- The Elder Scrolls Online v1.3.3 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online’s third major content update, version 1.3.3, is now available for download. Lots of bug fixes and you can now dye your characters armor to look like Wolverine if you want.
According to ZeniMax in the patch notes:
“In this update, we’ve added armor dye stations where you can change the color of your armor with dyes you unlock through achievements. We’ve also added and improved many guild features including the addition of guild heraldry, guild traders, and improved guild management.”
“Another exciting change is the updates to our campaigns in Cyrodiil. We’ve implemented new campaign options, each with their ...
- RuneSky Mod Brings RuneScape to Skyrim
Are you one of those people who spent untold hours exploring the free browser-based MMORPG RuneScape? Then here’s a mod that will feel like coming home.
As seen in the video above RuneSky attempts to pay tribute to the free-form RuneScape experience, and to make it more immersive by bringing the 2D game into Skyrim’s 3D engine.
“This project is our way of paying homage to Runescape, as fans, for fans. This mod can in no way replace Runescape, or the last decade of wonderful gaming with Jagex LTD,” modder TripleSixes writes in the mod description.
It looks good so far, although it’s ...
- Five Reasons to Play The Elder Scrolls Online
There’s a lot of negativity about The Elder Scrolls Online at times, so it’s nice to see this positive take from GamesBrained.
Reasons given are:
Interesting crafting and economy.
Vampires and werewolves.
Any class can use any armor or any weapon.
It doesn’t waste your time.
So what do you think? Agree or disagree? Discuss the pros and cons of the game in our forums.
- Plan Your Trip to The Elder Scrolls’ Nirn With This Interactive Map You know how sometimes you’ll find something you didn’t even know you needed in your life? That’s how I feel about this amazing map by Mlendia Horatiu.
The map tries to show all of Nirn, the world where the Elder Scrolls games take place, in Google Maps fashion. That includes areas that we haven’t visited. The map’s creator is even adding some images of the cities as sort of a street-view effect.
The Elder Scrolls fans could argue indefinitely about the map’s accuracy, and they already have been arguing, because some elements of Nirn aren’t quite so nailed down. But it’s still an ...
- Make the Choice to Fight in This Dragon Age: Inquisition Combat Trailer
This new trailer on Dragon Age: Inquisition’s combat systems promises that player choice will be a factor even when you’re trying to crush some dude’s skull.
“Every encounter can be approached in a multitude of ways, using a combination of real-time action and the pause and play tactical camera,” the video narrator says.
Lots of shiny spells and abilities are on display. The overhead tactical camera also seems like a nice touch, adding what’s almost a strategy RPG element to the game. Hopefully there will be difficult combat to offset the increased player control.
Bioware has also announced that Dragon Age Keep, the ...
- Argonian Cosplay is Maybe a Little Too Good This Argonian cosplay is the work of a Russian cosplayer named Elena Nerium Olender. It’s almost a little too realistic. Like, I’m kind of scared for that dog.
Elena is a Russian makeup artist and costume designer. She’s a prolific cosplayer, and she doesn’t shy away from scary or shocking. Her deviantART page is filled with nightmare-inducing Silent Hill nurses, vampire ladies, and Sci-Fi inspired things I’m not sure I understand. On the other hand there are some nice pretty elves to soothe your brain.
Check out more pics of Elena as an Argonian in the gallery below. And check out her page ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online European Megaserver Moving, To Europe Yeah, The Elder Scrolls Online’s European megaserver has actually been in North America this whole time. Which I’m sure is something that our European friends know, as they’ve lived with the trans-continental lag and all.
But no more. On July 30th the Megaserver will be moving to a shiny new datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany.
Today Zenimax posted an update about the move, saying European players can expect significant downtime, from about 8:00AM EDT to 5:00PM EDT that day. The North American server will be unaffected.
European player characters will be unaffected by the move and there will be no patch or update to download ...
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Impresses at Comic-Con No footage yet of The Witcher 3’s first consumer demos at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, but first impressions from those that were there seem to be solid.
Games Radar provided an overview of the demo, saying it showed our hero, er, protagonist Geralt dealing with a trio of witches, a hulking werewolf, and dealing with an evil tree. There was one decision point in battle with the tree where Geralt can apparently decide to kill it or not, the demo player killed it. Also, apparently there were a few glitches with the voices in the demo, but luckily ...
- New Zones, Armors, and Gameplay Tweaks Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online
We’ve already talked about the new crime and punishment system coming to The Elder Scrolls Online, but more was announced at last week’s Future of The Elder Scrolls Online QuakeCon panel.
Dulfy.net was there, and took obsessively complete notes. Some highlights:
The Imperial City : You can see the zone in the video embedded above. This is a big PVP zone you’ll enter through the sewers, in an homage to Oblivion. You’ll be able to clear out enemy players and nasty Daedra bosses and minibosses infesting the city. The Arena, Aboretum, Market, and Temple Districts are represented, each with their own ...
- The Witcher 3’s Coming Out Party Will Be at Comic-Con
CD PROJEKT Red’s The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will have a major presence at this week’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, including the first public showing of the game.
The Witcher will be featured in a panel kicking off 10 a.m. Thursday morning at the show. The highlight will be the first ever consumer preview of the game. There will also be a peek at the Dark Horse comics based on The Witcher franchise. Panelists will include Doug Cockle (Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher franchise), Dark Horse Comics author Paul Tobin (The Witcher House of Glass), Nick McWhorter, CD PROJEKT RED’s ...