- Meet Final Fantasy Type-0 HD’s ‘Traitors of Orience’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya90P3vxwvQ
I have to admire Square Enix’s commitment to world-building in its latest pair of trailers for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
It’d be easy to just show some glamor shots of this rezzed-up PSP title, but instead we have what’s styled as a “public enemies” propaganda broadcast from the game’s government, accusing the game’s heroes of treason. This trailer is styled as the government’s response to an earlier trailer that showed the protagonists in a positive light.
There’s a bunch of stuff about a war and running around and mechs in these trailers, too, with some incredibly melodramatic, out-of-context dialogue. Maybe it’ll be ...
- Ciri Will Be Second Playable Character in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEO2xZ7BzQ
Looks like Geralt won’t be tackling his new adventure alone in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. CD Projekt RED has revealed the game’s second playable character, Ciri.
This is how Ciri is described in the announcement press release:
Ciri, the ashen-haired girl from an ancient prophecy, is a descendant in a long lost elven blood lineage. The girl is a living and highly volatile weapon capable of both destroying and healing the fragile world she currently inhabits. Emotionally connected to Geralt, the girl is pursued by the titular Wild Hunt, a cavalcade of ghastly riders capable of unspeakable destruction, and by the ...
- Show Your Respect For the Daedra With Shrine of Malacath Statue Malacath is “the god of curses, the betrayed and ostracized.” So of course he’ll make a fine mantle piece for your tastefully decorated home.
This new Skyrim-inspired statue from Gaming Heads captures the outsider Daedric Lord in all his terrible glory. The statue is 15 inches tall and will set you back $199 for a standard gray polystone edition. For $209.99 you can class things up considerably, adding a faux-bronze finish to the statue.
You can find out more here at Gaming Heads.
- ZeniMax Encourages ESO Players to Try Undaunted Daily Quests If all you know about Undaunted quests in ESO is that some players get scary monster masks from them, ZeniMax wants to change that. It has produced a guide to help those who haven’t tried the undaunted quests jump in.
The guide explains how to sign up for the Undaunted quests, only available to level 45 and up characters, which involves signing a pledge to take on tough foes. There are two ranks for the pledges, the standard that open up at level 45 and the Veteran Rank pledges that are only available at Veteran Rank I.
And it also goes into ...
- Square Enix Confirms FFX/X-2 HD Remaster Coming to PS4 After trolling PlayStation Experience attendees over the weekend with a big Final Fantasy VII reveal that just turned out to be a port for PS4, not the HD remake nerds have long dreamed of, Square Enix is now on a porting roll.
The company has today confirmed rumors that it will be releasing the remastered versions of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 HD on PS4 as well. There’s no indication that these will be anything other than the HD versions we’ve already seen on PS3 and Vita, though.
Square Enix also released pricing for its PS4 ports. FFVII, in all ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Patches Out Awkward Silences, Gender Confusion and Other Bugs Yesterday, BioWare released a patch for Dragon Age: Inquisition that was intended to fix one of the more annoying bugs in the game.
When you get the bug instead of having a snappy conversation and moving on to their next line the other player says their line and looks soulfully into your eyes, waiting for a response that you can’t make until the awkward silence is just too, too much. Usually you have to skip a line of dialogue to get out of it.
The update also patches some more hilarious bugs dealing with gender, where at times the game will think ...
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been delayed once again.
The ambitious open-world RPG’s release date has been moved from Feb. 24 to May 19, 2015. This is the second setback for Geralt’s third adventure, which was originally supposed to hit in May, 2014.
CD Projekt Red released and open letter to fans explaining and apologizing for the decision:
Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.
The sheer size ...
- New Trailer and Second Playable Character for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEO2xZ7BzQ
At last week’s Game Awards, CD Projekt RED revealed a brand new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and hinted that one of the characters in the trailer would be playable in addition to Geralt.
Our money is on the white-haired girl, who is apparently Ciri, the one Geralt mentions having elder blood in her veins. She seems to have the most developed combat moves and costume. It could be Geralt’s long-time ebony-haired squeeze Yennefer, as well, or the bro Geralt is broing it up with at the end. I hope it’s not the bro, he seems like a clone ...
- Don’t Look For Fallout 4 News at Tonight’s Game Awards Hoping for some Fallout 4 news at tonight’s The Game Awards (formerly known as the VGAs)? Sorry to disappoint you, but that’s got a Brahmin’s chance in Deathclaw nest of happening.
Bethesda spokesman Pete Hines crushed our hopes and dreams in a recent tweet:
I'm getting asked a lot about this week and what we're doing. Going to VGX to support MachineGames. That's it. Not showing anything.
— Pete Hines (@DCDeacon) December 3, 2014
MachineGames makes Wolfenstein: The New Order. It’s kind of like Skyrim, with guns, but then take out the Skyrim.
The awards start tonight at 9 p.m. ET. They aren’t televised ...
- Zenimax Says It Will Have News About ESO on Consoles Next Year Working for this site, I check for Elder Scrolls Online news every day. And just about every day, I see one or more sites promoting fake release dates for ESO on consoles. It’s like a cottage industry of lies.
Well, here we finally have some real news. ESO won’t be out this year on consoles. ZeniMax doesn’t even plan to make more major announcements about it until 2015. Yes, that is way past the six months they promised they’d have to wait after the PS4 and Xbox One versions missed their June launch date.
This official announcement comes from Matt Firor’s The ...