- Guard Hands Out Harsh Justice in ESO 1.6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UESkmVd7wmI
Looks like the guards are going to be a little more Dirty Harry than Officer Friendly in ESO’s new Justice system. The Justice system, which will allow players to commit crimes and be punished for them if they get caught, is a new feature in the 1.6 update that’s currently being put through its paces on the game’s Public Test Server.
As you can see in the above video, a player who misbehaves badly is quickly and harshly dealt with, without so much as a “Stop right there, criminal scum!” as a warning.
In a way it’s a bummer because it will ...
- ESO Releases Update 1.6 for Public Test Server The Elder Scrolls Online’s biggest update yet, the 1.6 update that clears the way for the game to become the buy-to-play The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, is now available to try and test on the game’s public test server.
The update was accompanied by a novella-sized list of patch notes. According to ZeniMax, the notes took up 67 pages in Microsoft Word.
We aren’t even going to try to copy them all here, you can go the official site to check them out. They cover:
Big Changes / Updates / New Features
- ESO Developers Explain New Subscriptionless System When you heard that new The Elder Scrolls Online was ditching its subscription model and going “buy to play,” you might have heard a nagging little voice in your head respond with “pay to win.”
The new version, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, will be out March 17 on PC and Mac and June 9 on Xbox One and PS4. It will include all of the content in the 1.6 update, including the new Justice and Champion systems. Anyone who has played before can dive right into the new version, but there will be a one-time purchase of the game ...
- The Witcher 3 Livestream Shows Off New Gamplay Today Watch live video from GOGcom on www.twitch.tv
CD Projekt Red is finally pulling the covers off The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Last week it held a preview event for assorted journalists, and today it will show the game to the general public through a livestream.
The stream will show new gameplay footage. Senior Gameplay Designer Damien Monnier and Level Designer Miles Tost will be on hand to provide commentary and answer questions.
You can check out the stream in the player above or here. It’s set to begin at 2 p.m. EST.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be out May 19 for ...
- Watch This Giant 23 Minute ESO ‘Three Fates’ Cinematic Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=qLdYM70QNdo&x-yt-cl=84503534
To celebrate dropping The Elder Scrolls Online’s subscription fees model and rebranding the game as The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, ZeniMax also released the final chapter of its ongoing “Three Fates” cinematic trailer.
Now the company has merged the latest part with the three parts that have been previously released to create a 23 minute supercut that shows the entire story. It’s longer than most half hour television shows, so settle in for a hefty watch.
The new version will be out March 17 on PC and Mac and June 9 on Xbox One and PS4. It will include all of ...
- ZeniMax Reveals How No-Subscription ESO Will Work Watch live video from ZeniMaxOnlineStudios on Twitch
ZeniMax pushed out a special ESO Live stream yesterday to talk about its upcoming subscriptionless Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.
The entire 90 minute presentation featuring ESO Game Director Matt Firor, Creative Director Paul Sage and Bethesda’s Pete Hines and is available for you to watch above, but if you want just the highlights:
The PC and Mac Versions will be out March 17, PS4 and Xbox One June 9
A console beta is expected around April
The game will be “buy-to-play” which means although there’s no subscription you still have to purchase a copy.
The game will ...
- Elder Scrolls Online Ends Required Subscription, Console Release Dated https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84359240&v=EzhyLuXzNZY&x-yt-ts=1421782837
After months of rumors and signs, ZeniMax has made it official. Today it announced it is ending the subscription model for The Elder Scrolls Online and rebranding the game as buy once, play free experience.
The new version will have a new name, Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and launch March 17 on PC and Mac and June 9 on Xbox One and PS4. It will include all of the content in the 1.6 update, including the new Justice and Champion systems. Anyone who has played before can dive right into the new version, but there will be a one-time purchase ...
- ESO 1.6 Update Will Require More Than 60 Page of Patch Notes How big is the upcoming 1.6 update for The Elder Scrolls Online? Big enough that you might want to find a good reading chair and a quiet spot just to check out the patch notes.
According to a post on the game’s official site, the patch notes are now up to 63 pages and counting.
Those notes will have a lot to describe. The 1.6 update, which still hasn’t been officially dated, will be introducing a Champion system for high rank leveling up, a Justice system to add crime and punishment to the world, new animations for the game and more.
Are you ...
- ESO Live Shows Off Improved Animations and More https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-BdpIVyoM
If life got in the way and you weren’t able to be there for Friday’s ESO Live livestream, you can watch the whole thing here. This video preserves the Twitch chat, often used for interactive features in the livestream.
The livestream focused in part on changes in the upcoming 1.6 update for The Elder Scrolls Online. The highlight was a look at the new animation system, which revamps first and third-person animations to look more natural. If you’re impatient, you can skip ahead to about 59 minutes into the video.
And sorry, no release date for 1.6 was shared in the stream.
- Neverwinter Closed Beta Begins Feb. 5 on Xbox One https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gxE8n570w
Soon you’ll be able to try Neverwinter, a free-to-play Dungeons and Dragons-based MMO, on Xbox One.
Publisher Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced that a closed beta will be held for the Xbox One version, will be held from Feb. 5 to Feb. 8.
Neverwinter is a socially oriented MMO that focuses on going on Dungeons and Dragons adventures with your friends. A press release announcing the beta says the final game will include previously launched PC content, but have optimized Xbox One features like friends list integration and console-friendly controls.
The game will be free-to-play, as long as you have ...