- New Cops: Skyrim Runs The Old Raffle Sting
The beauty of COPS: Skyrim from the Nerdist channel is how close it gets to actual reality cop shows. If you’re a fan of Cops, uh, not Skyrim, or similar shows, these scenarios are instantly familiar, from the standard domestic violence call to the weirdos and perverts.
My favorite in this latest season five episode is the Skyrim version of the old raffle sting. In real life, that’s when the cops call up a bunch of people with outstanding warrants and tell them they won a big prize. They all show up happily to claim their prize, and then they get ...
- Microsoft: MMOs Like ESO Will Still Require Xbox Live Gold Subscription on Xbox One Recent news that Xbox One was ditching the Xbox Live Gold requirement for services like Netflix had users wondering if it would still be required for paid MMOs like The Elder Scrolls Online and free-to-play games. And the answer is nope, at least not yet.
Joystiq asked Microsoft’s Phil Spencer about the issue:
“Right now we haven’t changed the policy on MMOs and free-to-play games,” Spencer said. While not getting into specifics, he noted that with some games there are “engineering constraints, policy constraints and partner constraints in each one of these scenarios,” so the decision to keep games behind the Xbox ...
- Is He Argonian? Godzilla Comes to Skyrim
Godzilla heard Skyrim was where all of the dragons hung out, and he wanted a piece of that action. He also brought Mechagodzilla to have someone to fight and Rodan to just generally fly around and be annoying. The scale of this mod by quechus13 is impressive, as is how completely outmatched the player is when he gets too close.
Nope, I couldn’t find this mod online for you to download, hopefully it will pop up soon.
- Elder Scrolls Online Team Says It Is Still Working on Bot Issue
It’s no secret that The Elder Scrolls Online is plagued by bots. Bots farming bosses and gold and generally getting in the way and breaking immersion. At one point game director Matt Firor said bots and other black market activity accounted for up to 85 percent of customer service complaints. The video linked above shows how annoying it can be.
In a blog post today, the ESO team said it is working on measures to combat the invasion.
“We currently find bots that are farming and remove them from the game as quickly as possible. We’re always looking at other methods to ...
- Console Versions of The Elder Scrolls Online Delayed Six Months If you were waiting to play The Elder Scrolls Online on consoles in June, you’re going to have to wait a lot longer. Bethesda has confirmed that the console versions have been delayed six months.
Bethesda released this official statement on the Xbox One and PS4 versions today:
“We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks — which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different ...
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Coming in November
Pokémon fans can look forward to a new Pokémon game soon. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, described as a “fresh take” on the original Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire Game Boy Advance Games from 2003, is coming in November 2014 for the Nintendo 3DS.
The full press release follows:
BELLEVUE, WA — May 7, 2014 — The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will launch worldwide in November 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon in a new adventure. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online’s First Emperor Speaks
Theelderscrollsonline.com has an interview with the first player to be crowned “Emperor” in the game, an impressive feat that requires dominating the Alliance War and the leaderboards, but at least you get a sweet set of custom armor.
The first Emperor is Morkulth, an Altmer sorcerer from the Entropy Rising guild. Morkulth’s strategy for becoming an Emperor involved lots of help from Entropy Rising and PRX, lots of time invested, and lots of trail mix to get him through long gaming sessions.
“I prepared by having lots of trail mix at hand if the fight was to go into the late hours ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Lore, In Compressed Form
Got a minute? Then that’s enough time to catch up on the lore of The Elder Scrolls Online with this cool video. Relive all the shenanigans that led up to you losing your soul, and why you, and about a million other like you, are the only hope to stop Molag Bal.
- Mod Adds Prettier Teeth to Skyrim’s Dentistry-Deprived Denizens Are you tired of looking at those rotten brown stumps that are in every Skyrim citizen’s mouth? Be grossed out no longer, the Teeth Plus mod is here to fix Skyrim’s smiles.
The mod by urgarulga turns the low res teeth models into something more high-res and appealing. It’s a minor thing, but tweaking the experience in whatever ways you want is what’s so cool about Skyrim modding.
Grab the mod here.
- The Skywind Mod is Drawing Ever Closer to Adding Morrowind to Skyrim
Here’s a nice new video showing off some of the latest work on the Skywind mod, a mod which puts the lands of Morrowind in the Skyrim engine.
More information about the mods, including how you can help out, is available at the mod’s official site http://tesrenewal.com/