Atlus invited the press to preview eight minutes of clips from the new Persona 5. Unfortunately the English translation is still a work in progress, so the entirety of the footage was in Japanese. Even worse, they provided no method of directly capturing the video, so IGN had to record the screen to bring everyone this:
Looks pretty great, doesn’t it? You’ll have to wait until Valentine’s Day 2017 to find out how great. Persona 5 is one of the few games present at this year’s E3 that will also have a last-gen version — since it was originally developed for that console, it’ll be coming out on both PS3 and PS4.
Is there a Collector’s Edition? Yes, there’s a Collector’s Edition for everything. Persona 5’s packs the following:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
- 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member-and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
- Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
If you buy Persona 5 on launch day or close to it, you will get the Steelbook case as a bonus no matter which version you get. Persona 5 comes out February 14, 2017 for PS3 and PS4.