- E3 2018: Kingdom Hearts 3 — The E3 Trailers How many trailers does one game need? If you ask us, Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn’t have enough, but this year it got three. One premiered during Sony’s press conference, one during Microsoft’s, and one during Square’s own — though in that case it was just a variant of the Sony version with a few extra clips mixed in. Wanna watch?
We’ve posted both relevant trailers below. The first revealed a world based around Frozen. With her ice powers, Elsa can explode a Heartless with a dead shot from 50 feet away — pretty boss, but she doesn’t look very confident about ...
- E3 2018: Nier Automata Become As Gods Edition Announced So what else has Square been up to? Making sure more people get to play Nier Automata, it appears. How soon is the game coming to XBox One?
Square Enix originally revealed Nier Automata for XBox by accident, posting a product link hours before its official unveiling. Before the page could disappear, though, the press nabbed everything, including the list of contents:
Base Nier: Automata game ($59.99 value)
The 3C3C1D119440927 expansion ($13.99 value)
Grimoire Weiss Pod
Retro Red Pod Skin
Retro Grey Pod Skin
Cardboard Pod Skin
The Machine Lifeform Mask Accessory
All these things were confirmed later that evening when the Nier Automata Become As Gods Edition was ...
- E3 2018: Shonen Heroes Unite In Jump Force Microsoft revealed Jump Force during their E3 press conference this weekend. What dark forces could be so powerful that the Earth’s greatest anime heroes have to join forces to fight it? (Looks like just Frieza…they got this.)
There have been video games uniting Shonen Jump characters before, but never one with this much energy and elaborate visuals poured into it. Jump Force stars the long-running manga mag’s most famous characters, with their powers fully accessible. Luffy can stretch and perform Gum Gum attacks, Naturo has his Shadow Clone Jutsu, and Goku has his famous Saiyan power-up technique. At the end of ...
- E3 2018: Namco Announces Tales Of Vesperia Definitive Edition Who here is a fan of the Tales series? How’d you like one of its finest hours remastered with new content? You got it today.
During Microsoft’s E3 press conference, Bandai Namco revealed Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is on the way to XBox One. The remastered release will contain additional characters and content.
Historically, XBox consoles haven’t been known for their quality RPGs, but Tales of Vesperia was considered one of its finest. The original Vesperia launched exclusively on the XBox 360 back in 2008, but Namco has confirmed the Definitive Edition will be multiplatform, despite its reveal in the XBox ...
- E3 2018: Elder Scrolls 6 Confirmed By Bethesda Is the wait finally over? What did Bethesda say regarding Elder Scrolls 6?
They revealed….it’s gonna be a thing! That’s all we learned, but we’ll take it. A short thirty-second trailer, premiering during Bethesda’s E3 conference last night, showed off a large render of a (likely) very small portion of the world they’re hard at work crafting.
“Look at me, aren’t I pretty?” it says.
It’s been a long time since the main Elder Scrolls series had an update. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim was released back in 2011 and is now playable on every device known to man, including smart fridges. The time ...
- E3 2018: New Trailers For Dragon Quest XI, Octopath Traveler And Final Fantasy XIV Why did Square Enix host an E3 livestream this year? That’s the question people are still asking, even after it’s over. Why did we get a trailer about a deaf guy beating people up instead of FF7 Remake? Where was that mysterious Avengers game they announced months ago? And why even host their own event if all their good trailers made their debut during other presentations?
Like the owl and his Tootsie Roll pop, the world may never know. But at least we got some new footage of games that may not be grabbing the kind of media attention FF7 Remake ...
- E3 2018: Fire Emblem Three Houses Announced For 2019 How nice is it that we can take new Fire Emblem games for granted now? Like clockwork, another one was announced this morning during Nintendo’s E3 presentation. What’s the story behind Fire Emblem Three Houses?
The same grid-based tactical screen is returning, but with some new twists thrown in. Instead of facing your enemies one-on-one, you’ll be able to command several characters at once. Your opponents will also be able to do this, so mastering the new technique is a necessity.
But an even more startling element we observed was the presence of an overworld. We saw characters freely walking around a ...
- E3 2018: Disgaea 1 Complete Coming October 9 To Switch, PS4 When is Disgaea 1 Complete coming to Switch and Playstation 4? We found out the answer today. On October 9, how many penguins can you annihilate while riding the bus?
The Disgaea series has been around since 2003 and won millions of fans, earning four sequels and a direct continuation of the original, Disgaea D2. This year we’re going back to the beginning with an HD remaster of the original game, first released for PS2. If you’ve never played it, then you ignored the PSP and DS rereleases as well. Get it together, dood!
The Overlord is dead. The Netherworld is in ...
- E3 2018: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expands With Torna – The Golden Country How will Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wrap up its narrative? The newly-announced Torna – The Golden Country could be the final major DLC release for the sequel…what will it reveal about the main storyline?
The game’s antagonist, Jin, comes from a place called Torna — but it predates him by at least 500 years. The new DLC expansion delves into the history of Torna and what shaped it into the community it is today.
Guide a group of legendary warriors on a journey through the tragic history that doomed a kingdom and drove a hero down a dark path 500 years before the ...
- Platinum Games Really Wants To Do Self-Publishing What’s the future hold for Platinum Games after Bayonetta 3? Who do they want to work with next?
In the video game industry, it’s easy to think that the best thing to do is work with a major publisher or developer. But when you have bad experiences with them, or you know your team could do better on their own, the desire to make your own games starts to drive you.
That’s what’s going on with Platinum Games right now. For despite making Bayonetta 3 for Nintendo and making Nier: Automata 2 for Square Enix, they’re really wanting to make their own ...