bling-covered Richie Rich gamer, looks like you’re going to have to pick a version and stick with it when it comes to The Elder Scrolls Online.
According to Crave Online, each version of The Elder Scrolls Online will require a separate subscription fee, so those that are playing it on PC will have to pay more to check it out on consoles and vice-versa. If this is the case when the console versions launch in June, it’ll be kind of a bummer for PC gamers that have friends that only play on those.
The info comes from ...
- PAX East: High Strangeness Doubles Down on Nostalgia by Evoking 8 and 16-bit RPGs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYsesK2n8J8
One of the more interesting RPGs to be shown at PAX East is Barnyard Intelligence Game’s High Strangeness. The homage to 8 and 16-bit Action RPGs has been in the maxing for quite a while, being the first video game ever funded on Kickstarter back in 2009.
The game’s double-dose retro nostalgia sees the player switch between 8-bit worlds that evoke Legend of Zelda and 16-bit worlds that look and play more like Secret of Mana. There are advantages to each state, and in some places the player must switch to solve puzzles.
In this video from Gamestop, Ben Shostak, lead developer ...
- PAX East: Transistor Release Date May 20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTik6sYT_BE
One of the most beautiful RPGs I played last year was Supergiant Games’ Bastion. The even more stylish follow-up, Transistor, now has a May 20 release date for PS4 and PC.
Supergiant announced the date in advance of this weekend’s PAX East in Boston, where it planned to allow attendees some hands-on time with a near-final build of the game at its booth.
The game will retail for $19.99 on PlayStation Network and Steam.
- Turbine Unlocks All Champions For Infinite Crisis In honor of PAX East being in their hometown of Boston, gamemaker Turbine has decided to open all champions for their game “Infinite Crisis”. In addition, Turbine is offering half-price for all augments, mods and stolen powers.
“Infinite Crisis” will have unlocked champions and half-price augments, mods and stolen powers only from April 9-16, 2014.
- Waste Your Time Fishing in The Elder Scrolls Online
I don’t understand why fishing in MMOs has always been so appealing to me. I don’t like fishing in real life, but when I fired up my first MMO, EverQuest, a fishing pole was one of the first items I obtained. As others were joining guilds and going on epic quests I stood by myself, happily catching virtual fish.
Fishing in The Elder Scrolls Online is, at least at the moment, a near complete waste of time. The rewards for it are just not enough to make it worth the effort. But there is still a whole guild dedicated directly to ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates Launch Day With New Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySC13H_2cE
This celebratory trailer for today’s official The Elder Scrolls Online PC and Mac launch doesn’t contain gameplay. But it does look awesome, so it’s worth checking out.
In addition to the trailer Game Director Matt Firor released this note to players:
Welcome to April 4, 2014! Today’s worldwide release of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC and Mac is a landmark day for our many fans and all of us here at ZeniMax Online Studios. I am incredibly proud of the team that has been working hard to bring Tamriel to life online and am extremely grateful for everyone in the ever-growing ...
- Someone Offered Their First-Born Child For a Beta Key, and Other Weird TESO Facts So how many mudcrabs would you have to kill to reach level 50 in The Elder Scrolls Online? Fortunately, Bethesda has helpfully provided the answer, as well as lots of other weird and funny trivia bits, in this huge infographic to celebrate the game’s impending PC and Mac launch. 32 hours to read all the books? I’d better get crackin.’
As a reminder, here are the launch times. Console players will have to wait until June.
North America (East): 7:00 PM EDT, Thursday, April 3rd–
UK/IE: 12:00 AM WEST, Thursday, April 4th–
Central Europe: 1:00 AM CEST, Thursday, April 4th–
Sydney, Australia: 10:00 AM AEDT, ...
- Will The Elder Scrolls Online Be Worth the Money? The Elder Scrolls Online is only a few days away from the official launch April 4, and that’s the question people are still asking. Bethesda is still defending its choice to go with a subscription model.
Bethesda’s Global Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations, Pete Hines, recently told Games.On.Net that the decision to charge a $15-a-month subscription fee was a mutual Bethesda and Zenimax decision.
“It would be fair to say it was a mutual decision,” said Hines. “It wasn’t like they decided it, and we didn’t mandate it. There was a lot of conversation around it.”
“I worry about it,” admits ...
- Spice Up Skyrim With Epic Gameplay Overhaul https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0p5VvngpI
Epic Gameplay Overhaul is a collection of mods by ApolloDown, all together in one package for convenience. The overall effect of the package on Skyrim is drastic.
The collection includes:
Dragon Combat Overhaul: This mod promises any dragon you encounter will be “a fearsome beast that will do anything it can to kill you,” by changing up the AI and giving the dragon’s new abilities.
Civil War Overhaul: This mod restores cut content from Skyrim’s civil war and adds consequences to how you do in battles. You can even lose the whole war.
Fire and Ice Overhaul: More natural and dynamic fire and ice ...
- Choose Your The Elder Scrolls Online Campaign Now Ahead of this weekend’s early access launch, Zenimax has released the names of the campaigns for The Elder Scrolls Online so players can make their picks and start planning early for the Alliance War PVP. It’s kind of like a late March Madness, but with siege weapons.
There are two campaigns for each name, one on the North American megaserver and one on the European megaserver. You need to level to 10 to participate in the Alliance War, but that shouldn’t take long. Then you can pick your home campaign. Coordinate with your friends and guild carefully, you don’t ...