Two new mods from XCOM 2 have arrived via Long Wars Studios, the team that made the Long Wars mod for the original XCOM. Check out the breakdown of the mods via the official XCOM website:
“Hello, Commander. One of our resistance cells, Long War Studios, has promised new tools to help us combat ADVENT and the alien menace. Starting today, XCOM soldiers will have new laser-based weapons to equip, as well as a complete reworking of classes and Abilities to employ in XCOM 2.
The “Perk Pack” and “Laser Pack” mods are available for download through the XCOM 2 Steam Workshop right now. Simply head over to the Long War Studios section of Steam Workshop here and subscribe to the new mods. They will then be automatically downloaded through your Steam client.
PERK PACK” MOD
- Choice of three perks per promotion rank instead of two
- More than 70 new and reworked Abilities that can be assigned to soldiers, gear or aliens
- Reworks the four base classes into seven, including the assault, gunner and shinobi, or create your own class
- Adds ten new PCS items, each granting a unique ability
- Support for more than 15 active abilities in the tactical UI
LASER PACK” MOD
- Adds a new laser tier of XCOM weaponry, which includes a new variant for the assault rifle, shotgun, cannon, sniper rifle, pistol and SMG, plus all attachments
- Mod includes models, textures, particle effects and sounds
- Tier exists between magnetic and beam tiers, with two new technologies”