Favorite and least favorite enemies to fight.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Train

Is that all you got?!
I have to say that my favorite enemies are the random ones (thieves, assassins, roaming bandits, Thalmor, etc). Mostly because they make the world seem more real. I, of course, like fighting dragons, but I'd think that would be a given. I hate trolls at low levels, but like beating them down at higher levels when I can. Overall, I hate magic users the most, at any level, they seem way overpowered.

Dallas-Arbiter

Dragon priests are my favorite, because there's only so many, and at low levels, it's almost suicide. My least favorite, wolves. No matter what, every ten feet you are fighting a wolf or 3.

Varien

Throne of Crows
Personally I love fighting the random Dark brotherhood assassins that try to kill me on my travels. Killing them and and then reading my death note makes me feel so important :p
I really get bothered when I have to fight any machine like creatures, they kind of ruin the role play for me. Like the ones in the Dwemer ruins.

I find some of the Forsworn quite challenging sometimes. I like the random attacks too. Assassins, etc.

Adam Warlock

Random Dragons that have their own names are the ones I most like to find !
Just this last week , I`ve had epic battles with Vulgotnaak and Nahagliiv !
As far as the least , I could live in a Skyrim without Skeevers .

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
I love fighting high level Draugr, not sure why. And out of all the things I hate in Skyrim....Ice Wraiths are the worst, especially in the snow.

I like it when thieves walk up to me and try to get me to give them my money. I always tell them, "Do I look like I have any money," and they usually buy it (despite my rediculously expensive looking armor) and walk away. I then proceed to stab them in the back. I also like fighting the random troops of Imperial soldiers and Thalmor I see. Those give me giggles. :D

Least favorite would have to be Falmer. They creep me out, they can be rather tough, and I don't see them coming half the time. Getting swarmed by those guys makes me feel slimy. I'm sure that most of my in game deaths in recent memory have been caused by Falmer. :eek:

Train

Is that all you got?!
I really get bothered when I have to fight any machine like creatures, they kind of ruin the role play for me. Like the ones in the Dwemer ruins.

Dwemer ruins actually started in Morrowind (not sure about previous games), there's a whole bunch of back story for them. They shouldn't be disrupting the roleplay for you, that sounds awful, how dare they! For me they actually add to it, check out this TES wiki on them, maybe there's a chance we can save the roleplay still :) : Dwemer - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Favorites would be the really tough enemies that require strategy to defeat. Dragon Priests, Hagravens, Spriggans, Dwarven Centurions, the tougher Falmer and Draugr. I like getting my butt kicked once or twice, forcing me to stop and think about how I can best them.

Least favorite: Chaurus. I just effing hate those things.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Random thieves and assassins are fun to defeat. All Imperial soldiers and Thalmor are fun to defeat, and any bounty on my head that accrues from so doing is well worth it.

Least favorite enemies:
- Chaurus for the sheer annoyance factor.
- Wolves, once I am able to one-hit kill them. I am not your lunch, you fools; you are mine.
- Ice wraiths in packs. WHERE ARE YOU, YOU DEVILISH BEASTS?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Ranged forsworn and the ebony arrow toting draugr can be a royal pain in the ass, like wtf where did my health go? Its a dislike and like kinda thing, makes it more fun!

THIS! I wholeheartedly agree.

perkecet

i love dragon priests. i HATE wolves because they are incredibly annoying no matter what level youre at. and, however unpopular this may be, i cannot stand fighting dragons. planned dragons are cool, but after you get dragonrend its just non stop dragon attacks. they never end. its not a huge deal when youre a destruction mage since you have a reliable ranged attack, but any other build makes it a pain until they land. dragonrend does remedy this, but as i said by that point there are just SOO many of them. i still do love fighting the dragons at their lairs, but you cant go to any overworld contained city anymore without being attacked by at least one.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Dragonrend made slaying dragons too easy for me. By the time I started the main quest, I was already at Level 50 and had Daedric Armor. I found Mages to be harder once I had Dragonrend.

Train

Is that all you got?!
its not a huge deal when youre a destruction mage since you have a reliable ranged attack, but any other build makes it a pain until they land.

Ah, but what about archery, I use both melee and ranged attacks with my current character. Even though I spend most of the time running around healing myself during a dragon fight, I still have the ability to strike back at all times. With the faster arrow draw perk I can get a few hits before having to go back to healing. I do admit that destruction attacks can interrupt the dragon's attack, making it better, but I feel like a true dragon slayer with non-magical combat styles.

What about bears? These d*mn bears are driving me crazy! Can't a traveler go from Windhelm to Riften without having to fight, or even avoid, tons of bears? I couldn't care less about wolves, these bears I can't stand.

perkecet

idk about you, but i have a LOT of trouble hitting a flying dragon with arrows. and since you can't make your own id much rather not waste my 20 gold a piece glass arrows that i could only find 15 of. with magic you can just spam fireballs at it and youll be sure to land some. you can then drink magicka potions if youd like, which you can make yourself. im not the type to TRY to hit something with my bow, if im firing an arrow, its going to hit its mark.

Train

Is that all you got?!
I'm not talking about shooting it when it's flying around, but when it's hovering over you breathing fire down your neck. ;) I have yet to hit a dragon while it's soaring about over my head. It's nice to have glass arrows, but for the most part I use iron and steel. After completing the Stormcloak side of the civil war and collecting as many arrows as I could from the dead Imperials, I came out with a little over 600 steel arrows, despite using my bow for most of the battles. I can afford to fire off one after the other like a freakin' machine gun. To each their own, but I've never had a problem with finding arrows. This is the first build with archery that I've actually liked, I'm more melee, but at this point the bow is doing more than I ever expected. 83 damaged with steel arrows, that's pretty darn good, and with the stagger perk it sometimes ends up saving me.

perkecet

yeah, im a couple points away from getting quick draw. and i consider them hovering 5 feet off the ground essentially landed. i was talking flying with movement being ridiculously hard. although, that doesnt stop every guard or NPC with a bow from trying it while a dragon is about.

oh, and like you ive got hundreds of low level arrows, but i prefer the good stuff. somewhat for damage, but mostly because my nightingale bow looks much better on my back with a quiver of ebony arrows than iron ones =P

Train

Is that all you got?!
oh, and like you ive got hundreds of low level arrows, but i prefer the good stuff. somewhat for damage, but mostly because my nightingale bow looks much better on my back with a quiver of ebony arrows than iron ones =P

Gotcha', then don't use the nice arrows for fights so much, just for looks. ;) I actually can't stand the look of a bow or even just the quiver on my chars. back, something about it I just don't like. I always have to unequip the bow and arrows after a battle and switch to a sword or something.

perkecet

Gotcha', then don't use the nice arrows for fights so much, just for looks. ;) I actually can't stand the look of a bow or even just the quiver on my chars. back, something about it I just don't like. I always have to unequip the bow and arrows after a battle and switch to a sword or something.
what i REALLY can't stand is when i've switched from a bow to a sword and i've still got the quiver on my back. i think it looks so silly. i wish that equipping a one handed weapon left the bow on your back still, and visa versa, would add a nice bit of realism for me.