- Remaster Of Final Fantasy XII Coming In 2017 As of last month, Square-Enix has released HD versions of every main game in the Final Fantasy series, save one. You might have been wondering “will they get to number twelve?” Wonder no more; that announcement came today.
FFXII is a sprawling political tale set in the world of Ivalice, a Square-owned realm that’s borne some of the company’s best games (you need to play Vagrant Story sometime if you haven’t yet). When I say sprawling, I mean the character you control has nearly nothing to do with the storyline at all — it’s mainly a power struggle out of your ...
- Check Out The First Screenshot For Phoenix Point! The creator of the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown, not to be confused with the modern remake Enemies Unknown, is coming out with a new game with developer studio Snapshot Games. Called Phoenix Point, will apparently play much like XCOM, but with certain differences according to Julian Gallop. The screenshot below shows a bit about the title, as it shows a character being able to shoot specific body parts of the enemy they’re engaged with.
Gollop defines Phoenix Point as “an XCOM style of game with the modern presentation and tactical mechanics of the Firaxis reboot with an open world, strategic level ...
- You May Have To Download Fallout 4’s Far Harbor Again Bethesda has issued an updated version of Far Harbor, Fallout 4’s new DLC expansion, on PS4. However, for unexplained and mysterious reasons, it can’t be applied via normal means.
The main issue appears to be performance — on Playstation 4, Far Harbor runs at a sluggish 20FPS at any area that contains lots of volumetric fog to render. This update will fix that problem, but it doesn’t just install itself. Here are the steps, courtesy of Bethesda:
Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press Options, and select Close Application to ensure Fallout 4 is not ...
- Lead Designer For Civilization VI Talks What Makes Game Special It’s no surprise that Firaxis is doing numerous interviews to get positive word out about Civilization VI. Lead Designer Ed Beach sat down with BA Start Gaming and talked about several new features in the game, as well as things not previous reported. Check it out via the video below:
- Caravans Getting New Function In Civilization VI It’s clear that in Civilization VI, there’s an attempt to be less like a micromanager and more like a strategist. As the team at Firaxis are doing what they can to make things less automated and make even the smallest unit feel more important.
It is this line of thought that they decided to make it so that the caravan units are the only way to build roads early on the game.
“We thought that was a good way to go for the early game, because historically roads were built along trade routes,” says Lead Designer Ed Beach to IGN.
You will ...
- All Of Civilization VI’s New Features In One Video There is often a kind of information overload when a new game is announced. Mainly because between the fans wanting information, and the developer desiring to tell as much as they can without spoilers, there’s a lot to contend with.
For Civilization, the need for information is paramount, as each new version brings its own unique twists and augments to the game. Civilization VI is no different, as Firaxis dropped numerous tidbits and information about the game that might have gotten lost in the midst of the wealth of information.
The video below not only show gameplay footage of Civilization VI, but ...
- Gameplay Preview For Civilization VI Upon the announcement of Civilization VI, many were wondering how it would look and play compared to previous Civilization games. Some were lucky enough to get a test of it after the announcement was made, and some were even able to record it.
This near 30-minute gameplay preview shows Civilization VI and many of the visual and gameplay aspects you can expect. It’s long, but it’s worth the watch.
- The Reveal Trailer For Civilization VI Get Analyzed! What makes an announcement of a video game? Often, it is something that people see, whether it be a simple logo, artwork of the game, or in most cases, a trailer showing what the game will likely be like in the end. Often, game developers go all out and make sure the trailer is something memorable. Or, fills it with hidden details that gamers will have to be paying attention to in order to catch.
IGN took the liberty of talking with the team at Firaxis about the announcement trailer for Civilization VI, and found out there was more to it ...
- Noctis’ Car Is Faster Than A Chocobo, And Other New FFXV Factoids The chocobo used to be the fastest way to get around on any Final Fantasy overworld. Then the automobile was invented. Now the car belonging to Prince Noctis is the fastest thing on land! Eat dust, yellow birds!
This new fact was among many revealed during the latest Active Time Report from Square-Enix, broadcast live earlier today. In terms of transportation, it may be easier to drive than to fly. Director Hajime Tabata told viewers they’ll eventually get an airship, but they might have trouble landing it (if they fail, they’ll have to start back at the last checkpoint). We already ...
- New Harvest Moon Announced For 3DS Harvest Moon: Skytree Village was announced today by Natsume for the Nintendo 3DS. Natsume made the announcement ahead of E3 with the intent of going into greater detail during the show. We don’t have a trailer for you yet, but we do have THIS: there’s a goat in the game. The other bullet points provided by the company are familiar:
Play as a boy or a girl, woo bachelorettes and bachelors, and start a family!
Completely new story with tons of interesting new characters.
New crops and flowers to discover.
New fishing mechanics: expand waterways and catch rarer fish.
A full town with many residents, ...