Skyrim Forum

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Well, when I said not so bad I meant that it isn't terribly inconvenient to go over to the forums... I agree with the homepage not being that great XD
The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass
So what was the beta like?
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Without getting into way too much detail... graphics are... much less than what I expected, but they aren't awful in my opinion. Combat is a little strange, you have to be locked onto a target to damage them (which resulted in my death once or twice). Killing monsters gets a very small (much lower than it should) amount of xp from them. If you ignore the freezes, quest bugs, that stuff, it was pretty fun.
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Spent most of those 8~ minutes making that less than 420 characters :p
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Bosmer in the Aldmeri Dominion. For the Dominion!
What faction and race did you favor?
I am tempted to go Dominion If I ever get the game, but I don't like playing as nonhuman races. This comes from most of my friends being pro "For the Queen!" But all in all, I decided it wasn't worth it. The Ebonheart pack is going to be majorly mainstream with nords and argonians, and the other covenant just isn't interesting at all to me...
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Oblivion just finished downloading... I feel kind of ashamed that I've never played it before o_O
I feel ashamed too, but I don't have the money to download it anymore...
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
You mean what I'm playing it on? PC, the only system I will be using for quite a while. Not interested in any of the "next-gen" consoles when I have a perfectly good computer.
Indeed. My next upgrade will be a PC. Goodluck, but one thing before you go in...
Even if you aren't a fan of Dark Souls, the story of Dark Souls is gold. Tell me if the guy from my Sig sounds like one of the characters in Oblivion, one of the emperor's I think.
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Woah... thats cool... Never really watched or played Dark Souls, since the videos I find are basically someone yelling in frustration, which gets irritating after a while. And I'll see if I meet any emperors who sound like that.
Someone who watched it! At last! Anyways, someone said Artorias sounded kinda like the Emperor in Oblivion, but I haven't heard the emperor talk as I don't want spoilers before I play it.
The game of Dark Souls is widely disliked because it doesn't hold the player's hand and give em a quest marker. It tells you you're going the wrong way because the enemies will be considerably more difficult if you are. You also have to pay attention to the environment. Scorch marks on a bridge means you're going to get burned if you nonchalantly run over it, for example.
And you can take very few hits, and you have to time your attacks right, so you can't just charge into a fight and expect to own everything's face. At least not until you have some experience under your belt. It is a game that makes you think, and if you don't talk to every npc or read all the item descriptions, you will miss the story of the game entirely.
SkyrimFreak
SkyrimFreak
Yeah its ok, and somethings wrong with Oblivion, everything is sort of a blue screen besides the AI. So basically... I go to character creation, and I see the menu with all the options but I can't see what my character looks like, since everything besides the menu is blue. And when I went to the actual game, everything besides compass, health/mana/stamina bars, that thing, was blue.
There is almost no narrative in the actual game. So those videos are all fan created for the most part. Sorry for the walls of spam, and distracting you from Oblivion, just felt it was worth saying. Goodluck!