- France and Catherine de’ Medici Arrive In Civilization VI Civ VI has a powerful roster already, but now, the Civilization website has revealed that France has returned, and Catherine de’ Medici will lead them into the new world.
As per other posts, the unique units and abilities of France were also outlined:
“UNIQUE UNIT: GARDE IMPERIALE
A group of elite veteran soldiers formed by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1799, the Garde Imperiale often received better compensation, equipment, living quarters and rations during war, much to the dismay of the other soldiers in service. The Garde Imperiale were divided into three different groups – the Old, the Middle and the Young – and served ...
- Civilization VI Pre-Order Bonus Is Aztec Empire A post on the Civilization site has revealed a pre-order bonus for those who purchase Civilization VI early, though it will come to all eventually after a set period of time:
“Starting today, those who pre-order Civilization VI will exclusively gain early access* to the Aztec civ, led by Montezuma I, when the game launches on October 21, 2016. After 90 days, this content will unlock for all Civilization VI players at no additional charge.”
They also outlined the unique units that would come with the Aztec Empire, including their unique Wonder of the world:
“UNIQUE UNIT: EAGLE WARRIOR
Within the Aztec army existed ...
- Rough Riders and Teddy Roosevelt Come To Civilization VI In a post on the Civilization website, it was revealed that 26th President Teddy Roosevelt would once again return to lead the United States in Civilization VI.
Along with him come the unique units that will only be available for the US. Here are the breakdowns:
“Unique unit: Rough Rider
The 1st United States Volunteer Cavalry, better known by its colloquial moniker the “Rough Riders,” was a regiment recruited and raised by Theodore Roosevelt in 1898 AD to fight in the Spanish-American War. This volunteer regiment included 1,060 ranchers, cowboys, college athletes, miners and other rugged outdoorsmen hailing from New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma ...
- Shenmue 3 Gains New Director From The Original Game Ys Net, developers of the upcoming, long-awaited and fan-financed Shenmue 3, announced today in a new Kickstarter post that another director who worked on the original Shenmue has joined their team.
Keiji Okayasu was program director on the first game and served through 70% of the second. He’s now president of a small Japanese development company, but he jumped at the chance to contribute to another Shenmue. Okayasu spoke in a new video accompanying the post.
“I have just recently joined the team. I thought I would be another fan waiting excitedly for the release, but as it is, I get to ...
- Coming From Square: Life Is Strange, The Show Square-Enix announced today it’s adapting its 2015 video game Life Is Strange into a TV series. Details about the series are scant at this point — obviously it’ll follow the plot of the game, but vaguely or straightforward? Are we talking a miniseries or something ongoing? And where would this show wind up?
It may be too early for the the last question to have an answer. Quite often, upcoming TV shows from studios determined to get them playing somewhere will be announced prior to ever finding a distribution deal. The assumption is that they will get one eventually.
Legendary Digital Studios ...
- Square Publishes Mobius Final Fantasy Trailer What’s “Mobius Final Fantasy”….a FF/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover? Not quite. You haven’t heard of it because it’s Square’s latest mobile game. And like most of them these days, it’s free to start but constantly nags you for in-game purchases to support itself.
Coming to iPhone, iPad and Android devices on August 3, MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY tells the story of a man who wakes up in a world called Palamecia with no memory of his past. There, he finds himself tasked with bringing hope to the world by unraveling a mysterious prophecy around the legendary warrior of light. The game is being ...
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Will Arrive August 30th At San Diego Comic Con, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV was revealed to be coming August 30th. You can check out the announcement and synopsis for the movie that will tie into the upcoming Final Fantasy XV game below:
“Experience the global phenomenon when the action-packed, feature-length epic, KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV, debuts on digital August 30 and on Blu-ray™ and DVD October 4 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film will be released in select movie theaters nationwide August 19 by Stage 6 Films with Vertical Entertainment and Square Enix. Highlighted by beautiful, state-of-the-art CG technology, the revolutionary new movie goes ...
- Pokemon GO’s Next Priority Is Trading At San Diego Comic Con, the team at Niantic took to the stage to talk about the massively popular Pokemon GO.
Among the many announcements, the team assures gamers that one of their top priorities is to establish trading Pokemon between players. A staple of the main series. Though, he doesn’t know when it will be out:
“I’m sorry, I don’t have a date for you ” Hanke said. “We’re working really hard to keep the servers up and running… It’s at the top of our priority list.”
He also noted that remaining generation 1 Pokemon, along with Pokemon from other generations ...
- New Patch Notes For StarCraft II Patch 3.4.0 for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void has been detailed on the StarCraft website. Many changes were made, from the visuals, to the matchmaking programming and more. Below is a section of the patch notes, you can read the full list here.
“The StarCraft II Ladder Revamp has arrived. Read on for a list of highlights!
Your matchmaking rating (MMR) is now displayed in various screens throughout the StarCraft II user interface.
A new Ladder tab has been added to the Score Screen that displays both you and your opponent’s matchmaking rating (MMR), as well as the changes in rating from the ...
- Life Is Strange’s First Chapter Is Free Tomorrow Starting tomorrow, Square-Enix will be giving away the first chapter of their story of adolescence and strange phenomena called Life Is Strange. That’s correct: beginning July 21 and into forever, the price of Chapter 1 will be $0.
Why are they being so generous? Because like a neighborhood drug pusher, they know you won’t be able to stop with just one. Life is Strange has five chapters in all, and once you’ve finished the free chapter, you’re going to want the others. Badly.
Fair warning, OK? The free chapter is being offered on all platforms Life Is Strange can be played on: ...