- Final Fantasy 14 And Yo-Kai Watch Collide Why are there weird ghost creatures roaming around the countryside of Square’s most recent MMO? Yo-Kai is why.
Square-Enix and Level-5 Games announced today they’ve arranged for a little crossover. Characters from Level-5’s Yo-Kai Watch, huge in Japan, will be appearing in Final Fantasy XIV as minions (creatures you can keep as pets in the game). You’ll also be able to find Yo-Kai-specific items within the game, such as weapons, a flying Whisper mount and even a Yo-Kai Watch itself.
If the US and European versions of Final Fantasy XIV end up getting this update, it’ll mark the first time the Yo-Kai ...
- Shin Megami Tensei IV Preorder Giveaway Announced Atlus is bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse to North America in the summer of 2016, the company announced today. They also revealed a special giveaway for those who preorder or manage to get a copy first-day: the first shipment of copies will contain three custom pins from out of the game. One depicts the symbol of Dagda (a god character from the game’s storyline) and the other two are self-explanatory Peace and Anarchy symbols. The pins are metal and .75″ in diameter each.
We’re told by Atlus you don’t need to be familiar with SMT IV to understand the plot ...
- What Would A Mobile Fire Emblem Be Like? Guess We’ll Find Out Nintendo had no problem selling its first mobile title, Miitomo, to the masses. Japan ate it right up, and America followed suit. What’s next?
Today during their financial earnings report, Nintendo revealed what they were thinking of: Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. Unlike Miitomo, which was more of a social media experiment, these will be closer to their console and handheld incarnations, albeit without buttons.
“Compared to Miitomo, they have more prominent game elements, and the game content will tie closely into Nintendo’s dedicated games business,” says Big Mario. “Nintendo will provide more details about these applications closer to their launch period, and ...
- NIS America Will No Longer Localize Atlus Games It was announced earlier this year that Sega had established ownership of Atlus Games, publishers of delightfully niche JRPGs like Persona and the Disgaea series. It comes as no surprise then, that NIS America won’t be localizing any more of them. They have their own ability to do that now.
Henceforth, says NIS America managing director Takuro Yamashita, Sega will handle all publication duties for Atlus titles in the US. As for Europe, they’re still deciding. “Atlus became very picky about selecting the European publishing partner after it was bought by Sega,” Yamashita said. “It always cherry-picked its publishing partner ...
- Next Tales Title, Tales of Berseria, Comes In 2017 Last December an English release for the next game in Namco’s Tales series, Tales of Berseria, was confirmed. Today we have a basic idea of when we can expect that game: Namco says it’s coming in early 2017.
Two new playable characters join the challenging quests of TALES OF BERSERIA. Eizen, nicknamed “The Reaper”, is the skipper of Aifread’s pirates and he always makes his own decisions. Though he is a malak (a spiritual being that can harness the power of nature), he sails the Van Eltia pirate ship on the open seas to follow his own creed. While looking for ...
- PAX East: Dark Brotherhood DLC Hits Elder Scroll Server Tomorrow During a panel at PAX East, Bethesda revealed to the crowd that the upcoming DLC The Dark Brotherhood would be hitting the public test server tomorrow. While this is not a full-on release, it is the step just before.
“Breaking news from the #ESOHQ at #PAXEast: Dark Brotherhood comes to the PTS on 4/25! #BloodWillFlow”
Along with that, the devs answered many fan questions, including:
“Player: How much stuff can I stuff in the upcoming Craft Bags? Rich Lambert: A shit-ton. #PAXEast”
Also promised are new mounts, equippable potions, and changes to stamina.
- PAX East: Betheda Shows Off Demo Of Elder Scrolls: Legends It’s clear Bethesda is not messing around when it comes to it’s card-game title Elder Scrolls: Legends. Just days after it released both an open and closed beta, it brought the title to PAX East, and made it playable for all who wanted to try it out.
Furthermore, Bethesda’s Pete Hines dropped in and did a Twitch Stream of the title to explain both how the game works and what makes it different from games like Hearthstone. You can check out the full video below.
- PAX East: Pyre Developers Talk About The Title Supergiant Games is at PAX East showing off their newest RPG, Pyre. Polygon got to record a massive 20-minute demo of the game during their time at the Supergiant booth.
They also were able to talk with the team behind the game, including creative director Greg Kasavin who noted that the crowds were very pleased with what they were seeing in Pyre. So much so that the crowds had been growing all weekend.
He even went so far as to note how nervous he and the team was about showing Pyre at PAX East, as the team is known for their risky ...
- PAX East: New Footage Of I Am Setsuna Released The RPG from the new Square-Enix studio Tokyo RPG Factory has gotten both a teaser trailer and a gameplay demo via PAX East. Furthermore, the company announced that I Am Setsuna will release on PC and PS4 on July 19th.
The game is meant to harken back to the days of classic JRPG’s like Chrono Trigger and the original Final Fantasy games. You can check out the synopsis, trailer, and gameplay video below:
“I Am Setsuna tells the sorrowful story of Setsuna, a young woman of incredible inner strength, and the sacrifice she must undertake to the save the people of her ...
- PAX East: Developers Show Off Divinity: Original Sin 2 The team behind Divinity: Original Sin, came to PAX East ready to show off their sequel, and even made a Kickstarter post showing what they showed off at the event. You can see the video of Divinity: Original Sin 2 below:
“Quite some time has passed since the last time players got their hands on Divinity: Original Sin 2, and a lot has changed in the meantime. We’ve been working hard to prepare something really fun for you guys, so come pay us a visit.
We’ll be showing off the new evolved combat system of Divinity: Original Sin 2. We’ve made a ...