- PAX East: No Witcher 1 and 2 Re-Releases Planned for New Platforms At a panel at last weekend’s PAX East conference, CD Projekt RED quashed a fan’s hopes that The Witcher 1 and 2 would get a re-release in conjunction with the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Company staffers said a re-release was considered but they decided the resources could be better used on The Witcher 3 and other projects. A re-release isn’t ruled out entirely but for now you might want to hold on to your old copies.
Devs also revealed that The Witcher 3 won’t have a dedicated “photo mode” like the ones that are all the rage in PS4 ...
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Brahmin? Learn About Fallout’s Synthetic Humans in New Lore Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqGzZeF5Eg8
Here’s a very well-made new Fallout lore video from Shoddycast that takes a deep dive into the history of androids in Fallout.
Fallout’s retro future can be disarmingly low-fi, so some times it’s possible to forget that the technology exists in that timeline to create androids so realistic that they can be mistaken for human. In some cases, the androids don’t even know they’re not human. And the NPC you are talking to could be one without you being able to guess.
This video focuses on the source of the androids, the Commonwealth and its mysterious Institute, and how the androids escape ...
- Video Shows Off ESO’s New Features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvZ5Ejx1M7w
For months ZeniMax has been telling us the 1.6 update for ESO would be better, but sometimes showing is more convincing.
So ZeniMax has put out this video that shows the bullet points of what to expect in the new version. The big changes are the Justice System, which allows you to steal and kill and just generally do bad things, and the Champion System, which lets you keep improving your character even at the highest levels.
From what we’ve seen, the Justice System has been enthusiastically adopted. Cities are littered with the bodies of NPCs and it’s not hard to see ...
- Experience Massive Elder Scrolls Battles With Total War Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgbFZxWpfPE
Remember the times in Skyrim when what was supposed to be a massive civil war seemed a bit underwhelming in scope? This total conversion mod for Medieval 2: Total War – Kingdoms seeks to provide a more epic experience.
The mod replaces the units from the strategy game with units representing factions that were active in the Oblivion and Morrowind games, 20 factions in all. The storyline stretches from 3E 427 y. – 4E 45 y., to cover events of the those games plus historic events like the Red Year and Storm Crown Interregnum.
It also contains some attempts at Elder Scrolls ...
- Elder Scrolls Online 1.6.5 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online entered a new era today, rolling out an update that will transform the game from a subscription-based service to a buy-to-play game.
The 1.6.5 updates adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement, a cash shop and much, much more. It clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on March 17. The console versions of the game, out June 9 on PS4 and Xbox One, will also be based on the 1.6 update.
Although the cash shop, known as the Crown ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online’s Big Update Will Launch Tuesday We now have a precise date and time when The Elder Scrolls Online’s game changing 1.6 update will be available.
The update will start being applied to the servers at 8 A.M. EST Tuesday in North America and 3 A.M. GMT Wednesday in Europe, according to a server message. No word on exactly how long the server maintenance is expected to last, but you should be playing the new version some time tomorrow.
The 1.6 updates adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement, a cash shop and much, much more. It clears the way for ESO ...
- Fable Legends Will Be Free To Play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzpP0lSrEc
Lionhead has announced that Fable Legends will be a free-to-play game.
That’s not really hugely surprising if you look at the gameplay. The four vs. one multiplayer battle game looks a lot more like recent hits Dota 2 or League of Legends (hmmm, even the titles are similar) than a traditional narrative-drive Fable quest, so why not copy their business models, too?
Lionhead promises you can enjoy “every element of the game” for free and that all items that affect gameplay can be earned without paying. Sounds nice, but it’s generally true in free-to-play games of all stripe. There’s a big caveat ...
- Action RPG Dragon Quest Heroes Coming to North America and Europe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUwD4-1EZ8
Here’s good news for those that like the Akira Toriyama (artist for Dragon Ball)-designed style of Dragon Quest but aren’t huge fans of turn-based RPGs. Dragon Quest Heroes, a much more action-packed take on the franchise, is now slated for a Western release.
Square Enix announced the new game will be coming to the U.S. and Europe in 2015, although no exact date was given. The game will be a PS4 exclusive and cost $59.99 in the U.S.
You can see the game’s intriguing action-RPG mechanics in the video above. This might be one to watch.
- New Screenshots Show off Final Fantasy XV’s Upcoming Demo Square Enix has released a big batch of screens showing what you can expect in the upcoming small slice of Final Fantasy XV, Episode Duscae.
The Episode Duscae Demo will be available with the purchase of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for the PS4. An eagerly anticipated game in its own right, this heavily remastered PSP adventure will be out for PS4 and Xbox One March 17.
We’ve included a gallery of the Episode Duscae screens below, showing off combat, camping, monsters, gas stations and more. Sorry, the car that’s the center of Final Fantasy XV’s “road trip” storyline won’t be controllable in ...
- ESO 1.6 May Be Coming in Early March The big 1.6 patch that adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement and much, much more to The Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed, according to a ZeniMax source.
Originally it was coming in late February, but has now been pushed to early March to deal with an audio bug, according to a post from ZeniMax on a European ESO forum. The patch is currently available on the ESO’s test server.
The 1.6 update, of course, clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited ...