- Explore Morrowind’s Revamped Bitter Coast in New Skywind Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBGJmOChIh8
This new video from the Skywind project makes me want to check tree stumps for rings. The Bitter Coast has never looked prettier than it does in the Skyrim engine, thanks to the Skywind modders ambitious goal of recreating Morrowind in the Skyrim engine.
The Skywind project is a volunteer effort that seeks to create a technologically updated The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, modifying the Skyrim engine to recreate the other-worldly feel of Vvardenfell and adding improvements including voice acting.
You can find out more about the Skywind project at https://tesrenewal.com/.
- Original Dragon Quest Now Out On Mobile
We’re going super old school today. I first played Dragon Quest back when it was localized as Dragon Warrior, on the NES. It was the start of a life-long addiction, one that went from early JRPGs, to more complex computer RPGs, to Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games, of course. It’s why I was up at 7 a.m. Wednesday morning trying to beat Aec’Letec in Baldur’s Gate, even though I had to work.
And now it’s moved from the humble technology of the past to your fancy tablets and phones.
“Dragon Quest is an extremely pivotal title within the industry; not only was it ...
- Fallout: New Vegas Mods Create Beautiful Insanity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoBSB9HBofQ
We will cover the poop out of Fallout 4 if any news ever gets officially announced, but in the meantime there’s not much to do in that area but look back at older Fallout games. And mod the hell out of them.
A Jolly Wanker (not an insult, that’s his real YouTube handle) installed as many mods as he could and tried to play Fallout New Vegas. It was a glorious disaster.
The first challenge his robot character was getting more than a few feet past the starting house, which was suddenly overrun by aliens and space marines. Fortunately the nearby area ...
- Wasteland 2 Gets New Trailer Ahead of Sept. 19 Release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hPDdLMuN0
You know that kind of RPG you like? The one with all the choice and consequence and clever writing, the one that’s about more than grinding or mashing a button or mapping a dungeon. That kind of RPG owes a lot to the original Wasteland, the 1987 post-apocalyptic RPG that was the inspiration for the Fallout series. This month its’ getting a sequel after 27 years, and some masters of THAT kind of RPG are on board.
inXile’s Wasteland 2 is directed by Brian Fargo, director of the original Wasteland and executive producer of Fallout, and one of the designers is ...
- Skyrim Cabbage Trickshot, With Bow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cvSp2CtLxE
Sometimes the things you do in Skyrim are pointless. Sometimes they’re amazing. And sometimes they are both.
Case in point, this Skyrim cabbage trickshot by Rabbit’s Respawn. Who knows how many tries it took him to knock a cabbage across a keep with an arrow into a tiny bucket, but he did it, damn it. He believed in himself, he did it, and that’s something to be proud of.
Our forum members have small victories like this every day. Join us and check it out.
- Layoffs at The Elder Scrolls Online Developer ZeniMax Online Studios, the developer behind The Elder Scrolls Online, announced a round of layoffs this morning.
TESO publisher Bethesda’s VP of PR and Marketing Pete Hines gave a statement about the layoffs to Joystiq about ramping down the number of people working on the game.
“As is the norm for games of this type, we had ramped up a large workforce to develop a game of vast scale, and ramped up our customer service to handle the expected questions and community needs of The Elder Scrolls Online at launch. Now that we are nearly 6 months post launch, we have a thriving online community in a ...
- Fan-Made Fallout MMORPG Coming Sept. 5 Do you sometimes get misty and nostalgic thinking about that time you creatively murdered Myron in Fallout 2? Do you still look back at that era of RPGs as a golden age? Then get ready, because you can experience it again with a new free MMORPG coming very soon.
Fallout Online: Ashes of Phoenix, uses the Fonline Engine, a fan-made construction kit that allows the creation of singleplayer and multiplayer games and has been used for fan-made games like Fonline 2 and Fonline: Reloaded. You can download Ashes of Phoenix here and play for free, although you need a copy of Fallout 2 ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Will Have Four Player Co-op For me, personally, Dragon Age games have always been about getting deep into role-playing my character and making choices, but I can see the appeal of playing parts of the game with friends. BioWare obviously can as well, and will be introducing a four-player co-op mode in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
No, you won’t be voting on the single player story choices MMMORPG style. Instead the co-op mode will feature special combat missions separate from the main story, a BioWare FAQ says.
The multiplayer is described as an “action packed dungeon crawling experience” and compared to the multiplayer mode in Mass Effect 3.
- Witcher 3 Fans Angry About Xbox One Exclusive Physical Content As jaded video-gamers, we are used to being yanked around when it comes to exclusive game content. How many copies of any given Ubisoft game do you need to buy to get all the costumes and DLC again? How long do I have to wait to play the new Tomb Raider on my PS4?
But for once it’s a physical piece of content that has gamers up in arms. Last week CD Projekt Red announced that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will feature a new in-game card-game Gwent. In the tradition of Knights of the Old Republic’s Pazaak or Final Fantasy VIII’s ...
- Watch Six Minutes of Gorgeous The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPEam_Jt4I
At the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany, CD Projekt RED released this new trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The trailer follows our protagonist Geralt as he heads to the village of Downwarren and accepts a quest from a balding villager. Geralt tracks the evil that’s been offing the villagers through a swampy area and then a forest before being ambushed by some beasties.
The thing that stands out about the trailer is its sheer knock-your-socks off prettiness. It’s easily one of the most lush and convincing open worlds I’ve seen in a video game. It’s also an open world filled ...