Update 1.6 has arrived for Fallout 4. Among the usual bug fixes and performance tweaks, this update increases the number of names your robot butler, Codsworth, can call you. Fallout 4 launched with over 1,000 possible names for Codsworth to say out loud (including several immature ones they knew people would try). With Update 1.6, an additional 300+ are added. Bethesda isn’t saying which ones…you’ll have to experiment for yourself.
Currently the update is only available for the PC version of the game; we expect console versions to come out shortly.
- ExitSave – Exiting to the Main Menu will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The Existsave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
- New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
- More than 300 new player names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary
- Support for upcoming Add Ons
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player from getting stuck in elevators while in Mass Fusion Building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where player would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting saved games would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to Mods load order and browsing