- Final Fantasy VI Out Now For iOS For RPG gamers of the 16-bit era, there was no greater event than the release of Final Fantasy VI. I still remember the feeling of anticipation as I waited for its release, and the exhilaration the first time I watched the opening scene. I felt like an amazing adventure was about to start and I was not disappointed.
Does it hold up today? You can find out for yourself. Square Enix just re-released it for iOS devices. Joining the earlier Android version, the iOS version is midway between a faithful port and a re-imagining of the original, with old sprite art replaced ...
- Devs Say Rolling Imperial Won’t Give Players an Unfair Advantage in The Elder Scrolls Online Worried that those who put down the cash to buy the Imperial Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online will have an advantage over those that go for the cheaper editions? Don’t be, according to a post on theelderscrollsonline.com.
According to the post, playing as an Imperial is a primarily an opportunity to set yourself “visually apart” in the game.
“Gameplay benefits within this edition have been designed to avoid bestowing unfair advantages over players who do not purchase this special edition. This is cool content designed for some of our biggest fans who wish to have something different from other collector’s editions ...
- Three New South Park: Stick of Truth Videos Released http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCDmFgV49Rg
Ubisoft recently released three new videos from Obsidian Entertainment’s South Park: The Stick of Truth, including a TV Spot.
The videos mostly focus on storyline segments, which look and sound just like the show. Except they don’t bleep the F-word in the “Return of Mr. And Mrs. Hanky,” so consider it NSFW. That trailer also features a bit of gameplay, as your character, the “New Kid,” and Princess Kenny explore sewers from a side-view perspective.
For most players the South Park license will be the major draw with this game. Series creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker are heavily involved, after all. ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition Unboxing Video Released http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqiEvH4iC0M#
If simply reading about the “Imperial Edition” of The Elder Scrolls Online isn’t enough to get you to pre-order it, theelderscrollsonline.com just released an unboxing video in the hope seeing all the goodies will change your mind. Wow, either the box is huge or Lead Loremaster Lawrence Schick, who does the unboxing, is a tiny, tiny man.
In the video, Schick confirms a couple of key points. The Imperial Edition will in fact be the only way to play as an Imperial. And the physical version will be very limited.
“You need to nab this sucker while you can, because we’re only going ...
- New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer So Retro it Hurts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA
Another Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII trailer? This one’s worth it, though, trust me.
The eight-minute Lightning Returns “Retro-spective” trailer recaps the story of the Final Fantasy XIII to date with an art style that’s reminiscent of 16-bit Final Fantasy classics. Relive the memories from Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Get caught up before the new game. Or just melt from Super NES nostalgia. I know I’m not the only one that wishes this were an actual playable version of the game.
Lightning Returns wraps up the story that began with Final Fantasy XIII, focusing on Lightning awakening from hibernation 500 ...
- TESO Imperial Editions and Pre-Order Bonuses Officially Announced Along with New Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVMNQozxqos
Today Bethesda Softworks made it official. That snazzy “Imperial Edition” of The Elder Scrolls Online that you’ve been seeing pictures of is real, it costs $99.99, and you can pre-order it now for your platform of choice.
Various retailers are already taking pre-orders for the standard and Imperial editions of the game, and Bethesda also announced the opening of an online store where one can pre-order the digital versions of the standard and Imperial editions.
According to Bethesda’s release, your hundred bucks gets you these extras in the “extremely limited” physical edition.
Molag Bal Statue. A 12” statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of ...
- Might & Magic X: Legacy Sends You On A Journey Into Yesteryear For the first time in 12 long years, the popular Might & Magic franchise is back in action with a significant sequel, “Might & Magic X: Legacy” – and the first since international video game company Ubisoft took over the reins of the series – only with a different twist of a first person view.
You are put in charge of a party of four – specifically, a Defender, a Druid, a Freemage and a Rune Priest – as you embark on your tour of the land of Ashan where you will try to determine the fate of the ancient city ...
- Stylish Slaying Featured in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer
It’s less than three weeks now until Lightning returns in, uh, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and Square Enix has released a new trailer to whet your appetite.
The new trailer focuses on the game’s revamped Style-Change Active Time Battle system, which offers real-time control over FFXIII fan-favorite Lightning, with the ability to evade, stagger, change abilities with flashy wardrobe changes, and make other strategic choices in battle.
Lightning Returns wraps up the story that began with Final Fantasy XIII about as definitively as possible, focusing on Lightning awakening from hibernation 500 years after the end of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and 13 ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Announced http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-Jun_uRFQ
The Elder Scrolls Online team just announced the voice cast for the upcoming game, and they haven’t skimped on the star power.
The cast list includes some big celebrity names whose faces you would recognize such as John Cleese (“Monty Python,” “A Fish Called Wanda”) and Kate Beckinsale (“Underworld”), as well as some voice actors whose voices you would recognize from prominent animation projects and other video games, like Jennifer Hale (“Mass Effect” series, “Tales of Symphonia,” you name it she’s probably in it).
According to a post at elderscrollsonline.com:
“John Cleese plays Sir Cadwell, the cheerful and endearingly mad lost soul who is ...
- Find the ‘Origins of Madness’ in Guild Wars 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrVVkHmwt4
Are you hooked on Guild Wars 2? Hope you aren’t trying to get clean, because this news isn’t going to help you shake that monkey.
Guild Wars developers NCSOFT and ArenaNet have announced that today is the start of the free-to-play MMORPG’s first living world update of 2014, “Origins of Madness.” Origins of Madness puts players up against Guild Wars villain Scarlet Briar, and promises massive boss battles as players learn more about her scheme to “tear Tyria apart.”
NCSOFT’s press release explains that the scenario includes two major events:
“On one front, players must journey to the mountains of Lornar’s Pass where ...