Final Fanatics have been wondering: when will Square Enix release the fifteenth Final Fantasy game on PC? Another slice of the fandom has been asking….is the company going to sew up the completed game and all its DLC into one deluxe package? The answer to both questions is yes, at the same time.
The long-awaited Windows version of Final Fantasy XV is the Royal Edition, which includes everything that’s been added to the basic game over the past year, as well as some features that are new:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
All these things will also be part of a new Royal Edition rerelease for Playstation 4 and XBox One. But if you already have the original version of the game and the DLC and just want the new content, did Square think of you? Yes they did….things like the first-person camera mode are part of the Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack, which will be on the Playstation Store and XBox Marketplace the same day.
That day is March 6. Whatever machine you game on, there’s a Royal Edition for you (except the Switch…for now). Cost is $50 universally.