- Skyrim Versus The Elder Scrolls Online IGN has an intriguing article comparing the Skyrim from Skyrim to the Skyrim from The Elder Scrolls Online. As you can see in the above image, the same locations tend to look a lot less grandiose.
IGN’s Leif Johnson had a lot of favorable things to say about how The Elder Scrolls Online experience invoked the feeling of earlier Elder Scrolls games, but wrote that even its best moments “Elder Scrolls Online only makes me homesick.”
“My journeys presented an unintended consequence–they made me want to boot up Skyrim to see the differences. Several hours in ESO can make you forget how vast ...
- Five Million People Have Registered for the The Elder Scrolls Online Beta The Elder Scrolls Online Director Matt Firor released a new letter today thanking players on the eve of this weekend’s final PC/Mac beta stress test. He has a lot of nice things to say, but one piece of info that stands out is that five million players have registered for the The Elder Scrolls Online beta.
“If you’re reading this, you’re probably one of the 5 million people that have registered for the ESO beta, and likely participated in one of our large beta tests. That’s a wonderfully large number of people who have become part of our ESO community, and ...
- Put Real-Life Elder Scrolls Books on Your Shelf With The Hero’s Guides to TESO
As a bibliophile or, if you want to put it more bro-tastically, bookworm, I’ve spent hours just reading the books in the Elder Scrolls games. And if you’re like me, I’m sure you’ll understand why I have never been more excited for a piece of Elder Scrolls merchandise than for this upcoming set, The Hero’s Guides to The Elder Scrolls Online.
The set contains three real-life books filled with Elder Scrolls illustrations and lore. Even if you don’t give a damn about the MMORPG, if you love the lore these would be gorgeous to have for a shelf.
The three books included ...
- Next The Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend A little bit low-key, but it was confirmed on Twitter yesterday that there will be another The Elder Scrolls Online beta event this weekend. Invites should be going out today.
The next #ESO beta event for PC/Mac will take place this coming weekend. We’ll send out invites tomorrow. Get excited!
Sign up for future beta events at https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/beta.
The official The Elder Scrolls Online Twitter also shared that this will be the last large-scale beta for PC/Mac and that beta events are coming for consoles “at a later date.”
The Elder Scrolls Online releases to the PC and Mac on April 4, 2014 and to ...
- Catch ‘Em All With Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvQ3SCbs_4
Have you ever been playing Skyrim and thought, “You know, this game is just not enough like Pokémon ?”
No? All right, just me then.
And the people that brought you the mod Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II, which lets you take any beast in Skyrim as a pet, level them up, and have them help you fight.
More than just a simple mod that makes animals follow you around, Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II adds complex systems where it’s important to keep the animals happy, you can keep a whole stable of critters, and you can breed them. Yeah, starting to ...
- Why The Elder Scrolls Online Was Rated M by the ESRB
The earlier announcement of the rating was probably no surprise as it’s the same rating as Skyrim, but it’s interesting to see the justification for such things. According to the Entertainment Software Ratins Board’s recently released official synopsis, it looks as if violence, drunkenness, and some really awkward sexual innuendo sealed the deal.
This is a multiplayer online role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior in the fantastical world of Nirn. As players explore open-world environments, they can perform various quests and complete tasks. Characters use swords, arrows, axes, and magic attacks (e.g., lightning, fire attacks) to kill ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta is Streaming Now Watch live video from Towelliee on www.twitch.tv
If you aren’t in The Elder Scrolls Online beta, or just aren’t sure you’re ready to commit to trying it yet, you can still watch it, because now that the NDA is down various livestreams planned for the weekend.
Towelliee’s attempt is worth checking out. Tamriel Foundry also plans 24 hours of streaming at its site this weekend, which according to the site will be ” ranging from questing in areas not previously seen, high level content, veteran dungeons, group PvP, and more!”
If those don’t work for you, The Elder Scrolls Online has a big list ...
- Do Mages Have Less Fun in Skyrim? Does Bethesda hate mages? A recent article, where The Escapist’s Shamus Young makes just that point, is worth reading and discussing.
Young lists several points to support his theory, from mage robes being “stupid and boring,” to destruction skills not scaling with skill level.
“I’ve leveled numerous mages and numerous fighters. There’s no comparison. Melee isn’t just slightly ahead of magic. It’s massively, outrageously more powerful, safer, more expedient, more thrilling, and more profitable. Going from fighter to mage has a bigger impact on difficulty than the actual difficulty slider. As a fighter you’ll kill faster, have less between-fight downtime, see more ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend, Comes With Free Monkey Yep, as many suspected, The Elder Scrolls Online Beta is back on for this weekend. And as a special twist you can invite a friend to join in the fun.
If you’ve signed up for the beta check your inboxes for invites. According to a post on theelderscrollsonline.com you might find one not just for yourself, but an extra beta code you can send to a friend. And if you didn’t get one, but you’ve got a friend you know is in the beta, now is the time to start dropping some broad hints.
This will be the first beta event where ...
- Next Beta Coming ‘Very Soon,’ With Tons of Updates If you haven’t signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, now might be a good time. This weekend the official The Elder Scrolls Online Twitter account announced the next beta event will be announced “very soon.”
And when it comes back, it’ll come back with a huge list of updates, bugfixes, and improvements for the 0.18 version, according to a list of patch notes shared on Reddit. Highlights include:
• Thousands of fixes for quest issues across the entire game.
• Now after the tutorial completion, new characters will go directly to first alliance city where you will then have the choice to ...