- ESO 1.6 May Be Coming in Early March The big 1.6 patch that adds a new Justice system, a Champion system for high level character improvement and much, much more to The Elder Scrolls Online has been delayed, according to a ZeniMax source.
Originally it was coming in late February, but has now been pushed to early March to deal with an audio bug, according to a post from ZeniMax on a European ESO forum. The patch is currently available on the ESO’s test server.
The 1.6 update, of course, clears the way for ESO to drop its mandatory subscription model and become The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited ...
- Final Fantasy XV is 60 Percent Done At a recent FFXV demo, game director Hajime Tabata told the press that the game is now about 60 percent done. Hey, it’s only been nine years since this game was first revealed by Square Enix as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Hold your horses.
To be fair, that progress rate is from when the game was restarted as FFXV in 2013, so it won’t take another nine years for it to get out the door.
It’s a little discouraging, however, that as reported by Kotaku Tabata said the game was 55 percent done last September. That doesn’t sound like speedy progress.
- Skyrim is Radically Remade as a New Game in Enderal Total Conversion Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQog9lkyH8k
Enderal is an ambitious total conversion mod for Skyrim that seeks to graft a completely new game, with a new story, locations and enemies, onto the Skyrim engine. As you can see from the video above, only hints of Skyrim are recognizable in the final project, with the whole thing taking on a different look and feel.
Bethesda recently interviewed Johannes and Nicolas, the respective Munich-based project lead and creative director for Sure AI, the modding group behind the project.
The pair said the game has been in the planning stages since before Skyrim was released in 2011, and they started ...
- More than 2,000 things you can steal in the New The Elder Scrolls Online One of the most intriguing things about the new The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, is that it will feature a Justice system that will let you live the life of a dirty, dirty thief. If that’s your thing.
The Justice system is currently being tested on the game’s public testing server, and because hackers are going to hack, some players have been data-mining it for interesting info. One player, dominoid73, has shared a list of more than 2,250 items you can get through five-fingered discount in the justice system.
Some highlights using the descriptions from the game:
A back-scratcher for taking care ...
- ESO’s Console Editions Feature Voice Chat, New Control Schemes ZeniMax has shared a few more details about the PS4 versions of The Elder Scrolls Online.
We already know that the console versions will be based on the new the buy-to-play version of the game, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and will be out June 9, roughly a year after the originally planned launch date.
In a recent column the ESO Game Director Matt Firor gave further details about the console versions, which he said are different by necessity because there’s “a lot of variance” between the consoles and PC.
Firor said parallel teams developed the console version, so they take advantage ...
- ESO’s Last Loyalty Rewards Are Freaky Sheogorath Costume, He-Man’s Battle Cat If you’ve been a loyal Elder Scrolls Online subscriber since the game launched, ZeniMax has new rewards for you before it closes its loyalty program for good.
First up for the nine month reward, you’re in for an, uh, I’m actually not sure. Depends on how much you like creepy stuff.
That’s because the first just-announced loyalty reward is this weirdo Sheogorath costume, the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter. I can see this strange three-faced mask as the kind of thing that part of the audience, the ones wearing black clothing and heavy unisex eyeliner, might be really into. Others might be a ...
- The Elder Scrolls Online Tests Another Patch Before It Goes Subscriptionless Before The Elder Scrolls Online drops its subscription requirement and becomes The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited March 17 on PC and June 9 on consoles, PC players are testing the new version of the game.
The test, running on the games public testing server (PTS) was recently updated with a brand new version. Update 1.6.2 adds a few new tweaks to the game, including allowing testers to check out the full Champion system, which allows high level players to keep upgrading their characters.
Patch notes for the latest version are below:
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.6.2 is an incremental patch that ...
- Bethesa Will Hold Its First Ever E3 News Conference This Year Bethesda announced today that it will be holding its own E3 showcase this year, and fans tongues are wagging at what they might announce at most influential video game industry event.
Bethesda’s conference will take place June 14 at E3 in Hollywood, CA. It’s possible they’ll talk about the console version of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, also set to release in June on June 9. But it’s a bit unlikely they’ll have much to say so shortly after the game is released.
And we must remember that Bethesda has its fingers in many video game pies. For example, id software ...
- A Preview of ESO’s New Cash Shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrWS8_VPXo&feature=share
When The Elder Scrolls Online becomes the subscriptionless The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, it’s going to pick up a few tricks players of free-to-play and buy-to-play games might be familiar with. Chief among these, a cash shop.
The new cash shop, The Crown Store, will use a real-money currency called Crowns, featuring customization and convenience items like potions, soul gems, pets, mounts and costumes. You can’t trade your Crown Store items or Crowns, as you can with cash shop items in other MMORPGs.
The official transition doesn’t happen until March 17 for PC or with the June 9 console release for ...
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer Comes With FFXV Bonus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMoTDYReqg
You can watch and enjoy this Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer, which spends a big part of its running time on watching some guy cry before getting around to satisfying battles and intrigue.
Or, you can skip ahead to about 2:40 in the video, when it becomes a trailer for the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo that will ship with Final Fantasy Type-0. Or just watch it straight through. Up to you, really. I don’t tell you how to live your life.
Both games look quite nice, although of course FFXV has more current gen splashiness to it, including some impressive ...