- Fallout 4? Don’t Hold Your Breath If you love Skyrim, there’s a chance you might have sampled Bethesda’s other first-person RPG series and are hungry for more modern Fallout. Rock Paper Shotgun’s Nathan Grayson, showing some admirable pluck, recently tried to pin down Bethesda game Director Todd Howard, and it looks like your belly is going to rumble a little while longer.
“We don’t ,” Howard tokd Grayson, “but I think it’s gonna be a while.”
“We’ve gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we’re just trying to figure out which ...
- Soar Through the Northern Ashlands in New Skywind Mod Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSj00dDCrw
I’ve been following the Skywind mod for a while now, and I don’t think any of the videos released so far have shown its potential better than this nearly finished look at the revamped Northern Ashlands. It’s just gorgeous, and it promises to get even better as the mod advances.
“Still a work in progress, and everything is subject to change. Keep in mind, many models are place holders and the ash will be darkened. I was also experimenting with the Dragonborn weather types, they too are not final,” wrote SquallyDaBeanz, the Skywind mod team member who uploaded the video.
The mod ...
- Is it Real? Or is it Skyrim?
Look at that beautiful hillside. Wouldn’t you just like to climb it? Have a picnic at the top?
If you did, you’d better be ready to fight a Blood Dragon before digging out the egg salad sandwiches, because this is a screenshot from Skyrim, with some heavy modding by Unreal.
Unreal has provided a guide to the mods to make Skyrim look this good. Check it out if you want to try some of them for yourself, or just drool over the tons of screenshots and videos available on the site.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Beta NDA Has Been Lifted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtVnQsUCAc
Hold your tongues no longer. Over the weekend the NDA which had bound The Elder Scrolls Online beta testers was lifted by Zenimax and users have already started giving their impressions and sharing media they had prerecorded, like this long player video above.
The real action, however, will come during the next beta event, where users will be prepared to freely record, screencap, even livestream gameplay.
“There isn’t a beta event taking place now, but we’ll hold another soon–watch for invites. You’ll be free to capture and share footage and screenshots, stream your gameplay, and talk about the game wherever you’d like ...
- Mythical Pokémon Diancie Coming Soon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGXa9IJetY
The Pokémon Company recently revealed a new Pokémon, Diancie, that will play a role in the upcoming Pokémon movie Pokémon XY the Movie: The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie and will be featured in Pokémon X and Y, for the 3DS although details of how to obtain Diancie haven’t been shared yet.
As a mythical Pokémon, Diancie can’t be obtained through normal gameplay. Diancie is a rock-and-fairy type and is described in a press release thusly:
“Known to boast the greatest beauty in all the world, Diancie’s body glitters pink, captivating the hearts of many. During battle, Diancie can produce a great volume of diamonds instantaneously by compressing air ...
- Reminder, No Open Beta for The Elder Scrolls Online If you haven’t signed up for The Elder Scrolls Online beta yet, content in your certainty that there will be an open beta before the game launches, I have the unfortunate task of disillusioning you. There will be no open beta.
From the game’s support FAQ, updated last week:
We will not be holding a traditional open beta, but if you sign up to participate in the ESO beta prior to launch and are eligible per our Terms of Service, you will get an invite to a future beta event. We will be holding several very large beta sessions that include beta ...
- Designing The Dark Anchors of The Elder Scrolls Online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMthHs4BPw
In The Elder Scrolls Online, the Dark Anchors are Molag Bal’s attempt to yank Tamriel to his Oblivion Plane Coldharbour. And also a chance for players to team up and kick some Daedric ass.
Theelderscrollsonline.com has a new developer diary talking about what went into designing the Dark Anchors and what they mean to the The Elder Scrolls Online world.
“When we set out to create the Dark Anchor encounters, we had specific goals in mind. We wanted them to be an immediate, obvious reminder that Tamriel is in danger—something you could see in the world to make you realize just how ...
- Spend 15 Minutes Exploring Tamriel in This The Elder Scrolls Online Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szyV_raXB24
Many of the Elder Scrolls Online previews that are showing up focus on the combat or the gameplay or the quests, but in this delightful video from Dan Bull, the first priority is seeing as much as Tamriel as possible.
“One of the main reasons I love the Elder Scrolls games is the adventuring and exploring, so that’s what we’re going to do today,” Bull says before attempting to run from the northwest to the northeast of the map, ignoring quests and running away from crocodiles and other baddies. He doesn’t make it, but he finds a lot to see along ...
- Hands On Previews for The Elder Scrolls Online Coming In http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9srNawmfA
Gaming press impressions of the The Elder Scrolls Online are now popping up all over the place.
The impressions are all over the place, too, ranging from “boring” to a “a lot of fun.”
One of the more positive previews comes from The Game Fanatics, which also posted the 10 minute preview video you see above. The Game Fanatics call The Elder Scrolls Online “better than Skyrim” and praised the combat.
“The best part of TESO is that the combat is vastly improved over Skyrim. This is largely because you can finally have more than just two things equipped at a time. You have your ...
- Final Fantasy VI Out Now For iOS For RPG gamers of the 16-bit era, there was no greater event than the release of Final Fantasy VI. I still remember the feeling of anticipation as I waited for its release, and the exhilaration the first time I watched the opening scene. I felt like an amazing adventure was about to start and I was not disappointed.
Does it hold up today? You can find out for yourself. Square Enix just re-released it for iOS devices. Joining the earlier Android version, the iOS version is midway between a faithful port and a re-imagining of the original, with old sprite art replaced ...