- Bethesda Defends The Elder Scrolls Online Console Delay Bethesda’s VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines would, I’m pretty sure, rather talk about Bethesda’s upcoming survival-horror offering The Evil Within than The Elder Scrolls Online console delay. But he’s not that lucky, and he spent a good portion of a recent interview about The Evil Within defending the decision to push the PS4 and Xbox One versions of TESO back six months.
“We’re not happy about it – obviously we much rather have the console version out in June. But it seemed like the right thing to do, and we did spend a little time working with the console folks ...
- Craglorn Out Now For ESO
The Elder Scrolls Online’s first major content update, Craglorn, was released yesterday for PC and Mac.
Craglorn opens up a whole new zone designed for four rank ten or above players, and introduces Trials, tough 12-player adventures with a limited number of resurrections.
Paul Sage, the game’s creative director, told IGN the Craglorn adventure zone is designed to be accessible, but the update also adds two Craglorn trials designed to provide a serious challenge for veteran players.
“Craglorn as a zone is not really a raid because it’s more tuned to a group of four, but our Trials in Craglorn, which we’re shipping ...
- Is TESO Still Coming to Consoles in 2014? Umm, Maybe
Zenimax still says its goal is to bring The Elder Scrolls Online this year, but it’s not making any promises.
The company had already delayed the game about six months from its June release date on Xbox One and PS4. June, as you may have noticed, is the sixth of twelve months, so the game was coming at the end of the year at best anyway.
Creative Director Paul Sage told IGN the plan is still to get it out this year, but also made no guarantees there wont be additional delays.
“I will tell you we are working round the clock to ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Craglorn Update Coming This Week Gamers will not have to wait much longer for the Craglorn update, which adds a new adventure zone and other additional content and functions to The Elder Scrolls Online.
Zenimax recently revealed that the target date for the release of the game’s first update is “Thursday or Friday,” according to IGN.
The game’s Creative Director Paul Sage said Zenimax’s plan to have new content updates every four to six weeks is “fairly on schedule.”
“I think we’re still at the tail-end of six weeks, I could be wrong there, it’s all a blur! But we’re either in the sixth week or the seventh ...
- New Cops: Skyrim Runs The Old Raffle Sting
The beauty of COPS: Skyrim from the Nerdist channel is how close it gets to actual reality cop shows. If you’re a fan of Cops, uh, not Skyrim, or similar shows, these scenarios are instantly familiar, from the standard domestic violence call to the weirdos and perverts.
My favorite in this latest season five episode is the Skyrim version of the old raffle sting. In real life, that’s when the cops call up a bunch of people with outstanding warrants and tell them they won a big prize. They all show up happily to claim their prize, and then they get ...
- Microsoft: MMOs Like ESO Will Still Require Xbox Live Gold Subscription on Xbox One Recent news that Xbox One was ditching the Xbox Live Gold requirement for services like Netflix had users wondering if it would still be required for paid MMOs like The Elder Scrolls Online and free-to-play games. And the answer is nope, at least not yet.
Joystiq asked Microsoft’s Phil Spencer about the issue:
“Right now we haven’t changed the policy on MMOs and free-to-play games,” Spencer said. While not getting into specifics, he noted that with some games there are “engineering constraints, policy constraints and partner constraints in each one of these scenarios,” so the decision to keep games behind the Xbox ...
- Is He Argonian? Godzilla Comes to Skyrim
Godzilla heard Skyrim was where all of the dragons hung out, and he wanted a piece of that action. He also brought Mechagodzilla to have someone to fight and Rodan to just generally fly around and be annoying. The scale of this mod by quechus13 is impressive, as is how completely outmatched the player is when he gets too close.
Nope, I couldn’t find this mod online for you to download, hopefully it will pop up soon.
- Elder Scrolls Online Team Says It Is Still Working on Bot Issue
It’s no secret that The Elder Scrolls Online is plagued by bots. Bots farming bosses and gold and generally getting in the way and breaking immersion. At one point game director Matt Firor said bots and other black market activity accounted for up to 85 percent of customer service complaints. The video linked above shows how annoying it can be.
In a blog post today, the ESO team said it is working on measures to combat the invasion.
“We currently find bots that are farming and remove them from the game as quickly as possible. We’re always looking at other methods to ...
- Console Versions of The Elder Scrolls Online Delayed Six Months If you were waiting to play The Elder Scrolls Online on consoles in June, you’re going to have to wait a lot longer. Bethesda has confirmed that the console versions have been delayed six months.
Bethesda released this official statement on the Xbox One and PS4 versions today:
“We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks — which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different ...
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Coming in November
Pokémon fans can look forward to a new Pokémon game soon. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, described as a “fresh take” on the original Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire Game Boy Advance Games from 2003, is coming in November 2014 for the Nintendo 3DS.
The full press release follows:
BELLEVUE, WA — May 7, 2014 — The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will launch worldwide in November 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon in a new adventure. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in ...