- Argonian Cosplay is Maybe a Little Too Good This Argonian cosplay is the work of a Russian cosplayer named Elena Nerium Olender. It’s almost a little too realistic. Like, I’m kind of scared for that dog.
Elena is a Russian makeup artist and costume designer. She’s a prolific cosplayer, and she doesn’t shy away from scary or shocking. Her deviantART page is filled with nightmare-inducing Silent Hill nurses, vampire ladies, and Sci-Fi inspired things I’m not sure I understand. On the other hand there are some nice pretty elves to soothe your brain.
Check out more pics of Elena as an Argonian in the gallery below. And check out her page ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online European Megaserver Moving, To Europe Yeah, The Elder Scrolls Online’s European megaserver has actually been in North America this whole time. Which I’m sure is something that our European friends know, as they’ve lived with the trans-continental lag and all.
But no more. On July 30th the Megaserver will be moving to a shiny new datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany.
Today Zenimax posted an update about the move, saying European players can expect significant downtime, from about 8:00AM EDT to 5:00PM EDT that day. The North American server will be unaffected.
European player characters will be unaffected by the move and there will be no patch or update to download ...
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Impresses at Comic-Con No footage yet of The Witcher 3’s first consumer demos at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, but first impressions from those that were there seem to be solid.
Games Radar provided an overview of the demo, saying it showed our hero, er, protagonist Geralt dealing with a trio of witches, a hulking werewolf, and dealing with an evil tree. There was one decision point in battle with the tree where Geralt can apparently decide to kill it or not, the demo player killed it. Also, apparently there were a few glitches with the voices in the demo, but luckily ...
- New Zones, Armors, and Gameplay Tweaks Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online
We’ve already talked about the new crime and punishment system coming to The Elder Scrolls Online, but more was announced at last week’s Future of The Elder Scrolls Online QuakeCon panel.
Dulfy.net was there, and took obsessively complete notes. Some highlights:
The Imperial City : You can see the zone in the video embedded above. This is a big PVP zone you’ll enter through the sewers, in an homage to Oblivion. You’ll be able to clear out enemy players and nasty Daedra bosses and minibosses infesting the city. The Arena, Aboretum, Market, and Temple Districts are represented, each with their own ...
- The Witcher 3’s Coming Out Party Will Be at Comic-Con
CD PROJEKT Red’s The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will have a major presence at this week’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, including the first public showing of the game.
The Witcher will be featured in a panel kicking off 10 a.m. Thursday morning at the show. The highlight will be the first ever consumer preview of the game. There will also be a peek at the Dark Horse comics based on The Witcher franchise. Panelists will include Doug Cockle (Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher franchise), Dark Horse Comics author Paul Tobin (The Witcher House of Glass), Nick McWhorter, CD PROJEKT RED’s ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Delayed Time for a boo and maybe a hiss. Dragon Age: Inquisition has been delayed until more than a month, from October 7 to Nov. 18.
This is the word from the game’s executive producer, Mark Darrah.
I’m writing to let you know that Dragon Age: Inquisition has a new release date of November 18, 2014 in North America (November 21st in EU). We appreciate the enormous support we’ve received from all of you to get to this point, and while this extra few weeks may not seem like a lot, I know the game you’ll play will be all the better for ...
- Crime Must Pay The Penalty in Upcoming TESO Update
The Elder Scrolls Online Team showed off a new crime and punishment system coming to the game, a system that will feel pleasantly familiar to Skyrim players.
At this point in the game Tamriel is a bit of a socialist hippy commune. There are items lying around that just anyone can take, apparently community owned.
But, as shown in this video from “The Future of TESO,” panel at last week’s QuakeCon, under the criminal system being introduced those items will now be listed as stolen. And if you get caught stealing them you’ll be accosted by a guard and can pay your ...
- New Guar Plush is Cute, Sturdy Bethesda recently showed off this bit of cuteness, a guar plush based off the version of Morrowind’s favorite pack animal from The Elder Scrolls Online.
The plush guar is being made by Gaming Heads. It’ll set you back $20.
As a bonus, the guar also comes with a code for The Elder Scrolls Online that can be used to get your a digital guar pet in the game.
I guess you could also make a wild guar equivalent with some scissors, if you wanted. The white guar might take some more customization.
- The Elder Scrolls Online is Now Available on Steam Kicking off QuakeCon, this week’s celebration of all things id and also ZeniMax, is the announcement that The Elder Scrolls Online will finally be available on Steam, the popular digital games platform.
Both the standard and Imperial editions will be available through Steam. To celebrate the addition the game will be 50 percent off through July 21, 10 a.m. PT.
The game’s Steam page is here.
Expect more TESO news as QuakeCon rolls on. A panel called The Future of TESO is scheduled for 5 p.m. CDT tomorrow, and TESO developers will give some insight into where the ame is going. You can ...
- TESO Takes On QuakeCon QuakeCon starts tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. Now, although you might reason that this is a con for people to sit around play Quake, and only the original Quake (it’s not called Quake 2 con after all), it’s not.
ZeniMax now owns Quake creator Id software and QuakeCon, so expecting to see Elder Scrolls stuff there is like expecting to see Big Macs at McDonald’s.
The QuakeCon The Elder Scrolls Online events will include a panel on the future of the game, and there may be some juicy announcements. You can watch the panel and some of the other events live on Twitch.tv/bethesda.
Here is ...