- If You Haven’t Tried Modded Skyrim, Check This Out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47eMlV7c0aw
Have you taken the plunge to mod Skyrim, or are you still enjoying it on console or vanilla on PC? This video by Replay Network showing someone try modding for the first time might motivate you to change your mind.
As you can see in the video, modding Skyrim to be more realistic can add new challenges and annoyances, such a risk of frostbite. But if you choose your mods carefully that simply adds to the fun to be had because it increases the player’s immersion. The player’s journey, in this instance, became not just a brisk walk, but a desperate ...
- ZeniMax Asks For Feedback on ESO Update Five Today The Elder Scrolls Online Game Director Matt Firor posted a new “Road Ahead” update blog letting us know what to expect with The Elder Scrolls Online’s fifth update and asking players to test and provide feedback on the update.
Firor said the fifth update to the game is now being tested on its Public Testing Server and features these changes:
A new Veteran Dungeon: City of Ash continues the dungeon’s story and introduces dangerous new challenges for your group.
The new facial animation system makes NPCs far more lifelike during conversations.
Repeatable Pledges: The Undaunted now reward players once a day for specific ...
- Indulge in Some Heresy With Official Trailer For Dragon Age: Inquisition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRjfkXW9Lo
This new trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition shows off some gameplay footage, and delves a bit into the mythology of Thedas.
Is the Maker really guiding the hero’s hand, or is that just a useful lie? Religion was always a deep underlying element of Dragon Age, but it seems like Inquisition will tackle it head-on. I guess the name kind of gives that away. Will you actually meet your Maker?
Dragon Age: Inquisition will be out Nov. 18 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and Windows.
- It’s a Long Drop From the Top for One Unlucky Khajiit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwaLln8GA0
Sasha Striker makes the mistake of messing with a Greybeard near High Hrothgar, and it’s all downhill from there.
Boy is it ever. Sasha’s Khajiit, legs frozen, rolls pitifully down the mountain for more than a minute. Over and over, silently enduring a high fantasy recreation of the end of the Springfield Gorge scene from the Simpsons.
Finally, mercifully, it comes to an end. And there’s a dragon down there. Some days you’ve just gotta log out and come back when your luck is better.
- I Want To Believe in Final Fantasy XV, and New Combat Footage Helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihlaR7ubfOg
No matter how deep I go into the western RPG rabbit hole, Japanese RPGs were my first love, and my ears still perk up at the sound of the Final Fantasy theme. So I’m pulling for Final Fantasy XV. Even after an eight-year-long development that’s spawned two console generations there’s still a hope that they can pull off something good.
This footage of the game’s real-time combat system seems to be a step in the right direction. It looks a lot like Kingdom Hearts, honestly, which isn’t a bad thing. Lots of enemies onscreen, including one very big one.
Final Fantasy XV ...
- Make Your Character Unique With Dragon Age: Inquisition Customization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZilJMncZ6g
If you’re like me and you felt stifled by Dragon Age 2’s limited character customization options, which allowed you to be a male human named Hawke or a female human named Hawke and dared you to whine about it, then you’ll be well-pleased by this new trailer for Dragon Age: Inquisition.
The new trailer shows Inquisition is returning to the Dragon Age: Origins style of letting players pick from multiple races and appearances. It blows through a dizzying number of combinations with lots of opportunities for manual customization of nose bridges and cheekbones and such. Your roleplay character can be recreated ...
- 10 Lord of The Rings Mods to Whet Your Appetite for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQU3GgBGh_Q
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is out now for various consoles and PC. The new game fills in some of the gap between The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings and features a ranger named Talion who gets killed and comes back to life seeking revenge. Yes, it sort of does sound like your creepy cousin’s Lord of the Rings fanfic, but it’s getting some great reviews.
However, if you aren’t able to pick it up right away, you can still get that Lord of the Rings feel, right there in Skyrim, thanks to the work of various modders.
The video above from ...
- ESO Live Gives Sneak Peek at ESO 1.5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVPPoFL2H4
ZeniMax Online Studios held its second ESO Live livestream to talk about The Elder Scrolls Online on Friday. The whole hour and 51 minute stream is worth watching if you’re a super-fan, but if you just want to get straight to the part where they demonstrate the changes coming soon in the 1.5 update, YouTuber Shawn Brunelle has helpfully cut that bit out for you.
In the video ZeniMax:
Gives some details of new veteran content.
Shows clips of improved facial animations (they look a whole lot better and convey more emotion).
Explains that new instanced dungeons (group and solo) will scale to the ...
- Next TESO Update Might Include Scaling Dungeons A bit more replayability for The Elder Scrolls Online’s dungeons is something fans have been asking for since launch, and it looks like they might be getting it.
In response to a thread on Reddit criticizing ESO and asking for cross-faction grouping, the game’s creative director, Paul Sage, said ZeniMax is looking at some changes for the next game update.
Just wanted to chime in with what is hopefully good news. First, we aren’t opposed to cross-faction grouping for dungeons, but it is something that will take a while to accomplish. However, what you are seeing may be a result of the ...
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Will Be Tougher Than Origins Dragon Age: Origins was one of the few RPGs of recent years where I actually felt the combat put up a decent tactical challenge that forced me to make the right choices or wipe, at least in some of the harder and more critical encounters.
So I’m not sure I feel about this news from PlayStation Lifestyle that Dragon Age: Inquisition will have even tougher combat.
BioWare Producer Cameron Lee dropped this tidbit when asked if players would find using Dragon Age: Inquisition’s tactical view, which pauses the game and zooms out so you can issue commands, necessary or optional.
“Say you were ...