- Experience Massive Elder Scrolls Battles With Total War Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgbFZxWpfPE
Remember the times in Skyrim when what was supposed to be a massive civil war seemed a bit underwhelming in scope? This total conversion mod for Medieval 2: Total War – Kingdoms seeks to provide a more epic experience.
The mod replaces the units from the strategy game with units representing factions that were active in the Oblivion and Morrowind games, 20 factions in all. The storyline stretches from 3E 427 y. – 4E 45 y., to cover events of the those games plus historic events like the Red Year and Storm Crown Interregnum.
It also contains some attempts at Elder Scrolls ...
- Elder Scrolls Online 1.6.5 Update Out Now The Elder Scrolls Online entered a new era today, rolling out an update that will transform the game from a subscription-based service to a buy-to-play game.
The 1.6.5 updates adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement, a cash shop and much, much more. It clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on March 17. The console versions of the game, out June 9 on PS4 and Xbox One, will also be based on the 1.6 update.
Although the cash shop, known as the Crown ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online’s Big Update Will Launch Tuesday We now have a precise date and time when The Elder Scrolls Online’s game changing 1.6 update will be available.
The update will start being applied to the servers at 8 A.M. EST Tuesday in North America and 3 A.M. GMT Wednesday in Europe, according to a server message. No word on exactly how long the server maintenance is expected to last, but you should be playing the new version some time tomorrow.
The 1.6 updates adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement, a cash shop and much, much more. It clears the way for ESO ...
- Fable Legends Will Be Free To Play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzpP0lSrEc
Lionhead has announced that Fable Legends will be a free-to-play game.
That’s not really hugely surprising if you look at the gameplay. The four vs. one multiplayer battle game looks a lot more like recent hits Dota 2 or League of Legends (hmmm, even the titles are similar) than a traditional narrative-drive Fable quest, so why not copy their business models, too?
Lionhead promises you can enjoy “every element of the game” for free and that all items that affect gameplay can be earned without paying. Sounds nice, but it’s generally true in free-to-play games of all stripe. There’s a big caveat ...
- Action RPG Dragon Quest Heroes Coming to North America and Europe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUwD4-1EZ8
Here’s good news for those that like the Akira Toriyama (artist for Dragon Ball)-designed style of Dragon Quest but aren’t huge fans of turn-based RPGs. Dragon Quest Heroes, a much more action-packed take on the franchise, is now slated for a Western release.
Square Enix announced the new game will be coming to the U.S. and Europe in 2015, although no exact date was given. The game will be a PS4 exclusive and cost $59.99 in the U.S.
You can see the game’s intriguing action-RPG mechanics in the video above. This might be one to watch.
- New Screenshots Show off Final Fantasy XV’s Upcoming Demo Square Enix has released a big batch of screens showing what you can expect in the upcoming small slice of Final Fantasy XV, Episode Duscae.
The Episode Duscae Demo will be available with the purchase of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for the PS4. An eagerly anticipated game in its own right, this heavily remastered PSP adventure will be out for PS4 and Xbox One March 17.
We’ve included a gallery of the Episode Duscae screens below, showing off combat, camping, monsters, gas stations and more. Sorry, the car that’s the center of Final Fantasy XV’s “road trip” storyline won’t be controllable in ...
- ESO 1.6 May Be Coming in Early March The big 1.6 patch that adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement and much, much more to The Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed, according to a ZeniMax source.
Originally it was coming in late February, but has now been pushed to early March to deal with an audio bug, according to a post from ZeniMax on a European ESO forum. The patch is currently available on the ESO’s test server.
The 1.6 update, of course, clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited ...
- Final Fantasy XV is 60 Percent Done At a recent FFXV demo, game director Hajime Tabata told the press that the game is now about 60 percent done. Hey, it’s only been nine years since this game was first revealed by Square Enix as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Hold your horses.
To be fair, that progress rate is from when the game was restarted as FFXV in 2013, so it won’t take another nine years for it to get out the door.
It’s a little discouraging, however, that as reported by Kotaku Tabata said the game was 55 percent done last September. That doesn’t sound like speedy progress.
- Skyrim is Radically Remade as a New Game in Enderal Total Conversion Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQog9lkyH8k
Enderal is an ambitious total conversion mod for Skyrim that seeks to graft a completely new game, with a new story, locations and enemies, onto the Skyrim engine. As you can see from the video above, only hints of Skyrim are recognizable in the final project, with the whole thing taking on a different look and feel.
Bethesda recently interviewed Johannes and Nicolas, the respective Munich-based project lead and creative director for Sure AI, the modding group behind the project.
The pair said the game has been in the planning stages since before Skyrim was released in 2011, and they started ...
- More than 2,000 things you can steal in the New The Elder Scrolls Online One of the most intriguing things about the new The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, is that it will feature a Justice system that will let you live the life of a dirty, dirty thief. If that’s your thing.
The Justice system is currently being tested on the game’s public testing server, and because hackers are going to hack, some players have been data-mining it for interesting info. One player, dominoid73, has shared a list of more than 2,250 items you can get through five-fingered discount in the justice system.
Some highlights using the descriptions from the game:
A back-scratcher for taking care ...