- New Guar Plush is Cute, Sturdy Bethesda recently showed off this bit of cuteness, a guar plush based off the version of Morrowind’s favorite pack animal from The Elder Scrolls Online.
The plush guar is being made by Gaming Heads. It’ll set you back $20.
As a bonus, the guar also comes with a code for The Elder Scrolls Online that can be used to get your a digital guar pet in the game.
I guess you could also make a wild guar equivalent with some scissors, if you wanted. The white guar might take some more customization.
- The Elder Scrolls Online is Now Available on Steam Kicking off QuakeCon, this week’s celebration of all things id and also ZeniMax, is the announcement that The Elder Scrolls Online will finally be available on Steam, the popular digital games platform.
Both the standard and Imperial editions will be available through Steam. To celebrate the addition the game will be 50 percent off through July 21, 10 a.m. PT.
The game’s Steam page is here.
Expect more TESO news as QuakeCon rolls on. A panel called The Future of TESO is scheduled for 5 p.m. CDT tomorrow, and TESO developers will give some insight into where the ame is going. You can ...
- TESO Takes On QuakeCon QuakeCon starts tomorrow in Dallas, Texas. Now, although you might reason that this is a con for people to sit around play Quake, and only the original Quake (it’s not called Quake 2 con after all), it’s not.
ZeniMax now owns Quake creator Id software and QuakeCon, so expecting to see Elder Scrolls stuff there is like expecting to see Big Macs at McDonald’s.
The QuakeCon The Elder Scrolls Online events will include a panel on the future of the game, and there may be some juicy announcements. You can watch the panel and some of the other events live on Twitch.tv/bethesda.
Here is ...
- Got a Gravelly Voice? The Skywind Mod Wants You, Maybe
This new video for the Skywind Mod, an ambitious mod that seeks to recreate Morrowind in the Skyrim engine, lists lots of ways for people to help the mod to completion.
The main thing the modders are seeking is for people to preview voice acting performances to serve as a filter to keep from overwhelming the mod’s sole voice acting editor.
But the sexiest bullet point is the chance to play a dark elf. If you sound kind of like your grandma who has smoked Camels every day of her life since she was 12, you might have a shot at filling ...
- ‘Faces of Skyrim’ Exhibition Captures the Most Lifelike Skyrim Portraits These faces are so realistic looking, you’d be forgiven for thinking some of them are altered photos. Not bad for a nearly three year old game.
The gallery was chosen by Andrew Cull, with help from YourAverageGrunt, and Being-In-The-World, to put together what they felt was the best examples of Skyrim portraiture.
Of course these aren’t vanilla Skyrim images, but it’s a good example of what can be done with mods.
Check out all 18 images from the gallery in high resolution here. The gallery got so many submissions that Cull says he will post a second one soon.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Lets You Shape its World The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is, technically, very impressive, with beautiful environments and terrifying creatures to hunt. But what about the story?
Game Director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz told AusGamers that the story of The Witcher 3 will be less linear than the story of the earlier games, and it will feature a nice helping of that choice and consequence that WRPG gamers love so much.
“Right now, we start of with the prologue, which is quite an independent story; it’s got an obligatory tutorial, where it’s mostly putting you in the Witcher world and setting you up for the Witcher and so on — ...
- A Nice Long Look at Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay
Here we have sixteen minutes of Dragon Age: Inquisition gameplay. A version of this demo was presented last month at E3, but has only recently been released to the public.
Eariler Dragon Age games had tight, repetitive, relatively simple areas to explore. Even the outdoor areas felt more like “levels” than a world to explore. And don’t get me started on the recycling in Dragon Age II.
What we see in this video, however, feels much more like Skyrim, a big hunk of world to explore. It’s not as Impressive as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but it does seem ambitious. The ...
- Skywind Alpha Coming Soon
Here’s a nice new progress video for Skywind, the project that seeks to reboot Morrowind in the Skyrim engine.
The video is filled with impressive visuals, but perhaps the most tantalizing part is white text on a black background at the end, which teases a “Public Developer Alpha” coming soon. Details to come
What that means exactly is the “to come” part, I guess. It doesn’t not sound like it’s a straightforward alpha for bug testing, it may only be available to those who have resources or skills to put toward the project.
You can go to http://tesrenewal.com/ to keep up with the latest news ...
- Couch Co-op For Skyrim? There’s a Mod in the Works Exploring Skyrim can be a beautiful, but lonely experience. Sure you’ve got followers and pets, but they’re more like pack mules and shields than other people.
Some people feel that the loneliness adds to the beauty.
But if you don’t, there’s a mod that will allow you to let a friend tag along.
Couch Co-Op Companion is in alpha and nowhere near finished. It allows your friend to essentially plug in a controller and start controlling a companion on the same screen. And yeah, you can keep your AI companion if you need Lydia to carry stuff and complain.
The modder Nenilai Xilodel explains the ...
- Character Creation Goes Completely Out of Control in This TESO Parody
OK, this is an ad. But it’s a hilarious ad. This sponsored content from The Onion hypothesizes a version of The Elder Scrolls Online where a player can design their character right down to the DNA.
Spend five hours designing a liver? Sure thing.
Of course, if your knowledge of human anatomy and the biomedical sciences isn’t comprehensive, well, your character will die. Or become a horrible mutant.
Is it weird that I actually want this? Or at least a more user-friendly version. I did spend hours trying to get my Oblivion character to look as much like Alyson Hannigan from Buffy ...