- ZeniMax Spruces Up ESO With New Patch The Elder Scrolls Online has a new incremental patch out now. For such a big game, however, even an incremental patch is a monster.
It shouldn’t, however, be a 12 GB monster. There was a bug that pushed it out in that large size. Instructions for dealing with that are here.
The patch primarily fixes quests, adjusts monsters and makes audio improvements. The full patch notes are below.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.5.6 is an incremental patch that has addressed issues in Cyrodiil and a number of quests. We have also adjusted the health and power of monsters in dungeons scaled to at ...
- Get the ESO Undaunted Equipment That’s Right For You The Elder Scrolls Online’s fifth update recently added new “Undaunted” daily challenges with some sweet rewards, including armor and helms that’ll make you look like something from Where the Wild Things Are.
As part of the Undaunted quests, players can earn gear by fighting bosses or by completing daily challenges, called “pledges,” that give you bronze, silver and gold keys depending on how you do on them. Gold is the best, of course.
But what gear should you be shooting for? It depends on your class and role, but Tamriel Foundry has put up a nice guide to all of the Undaunted ...
- Check Out Today’s ESO Live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_uvZpt-9Uk
A kindly YouTuber has helpfully captured today’s ESO Live Livestream for posterity, so peruse at your leisure. Get some insight into the game from ZeniMax staff and some hints about upcoming updates.
On the agenda for the livestream we have:
Fan creation showcase with 3D Environment Artist Karin LaPadula
Interview with fan composer Armin Gutjahr
Life at ZOS with Associate Systems Designer Chris Balser
Upcoming community-run events
ESO merchandise preview and newly-added items
News recap and update
- Fallout Fans Make Own Vault for Post-Apocalyptic Birthday Party One Fallout fan was turning 30, so he poured himself a stiff drink and reflected on the end of his youth, right? No! He and his wife rebuilt their garage door into an elaborate recreation of a Vault-Tec Vault Door, christened their home Vault 30, and had a huge birthday/Halloween party for all of their friends.
The Vault Door was made out of particle board and cardboard, and was lovingly defaced with “Tunnel Snakes Rule!” graffiti after it was finished.
Inside the couple set up computers showing Fallout Pip-Boy screens, a Vault Boy cake, Nukla Cola bottles, and other appropriate decorations and ...
- Dwemer Spheres the Latest ESO Loyalty Reward The latest goodie for players have stuck with The Elder Scrolls Online for six months is – another vanity pet. Huh.
At least it’s a cool one! The Dwemer Sphere started rolling out (sorry, couldn’t resist) this week. It follows you around and does Dwemery stuff and that’s neat and all. But we’re hoping we can get something more substantial for our loyalty soon.
ZeniMax rolled the loyalty program out in September with another vanity pet, the High Hrothgar Wraith. The loyalty rewards are only for those that have the required cumulative subscription time, but don’t worry. You haven’t missed out if ...
- Elder Scrolls Online Still Coming to Consoles ZeniMax has gone so silent on the delayed PS4 and Xbox One versions of The Elder Scrolls Online that you’d be forgiven for thinking that they’d been quietly canceled.
But thanks to a plucky fan who can count to six and noticed that ZeniMax’s “six month” delay was nearly up with no news, we have a sign of life. ZeniMax responded on Twitter to say the console versions are still a thing.
“Please rest assured: we are still hard at work on the console versions of #ESO and look forward to sharing more information soon!” the Tweet reads.
No new date was given ...
- Crossing Souls is an 80s-O-Rama RPG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWP0oiOF74
If you were an 80s kid, the new trailer for Devolver Digital’s upcoming RPG Crossing Souls is going to overload your visual cortex with a concentrated dose of nostalgia. Wicked headrush, man.
The game follows five kids on an RPG adventure in 1986 California. As you can see, the unique art style evokes Earthbound as well as 1980s animation. They even put a super serious voice-over and some tape tracking issues in the trailer, a nice touch.
Here’s how the developers described the storyline of the game in a press release:
These remarkable kids will defy the laws of nature to interact between ...
- A Quick Primer to the Gap Between Dragon Age II and Dragon Age: Inquisition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXX3omLY_JM
Here’s a quick video showing how the end of Dragon Age II led to the beginning of Dragon Age: Inquisition. That whole mage rebellion thing went over even worse than you would have thought, and the situation at the beginning of the new game is a powder keg waiting to blow.
Dragon Age: Inquisition is out Tuesday on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Now Available for Early Play on EA Access Dragon Age: Inquisition doesn’t come out until Tuesday. But you can play it right now if you meet certain conditions.
First, you need an Xbox One. Second, you need a subscription to EA’s EA Access service, which is a $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year service that allows access to EA Vault titles and five days early access to upcoming EA games.
If you can tick those off, you get to download the full Dragon Age: Inquisition game and play it for six hours. Yeah, that’s all you get, which is just getting started in what’s reportedly an 80 or ...
- I Saw a Cute Plush Mudcrab For Sale the Other Day, Horrible Creatures Admit it, when laid eyes on your first filthy, obviously smelly, muck eating mudcrab, all you could think was, “I want to snuggle with that.” And then it attacked you, of course.
Well, now you can do your snuggling. Gaming Heads has made a cute plush mudcrab you can call your very own. Even better, if you play The Elder Scrolls Online, it comes with a code for a free mudcrab vanity pet.
Your own mudcrab costs $19.99. You can buy it here. Happy snuggling.