- Plan Your Trip to The Elder Scrolls’ Nirn With This Interactive Map You know how sometimes you’ll find something you didn’t even know you needed in your life? That’s how I feel about this amazing map by Mlendia Horatiu.
The map tries to show all of Nirn, the world where the Elder Scrolls games take place, in Google Maps fashion. That includes areas that we haven’t visited. The map’s creator is even adding some images of the cities as sort of a street-view effect.
The Elder Scrolls fans could argue indefinitely about the map’s accuracy, and they already have been arguing, because some elements of Nirn aren’t quite so nailed down. But it’s still an ...
- Make the Choice to Fight in This Dragon Age: Inquisition Combat Trailer
This new trailer on Dragon Age: Inquisition’s combat systems promises that player choice will be a factor even when you’re trying to crush some dude’s skull.
“Every encounter can be approached in a multitude of ways, using a combination of real-time action and the pause and play tactical camera,” the video narrator says.
Lots of shiny spells and abilities are on display. The overhead tactical camera also seems like a nice touch, adding what’s almost a strategy RPG element to the game. Hopefully there will be difficult combat to offset the increased player control.
Bioware has also announced that Dragon Age Keep, the ...
- Argonian Cosplay is Maybe a Little Too Good This Argonian cosplay is the work of a Russian cosplayer named Elena Nerium Olender. It’s almost a little too realistic. Like, I’m kind of scared for that dog.
Elena is a Russian makeup artist and costume designer. She’s a prolific cosplayer, and she doesn’t shy away from scary or shocking. Her deviantART page is filled with nightmare-inducing Silent Hill nurses, vampire ladies, and Sci-Fi inspired things I’m not sure I understand. On the other hand there are some nice pretty elves to soothe your brain.
Check out more pics of Elena as an Argonian in the gallery below. And check out her page ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online European Megaserver Moving, To Europe Yeah, The Elder Scrolls Online’s European megaserver has actually been in North America this whole time. Which I’m sure is something that our European friends know, as they’ve lived with the trans-continental lag and all.
But no more. On July 30th the Megaserver will be moving to a shiny new datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany.
Today Zenimax posted an update about the move, saying European players can expect significant downtime, from about 8:00AM EDT to 5:00PM EDT that day. The North American server will be unaffected.
European player characters will be unaffected by the move and there will be no patch or update to download ...
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Impresses at Comic-Con No footage yet of The Witcher 3’s first consumer demos at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, but first impressions from those that were there seem to be solid.
Games Radar provided an overview of the demo, saying it showed our hero, er, protagonist Geralt dealing with a trio of witches, a hulking werewolf, and dealing with an evil tree. There was one decision point in battle with the tree where Geralt can apparently decide to kill it or not, the demo player killed it. Also, apparently there were a few glitches with the voices in the demo, but luckily ...
- New Zones, Armors, and Gameplay Tweaks Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online
We’ve already talked about the new crime and punishment system coming to The Elder Scrolls Online, but more was announced at last week’s Future of The Elder Scrolls Online QuakeCon panel.
Dulfy.net was there, and took obsessively complete notes. Some highlights:
The Imperial City : You can see the zone in the video embedded above. This is a big PVP zone you’ll enter through the sewers, in an homage to Oblivion. You’ll be able to clear out enemy players and nasty Daedra bosses and minibosses infesting the city. The Arena, Aboretum, Market, and Temple Districts are represented, each with their own ...
- The Witcher 3’s Coming Out Party Will Be at Comic-Con
CD PROJEKT Red’s The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will have a major presence at this week’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, including the first public showing of the game.
The Witcher will be featured in a panel kicking off 10 a.m. Thursday morning at the show. The highlight will be the first ever consumer preview of the game. There will also be a peek at the Dark Horse comics based on The Witcher franchise. Panelists will include Doug Cockle (Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher franchise), Dark Horse Comics author Paul Tobin (The Witcher House of Glass), Nick McWhorter, CD PROJEKT RED’s ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Delayed Time for a boo and maybe a hiss. Dragon Age: Inquisition has been delayed until more than a month, from October 7 to Nov. 18.
This is the word from the game’s executive producer, Mark Darrah.
I’m writing to let you know that Dragon Age: Inquisition has a new release date of November 18, 2014 in North America (November 21st in EU). We appreciate the enormous support we’ve received from all of you to get to this point, and while this extra few weeks may not seem like a lot, I know the game you’ll play will be all the better for ...
- Crime Must Pay The Penalty in Upcoming TESO Update
The Elder Scrolls Online Team showed off a new crime and punishment system coming to the game, a system that will feel pleasantly familiar to Skyrim players.
At this point in the game Tamriel is a bit of a socialist hippy commune. There are items lying around that just anyone can take, apparently community owned.
But, as shown in this video from “The Future of TESO,” panel at last week’s QuakeCon, under the criminal system being introduced those items will now be listed as stolen. And if you get caught stealing them you’ll be accosted by a guard and can pay your ...
- New Guar Plush is Cute, Sturdy Bethesda recently showed off this bit of cuteness, a guar plush based off the version of Morrowind’s favorite pack animal from The Elder Scrolls Online.
The plush guar is being made by Gaming Heads. It’ll set you back $20.
As a bonus, the guar also comes with a code for The Elder Scrolls Online that can be used to get your a digital guar pet in the game.
I guess you could also make a wild guar equivalent with some scissors, if you wanted. The white guar might take some more customization.