- ESO Update 1.5.2 Adds Scaling, New City, Dailies, and Better Facial Animation Today ZeniMax Online Studios has confirmed that the latest update to The Elder Scrolls Online will be out today in North America and tomorrow in Europe. The new update brings some big changes to the game including a new Veteran City, Ash, better facial animation, chat bubbles and Undaunted daily quests.
Here are the enormous patch notes. Get somewhere comfy and pour yourself a nice cup of tea, this will take a while.
BIG CHANGES / UPDATES / NEW FEATURES
Veteran City of Ash
Join an Undaunted expedition to assault the Deadlands, realm of the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon. Veteran City ...
- New Video Explores FFXV’s Huge Open World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJIjpl-vqlA
Were you one of those people who felt a lot of Final Fantasy XII’s content felt like walking through a long hallway? Square Enix has listened to you, and seems to be pushing for the opposite extreme with its upcoming (some day) Final Fantasy XV.
As you can see in the video above from Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae demo that will be released with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD in March 2015, XV presents an open world that isn’t too dissimilar to Skyrim, except that you can drive around it in a car and stop at gas stations.
The world is packed ...
- Dragon Age Keep Lets You Import Your Old Dragon Age Choices in Dragon Age: Inquisition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoHgAVXg80
In advance of Dragon Age: Inquisition, EA has now launched the web game Dragon Age Keep.
Dragon Age Keep is how you’ll make Dragon Age: Inquisition match up with your playthroughs of the earlier Dragon Age games. You’ve got 300 choices to make, if you can remember them all. It’s okay if you cheat a little and make a choice you only wish you had in a previous playthrough. I still feel a little bad about defiling those ashes
“The story of Dragon Age is truly immense and filled with rich characters, beautiful and deadly locales and incredible events which have shaped ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition’s ESRB Rating Promises Some Ridiculous Adult Content This was to be expected from a game series that’s almost as obsessed with sexing up party members as it is brutally killing enemies, but still funny just the same. The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) description for Dragon Age: Inquisition lists some of the gore and sex stuff you can expect from the game, which comes by its M rating honestly.
Here it is, in it’s full glory:
This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior battling evil forces in different dimensions. Characters use swords, axes, hammers, and magic attacks to kill fantastical creatures (e.g., ...
- Dark Action RPG Lords of The Fallen Out Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LMlplNVSIU
Lords of the Fallen, a new action RPG from developers Deck 13 Interactive and CI Games, is out now for those that are up to the challenge.
The third-person hack-and-slash should appeal to fans of the Dark Souls series, but it has several features to set it apart including an XP multiplier mechanic that adds a unique risk/reward element to the game. Your XP gains increase by chaining kills and avoiding checkpoints, which save your game and renew your life, magic and energy and give you a chance to use the XP you’ve gathered for upgrades.
You can be conservative and use ...
- Here’s the Epic, Bloody Intro for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcogCjLymeI
It’s rare that you see an intro that manages to be both epic and also weave in a sense of how the game will actually play, but CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt intro manages to pull it off.
The intro follows one of Geralt’s former lovers, the sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg, as she does whatever it takes to survive on a chaotic battlefield, using her magic to make a bloody mess of anyone who threatens her. It’s intercut with scenes of Geralt tracking her by investigating the aftermath of the battle, as he tracks his quarry in the ...
- If You Haven’t Tried Modded Skyrim, Check This Out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47eMlV7c0aw
Have you taken the plunge to mod Skyrim, or are you still enjoying it on console or vanilla on PC? This video by Replay Network showing someone try modding for the first time might motivate you to change your mind.
As you can see in the video, modding Skyrim to be more realistic can add new challenges and annoyances, such a risk of frostbite. But if you choose your mods carefully that simply adds to the fun to be had because it increases the player’s immersion. The player’s journey, in this instance, became not just a brisk walk, but a desperate ...
- ZeniMax Asks For Feedback on ESO Update Five Today The Elder Scrolls Online Game Director Matt Firor posted a new “Road Ahead” update blog letting us know what to expect with The Elder Scrolls Online’s fifth update and asking players to test and provide feedback on the update.
Firor said the fifth update to the game is now being tested on its Public Testing Server and features these changes:
A new Veteran Dungeon: City of Ash continues the dungeon’s story and introduces dangerous new challenges for your group.
The new facial animation system makes NPCs far more lifelike during conversations.
Repeatable Pledges: The Undaunted now reward players once a day for specific ...
- Indulge in Some Heresy With Official Trailer For Dragon Age: Inquisition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRjfkXW9Lo
This new trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition shows off some gameplay footage, and delves a bit into the mythology of Thedas.
Is the Maker really guiding the hero’s hand, or is that just a useful lie? Religion was always a deep underlying element of Dragon Age, but it seems like Inquisition will tackle it head-on. I guess the name kind of gives that away. Will you actually meet your Maker?
Dragon Age: Inquisition will be out Nov. 18 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and Windows.
- It’s a Long Drop From the Top for One Unlucky Khajiit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwaLln8GA0
Sasha Striker makes the mistake of messing with a Greybeard near High Hrothgar, and it’s all downhill from there.
Boy is it ever. Sasha’s Khajiit, legs frozen, rolls pitifully down the mountain for more than a minute. Over and over, silently enduring a high fantasy recreation of the end of the Springfield Gorge scene from the Simpsons.
Finally, mercifully, it comes to an end. And there’s a dragon down there. Some days you’ve just gotta log out and come back when your luck is better.