It is only eight days until Final Fantasy XV, a game ten years in the making, sits on store shelves at last. So that being said, this new trailer published by Square over the weekend may be the last one we get before the game itself. Here’s everything you’ll get to do November 29….
There’s one other thing to mention. Remember how this game was delayed two months so that it wouldn’t need a Day One patch? Uhh, it’s getting a Day One patch. Director Hajime Tabata told the press that his production team just kept working and adding things after the disc went gold, and he didn’t want to stand in their way. The good news is that the patch won’t be quite as big as it would’ve been had the game shipped in September. It’s got:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
On second thought, maybe it will be big. Oh well.
Final Fantasy XV goes on sale November 29.