We now have a solid release date for Persona 5: February of next year. Those of you who were expecting the game sometime in 2016 are no doubt disappointed, but to be realistic, in such a crowded year this game would have gotten lost. February is traditionally a dead zone for game releases and with no competition, Persona 5 could do well there.
The good news is that Atlus has the boxart finalized, as well as its plans for a special edition of the game. Check it out….
It’s still coming out for Playstation 3 as well; they haven’t forgotten about you guys stuck in the past. However, only the Playstation 4 version will boast the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition, which costs $89.99 and comes with these extra things:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
Considering that this only adds $20 to the total price, it’s a nice deal. If it’s too much, though, you can still add pizazz to your Persona 5 purchase by picking up the Day 1 Steelbook Edition, which will only come with the first shipment and will cost the same as the normal version.